Obed Karwhin -> Redcliffe

Wests Tigers State Cup Discussion
Geo.

Re: Obed Karwhin -> Redcliffe

Post by Geo. » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 5:18 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Geo. wrote:
supercoach wrote:
GoldXR50Leroy wrote:Strange move from Obed, on the cusp of playing NRL and leaves for the oblivion of QldCup, has Uncle Wayne got involved here as depth for the Broncos?.
He was not on the cusp at the Weststigers to play NRL and that is why he was released. He was considered to slow, poor trainer and high risk in the discipline department. That might be all proved wrong, but that is why they released him
Wasn't a case of releasing him...Karwhin was offered a contract.....he said...No...
A decent contract or a super cut-price one?
2nd tier NSW cup contract,,,
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

kafta

Post by kafta » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 5:21 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:I am disappointed at the lack of panicked wrist slitting and calling for JT's head in this thread.
It is being saved for the JT 3 year extension thread.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 8:35 pm

He was the slowest winger I can recall. I reckon Rankin is quicker.
Never rated him as a winger but he may be better suited to the back row.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 9:32 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
batboy wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:
criwdfluffer wrote:this.
Neither is Nofoaluma. And Rankin. Simona's been run down a few times and Kev only has pace over the first 10-20m metres and then burns out.

We have a severe lack of pace in our outside backs.

Karwhin was no different but he did at least have size.
Size yes... But not a lot of ticker to go with it.
Well he was the best finisher in our lower grades, and was a vocal leader on the field. But seemingly didn't put in the work on the training paddock.
Roman Ioelu has him covered quite easily

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 09 Nov, 2016 10:50 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
criwdfluffer wrote:
tigerap wrote:He wasnt the fastest winger going around...
this.
Neither is Nofoaluma. And Rankin. Simona's been run down a few times and Kev only has pace over the first 10-20m metres and then burns out.

Karwhin was faster than Rankin and Naiqama especially over a distance

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Fri 11 Nov, 2016 10:20 am

happy tiger wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:
criwdfluffer wrote:
this.

He did score 2 length of the field tries towards the end of the season, so you can't be that slow otherwise the opponenents will still be able to turn and round you up in no time. We just made very few long range tries down his wing.

Obed did score 37 tries in 39 games in NYC, which i think is a record for the club. Ioelu goes well, has 11 tries from 17 matches, but he can also kick goals.

I certainly hope we have kept Ioelu, i wouldn't read much into it at this stage of the season but the players profiles seem to have been re-arranged according to which players are still under contract, and which level they'll play at. A few of teh nyc boys have moved to nsw cup, others to nrl.

Might be a number who have had their profile taken down either intentionally or accidentally, but players like Karwhin are no longer listed. Neither are Ioelu, McCormack. But its most likley they just havent finalised squads no profile pics etc yet.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Fri 11 Nov, 2016 10:21 am

happy tiger wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:
criwdfluffer wrote:
this.

He did score 2 length of the field tries towards the end of the season, so you can't be that slow otherwise the opponenents will still be able to turn and round you up in no time. We just made very few long range tries down his wing.

Obed did score 37 tries in 39 games in NYC, which i think is a record for the club. Ioelu goes well, has 11 tries from 17 matches, but he can also kick goals.

I certainly hope we have kept Ioelu, i wouldn't read much into it at this stage of the season but the players profiles seem to have been re-arranged according to which players are still under contract, and which level they'll play at. A few of the nyc boys have moved to nsw cup, others to nrl.

Might be a number who have had their profile taken down either intentionally or accidentally, but players like Karwhin are no longer listed. Neither are Ioelu, McCormack. But its most likely they just havent finalised squads no profile pics etc yet.

Oh and despite being 'lazy' as some people claim, he still ran for more than 500m more than any of his team mates this year.

I'm not saying he'll play Origin or even nrl, but he was a great prospect in one of our weakest positions.

Kip Drordy

Post by Kip Drordy » Tue 27 Dec, 2016 9:18 pm

Karwhin is training with Blacktown sea eagles. Not sure what happened at Redcliffe - maybe they realised his defence was horrendous. Ioelu signed with Cronulla. He has another year in 20s. McCormack rumoured to be training with Canberra

Samuel karwhin

Post by Samuel karwhin » Wed 25 Jan, 2017 1:24 am

My brother didn't end up going to redcliffe, he chose to stay here for another year and play in Sydney, he wasn't ready to leave his family yet.

Honestly I hope he makes his debute this year and prove many wrong. He works very hard and I think he has a good defense and attack, he went from being 110kg winger to 99.8 kg this pre season. He always wanted to play for west tigers that was his childhood dream and he always tells me if he makes it and gets. An offer from tigers he will go back

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 25 Jan, 2017 5:41 am

Samuel karwhin wrote:My brother didn't end up going to redcliffe, he chose to stay here for another year and play in Sydney, he wasn't ready to leave his family yet.

Honestly I hope he makes his debute this year and prove many wrong. He works very hard and I think he has a good defense and attack, he went from being 110kg winger to 99.8 kg this pre season. He always wanted to play for west tigers that was his childhood dream and he always tells me if he makes it and gets. An offer from tigers he will go back
Are Jarred and Billy good coaches Sam?

Which junior club are you with?

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Wed 25 Jan, 2017 5:58 am

Samuel karwhin wrote:My brother didn't end up going to redcliffe, he chose to stay here for another year and play in Sydney, he wasn't ready to leave his family yet.

I wish him every success.I hope he can get back to WT and show everyone what he is capable of.Losing 10k of weight like that should help with his mobility and speed.

willow

Post by willow » Wed 25 Jan, 2017 6:51 am

Did the Tigers release him or was he chasing more money than they could offer? I thought he had potential and could have been a solid centre/backrow prospect.

seadoggy

Post by seadoggy » Wed 25 Jan, 2017 8:43 am

Certainly a prospect worth exploring a bit more, we sorely lack big outside backs, players with size that can take the pressure off Moses and Tedesco when they are running the ball, especially in the opposition's quarter.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Wed 25 Jan, 2017 9:47 am

At 100kg he has shown better application and would be a lot fitter/faster, so would be worthy of a shot.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Wed 25 Jan, 2017 10:35 am

no great lost, we have forwards that are quicker than him. maybe he was let go due to his and his brothers bad behaviour at a local football club.

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles » Wed 25 Jan, 2017 12:55 pm

To play a team sport you need to get along with the team.

Kip Drordy

Post by Kip Drordy » Fri 27 Jan, 2017 9:06 pm

Some other player movements that may be of interest. Mark McCormack was in the official Canberra squad photo so I'd assume he'll be with Mounties in NSW cup.
Tyler Cassell and Andy Figufusa both at Blacktown as well.
Mason Cerruto who left the tiges mid 2015 for Parra is now with the Panthers NSW cup

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 28 Jan, 2017 8:51 am

I like the look of what Blacktown Workers are doing.
Will defo be watching a few of their games this year.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.