Obed Karwhin -> Redcliffe

Wests Tigers State Cup Discussion
User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6958
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Obed Karwhin -> Redcliffe

Post by Sabre » Tue 08 Nov, 2016 7:35 pm



User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33163
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Tue 08 Nov, 2016 8:10 pm

That's a shame, I was hoping he would stay, knuckle down at training and continue to develop at the Tigers.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29715
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Tue 08 Nov, 2016 8:35 pm

His problems go with him, until theyre sorted out

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6958
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Tue 08 Nov, 2016 8:59 pm

willow wrote:That's a shame, I was hoping he would stay, knuckle down at training and continue to develop at the Tigers.
I dare say that going by some of the stuff posted on here, and the fact that he is constantly in and out of the team (even being dropped to Sydney Shield - below Ron Massey Cup) that he might have had some disciplinary or attitude problems. Not saying that's why he's leaving but it wouldn't come as a surprise.

GoldXR50Leroy
Member
Member
Posts: 1857
Joined: Tue 31 May, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Tue 08 Nov, 2016 9:38 pm

Strange move from Obed, on the cusp of playing NRL and leaves for the oblivion of QldCup, has Uncle Wayne got involved here as depth for the Broncos?.


mustafa
Member
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri 24 Jun, 2016 12:12 pm

Post by mustafa » Tue 08 Nov, 2016 9:41 pm

GoldXR50Leroy wrote:Strange move from Obed, on the cusp of playing NRL and leaves for the oblivion of QldCup, has Uncle Wayne got involved here as depth for the Broncos?.
Matthew Lodge has gone there as well

GoldXR50Leroy
Member
Member
Posts: 1857
Joined: Tue 31 May, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Tue 08 Nov, 2016 9:44 pm

mustafa wrote:
GoldXR50Leroy wrote:Strange move from Obed, on the cusp of playing NRL and leaves for the oblivion of QldCup, has Uncle Wayne got involved here as depth for the Broncos?.
Matthew Lodge has gone there as well
Yeah, knew about Lodge, he's trying to resurrect a career but in Obed's case, mystifying!.

strrretch
Member
Member
Posts: 234
Joined: Sat 03 Nov, 2012 6:19 pm
Location: Geraldton W.A

Post by strrretch » Tue 08 Nov, 2016 9:55 pm

He's a character , enjoyed watching him play. Not the quiet type haha

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2408
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Tue 08 Nov, 2016 10:19 pm

He wasnt the fastest winger going around...

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8413
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 7:16 am

Ohwell.

Prob never see or hear about him ever again.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7212
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 7:20 am

GoldXR50Leroy wrote:Strange move from Obed, on the cusp of playing NRL and leaves for the oblivion of QldCup, has Uncle Wayne got involved here as depth for the Broncos?.
He was not on the cusp at the Weststigers to play NRL and that is why he was released. He was considered to slow, poor trainer and high risk in the discipline department. That might be all proved wrong, but that is why they released him

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29898
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 8:31 am

supercoach wrote:
GoldXR50Leroy wrote:Strange move from Obed, on the cusp of playing NRL and leaves for the oblivion of QldCup, has Uncle Wayne got involved here as depth for the Broncos?.
He was not on the cusp at the Weststigers to play NRL and that is why he was released. He was considered to slow, poor trainer and high risk in the discipline department. That might be all proved wrong, but that is why they released him
Wasn't a case of releasing him...Karwhin was offered a contract.....he said...No...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

criwdfluffer
Member
Member
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon 15 Feb, 2016 9:34 am

Post by criwdfluffer » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 10:38 am

tigerap wrote:He wasnt the fastest winger going around...
this.

Balmain Boy
Member
Member
Posts: 3271
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Balmain Boy » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 12:28 pm

criwdfluffer wrote:
tigerap wrote:He wasnt the fastest winger going around...
this.
Neither is Nofoaluma. And Rankin. Simona's been run down a few times and Kev only has pace over the first 10-20m metres and then burns out.

We have a severe lack of pace in our outside backs.

Karwhin was no different but he did at least have size.

batboy
Member
Member
Posts: 1367
Joined: Mon 27 Sep, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by batboy » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 12:40 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
criwdfluffer wrote:
tigerap wrote:He wasnt the fastest winger going around...
this.
Neither is Nofoaluma. And Rankin. Simona's been run down a few times and Kev only has pace over the first 10-20m metres and then burns out.

We have a severe lack of pace in our outside backs.

Karwhin was no different but he did at least have size.
Size yes... But not a lot of ticker to go with it.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6174
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 1:10 pm

Geo. wrote:
supercoach wrote:
GoldXR50Leroy wrote:Strange move from Obed, on the cusp of playing NRL and leaves for the oblivion of QldCup, has Uncle Wayne got involved here as depth for the Broncos?.
He was not on the cusp at the Weststigers to play NRL and that is why he was released. He was considered to slow, poor trainer and high risk in the discipline department. That might be all proved wrong, but that is why they released him
Wasn't a case of releasing him...Karwhin was offered a contract.....he said...No...
A decent contract or a super cut-price one?

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18362
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 2:50 pm

I am disappointed at the lack of panicked wrist slitting and calling for JT's head in this thread.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Balmain Boy
Member
Member
Posts: 3271
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Balmain Boy » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 3:01 pm

batboy wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:
criwdfluffer wrote:
tigerap wrote:He wasnt the fastest winger going around...
this.
Neither is Nofoaluma. And Rankin. Simona's been run down a few times and Kev only has pace over the first 10-20m metres and then burns out.

We have a severe lack of pace in our outside backs.

Karwhin was no different but he did at least have size.
Size yes... But not a lot of ticker to go with it.
Well he was the best finisher in our lower grades, and was a vocal leader on the field. But seemingly didn't put in the work on the training paddock.

Post Reply