NSW Cup Dragons game updates

Wests Tigers State Cup Discussion
pHyR3

Re: NSW Cup Dragons game updates

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 08 Mar, 2014 11:32 pm

Blake93 wrote:So you'd play an unfit, underdone prop over a fully fit one? Glad you're not the coach.....

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
likewise...

gotta be joking if you think big red wont be in the 17. doubt he'll start, as he's coming back from an injury. Just like woodsy came off the bench round 1 or so in 2013 due to his knee stuff.

he's an ORIGIN level player and on a heck of a lot more than any prop bar woods (and blair) and so will be in the team when fit no question. and we can definitely use him, that's why we win considerably more when he's playing and also why we've resigned him for several more years.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Benjirific

Post by Benjirific » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 12:59 am

Guest wrote:
innsaneink wrote:[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BiLYL_dCYAEb5DP.jpg:large[/img]
Did you ask Dodgy Dave if you could use his photo?

Dodgy Dave?

Jux

Post by Jux » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 11:42 am

Guest wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:"72'— Austin takes on the line and throws a huge cut-out pass but it beats everyone and flies into touch. We still lead 34-14."

these kind of moments make me think potter made the right call with anasta, but we'll see that tomorrow i guess
Yeh ignore the fact he carved it up for the rest of the 79 mins. You are a deadset gibberer.

Exactly what i was thinking. Austin was a standout in our trial against the panthers. Tried to hard to impress when he came on against the sharks and probably cost himself a first grade spot.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 09 Mar, 2014 12:00 pm

Jux wrote:
Guest wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:"72'— Austin takes on the line and throws a huge cut-out pass but it beats everyone and flies into touch. We still lead 34-14."

these kind of moments make me think potter made the right call with anasta, but we'll see that tomorrow i guess
Yeh ignore the fact he carved it up for the rest of the 79 mins. You are a deadset gibberer.

Exactly what i was thinking. Austin was a standout in our trial against the panthers. Tried to hard to impress when he came on against the sharks and probably cost himself a first grade spot.
yea he stood out in that NSW Cup game, but had a couple of hicups and was exposed pretty badly in 9s in defence.

Also when I watched the NSW Cup Grand Final, he was very strong for the first 20 and then average to poor kicking/attack in the final hour. they failed to score a point in that time (maybe 1 try maximum) while the other team put up 34+ points.

I mean look, im not saying that austin is a horrible player. Just that it's not as clear cut as you might think that Austin > Anasta. I can see why potter made the decision, everyone at the club has shouted praises for braith's leadership and the effect he has on the boys when playing in directing them around. I mean, if robbie gets injured there's no real leader left in the spine. Tedesco, Brooks and Austin. I'd be very worried if that happened. But if braith was there, i'd be confident he can lead the team around the park a lot better than any of those 3.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Mon 10 Mar, 2014 12:59 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
Jux wrote:
Guest wrote:

yea he stood out in that NSW Cup game, but had a couple of hicups and was exposed pretty badly in 9s in defence.

Also when I watched the NSW Cup Grand Final, he was very strong for the first 20 and then average to poor kicking/attack in the final hour. they failed to score a point in that time (maybe 1 try maximum) while the other team put up 34+ points.

I mean look, im not saying that austin is a horrible player. Just that it's not as clear cut as you might think that Austin > Anasta. I can see why potter made the decision, everyone at the club has shouted praises for braith's leadership and the effect he has on the boys when playing in directing them around. I mean, if robbie gets injured there's no real leader left in the spine. Tedesco, Brooks and Austin. I'd be very worried if that happened. But if braith was there, i'd be confident he can lead the team around the park a lot better than any of those 3.
Changed your mind after yesterday? I have.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 8:55 am

Neither Anasta or Austin are the long term solutions

The long term solution for the 6 jersey is not at the club IMO

phil1986

Post by phil1986 » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 8:58 am

happy tiger wrote:Neither Anasta or Austin are the long term solutions

That's a bit harsh happy, Austin hasn't played a first grade game for us and your writing him off already. Lol

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 9:03 am

phil1986 wrote:

That's a bit harsh happy, Austin hasn't played a first grade game for us and your writing him off already. Lol

He is also writing off Mitch Moses and Te Maire Martin, both of whom are rated highly.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 9:04 am

phil1986 wrote:

Well he will need to be Wally Lewis to carry this forward pack

phil1986

Post by phil1986 » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 9:20 am

happy tiger wrote:
phil1986 wrote:

Well he will need to be Wally Lewis to carry this forward pack
Watch how they will change when Galloway returns, as weird as it sounds, he does similar to George burgess ( I'm
Not comparing the two in playing ability, so please don't twist this), but they both make meters And make the next forward hit up and every one after easier as the defence is on the back foot.

Having woods first hit up not make any meters allows the defence to be set and have the wood on us from then on.

We do have some props who can make meters. However when defence is set and in your face quick, its hard for any pack to get on top.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 9:20 am

magpiecol wrote: Changed your mind after yesterday? I have.
a bit, but potter won't remove braith next week and that's really what matters.

there's another thread about a lack of leadership, and replacing a veteran with a kid with 20 games won't solve that.

also, braith was better than brooks but we're not considering dropping luke for austin.

littletiger

Post by littletiger » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 9:22 am

At least anasta defence is good. which we need most at moment. Also I think I'd rather Rowe then koro I think. And I can't believe how ordinary Paterson was and how much we rely on Fulton.

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 9:28 am

pHyR3 wrote:
Jux wrote:
Guest wrote:

Firstly what player in our side wasn't "exposed defensively" at the 9's? It's unfair to base your judgement on a players defensive capabilities in a 9 a side format.

Secondly Braith has had ample opportunities to lead the team around the park, with Farah in the team. He has never seized that opportunity or looked as though he has wanted to. Anasta is just cruising to retirement and a cushy job with Fox Sports. Austin needs to wear the 6.

littletiger

Post by littletiger » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 9:48 am

Think its brooks job to lead around park not anasta. Anasta was never type of player that leads team around park. I understand people frustration but think we're expecting too much from him and harsh

these kind of moments make me think potter made the right call with anasta, but we'll see that tomorrow i guess[/quote]

Posted using RoarFEED 2013[/quote]

Exactly what i was thinking. Austin was a standout in our trial against the panthers. Tried to hard to impress when he came on against the sharks and probably cost himself a first grade spot.[/quote]

I mean look, im not saying that austin is a horrible player. Just that it's not as clear cut as you might think that Austin > Anasta. I can see why potter made the decision, everyone at the club has shouted praises for braith's leadership and the effect he has on the boys when playing in directing them around. I mean, if robbie gets injured there's no real leader left in the spine. Tedesco, Brooks and Austin. I'd be very worried if that happened. But if braith was there, i'd be confident he can lead the team around the park a lot better than any of those 3.[/quote]

Firstly what player in our side wasn't "exposed defensively" at the 9's? It's unfair to base your judgement on a players defensive capabilities in a 9 a side format.

Secondly Braith has had ample opportunities to lead the team around the park, with Farah in the team. He has never seized that opportunity or looked as though he has wanted to. Anasta is just cruising to retirement and a cushy job with Fox Sports. Austin needs to wear the 6.[/quote]

Joshu@tigertown

Post by Joshu@tigertown » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 10:15 am

Whats the point of leading if we can't defend to save our lives?? It's the same old song!!