Page 1 of 1

Re: Magpies to be 2018 ISP team?

Posted: Sun 31 Dec, 2017 10:09 am
by diedpretty
king sirro wrote:
Sat 30 Dec, 2017 1:03 pm
tiger_one wrote:
Sat 30 Dec, 2017 11:55 am
Is it too early to try and pick a starting ISP team?
Who is in our squad?
1.Gamble
2.Thompson
3.Tali
4.MWZ
5.Naqiama
6.Godinet
7.Marshall
13.Rochow
12.Marsters
11.MCK
10.Grant
9. McIllwrick
8. Felise

14.Sironen

Thats with my NRL team being

1.Lolo
2.Nofo
3.Suli
4.Milne
5.Fonua
6.Reynolds
7.Brooks
13.Eisenhuth
12.Aloiai
11.McQueen
10.Packer
9. Taylor
8. Twal

14.Matulino
15.Sue
16.Lawrence
17.Liddle
I'd have Gamble at 5/8 with either Thompson or Naqiama at FB and Heleta on the wing.

Re: Magpies to be 2018 ISP team?

Posted: Sun 31 Dec, 2017 11:42 am
by happy tiger
Geo. wrote:
Fri 02 Jun, 2017 11:20 am
What is the fuss about...

Pathways won't change one iota ...call them the Wests Magical Mysterious Unicorns ...the important part was Cleary's comment that coaching structure and philosophy down through the grades will mirror the NRL....

The funding will remain the same regardless ...the other good news is it will revert back to 3 games of footy for home games with the Under 20's and ISP playing on the same day as NRL...
Your new team name says more about you than we'd care to know thanks

Good to get 3 games on match days , especially on a Sunday , just like the old days , see the junior talent and hope you can clean up all three grades :sign:

Re: Magpies to be 2018 ISP team?

Posted: Sun 31 Dec, 2017 1:44 pm
by king sirro
diedpretty wrote:
Sun 31 Dec, 2017 10:09 am
king sirro wrote:
Sat 30 Dec, 2017 1:03 pm
tiger_one wrote:
Sat 30 Dec, 2017 11:55 am
Is it too early to try and pick a starting ISP team?
Who is in our squad?
1.Gamble
2.Thompson
3.Tali
4.MWZ
5.Naqiama
6.Godinet
7.Marshall
13.Rochow
12.Marsters
11.MCK
10.Grant
9. McIllwrick
8. Felise

14.Sironen

Thats with my NRL team being

1.Lolo
2.Nofo
3.Suli
4.Milne
5.Fonua
6.Reynolds
7.Brooks
13.Eisenhuth
12.Aloiai
11.McQueen
10.Packer
9. Taylor
8. Twal

14.Matulino
15.Sue
16.Lawrence
17.Liddle
I'd have Gamble at 5/8 with either Thompson or Naqiama at FB and Heleta on the wing.
I'd be happy enough that. Only put Gamble at 1 cos i like a fullback who can ball play.

Re: Magpies to be 2018 ISP team?

Posted: Sun 31 Dec, 2017 3:56 pm
by tiger_one
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 31 Dec, 2017 11:42 am
Geo. wrote:
Fri 02 Jun, 2017 11:20 am
What is the fuss about...
............................the important part was Cleary's comment that coaching structure and philosophy down through the grades will mirror the NRL....

The funding will remain the same regardless ...the other good news is it will revert back to 3 games of footy for home games with the Under 20's and ISP playing on the same day as NRL...

Good to get 3 games on match days , especially on a Sunday , just like the old days , see the junior talent and hope you can clean up all three grades :sign:
Love the 3 games on the day - about time common sense returned to footy arvos.

Re: Magpies to be 2018 ISP team?

Posted: Mon 01 Jan, 2018 8:15 am
by junior05
Apparently we've signed ex shark Nathan Gardner on a nsw cup contract.

Re: Magpies to be 2018 ISP team?

Posted: Mon 01 Jan, 2018 9:06 am
by GNR4LIFE
junior05 wrote:
Mon 01 Jan, 2018 8:15 am
Apparently we've signed ex shark Nathan Gardner on a nsw cup contract.
Interesting reading his wiki page, it said that it was announced on the 7th of October. I don’t remember that, nor has it ever been mentioned on the forum. Really don’t know what happened to this guy. Had a lot of talent when he played for the Sharks, scored some great try’s. Then fell off the face of the earth.

Re: Magpies to be 2018 ISP team?

Posted: Mon 01 Jan, 2018 11:10 pm
by Kip Drordy
Does anyone know who else is in the ISP squad. Website shows Heleta, Garner, Sironen and Tali. Gamble must be one. There should be about 10 more. Is there a list somewhere?

Re: Magpies to be 2018 ISP team?

Posted: Tue 02 Jan, 2018 7:31 am
by diedpretty
Kip Drordy wrote:
Mon 01 Jan, 2018 11:10 pm
Does anyone know who else is in the ISP squad. Website shows Heleta, Garner, Sironen and Tali. Gamble must be one. There should be about 10 more. Is there a list somewhere?
Gamble is in the top 30 squad - as will be a number of ISP players each week depending on injuries. Anyone in the top 30 can be selected for ISP if they miss out on NRL selection. However you would expect that there are more than 4 players on 2nd tier contracts.

Re: Magpies to be 2018 ISP team?

Posted: Wed 03 Jan, 2018 8:54 pm
by king sirro
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 01 Jan, 2018 9:06 am
junior05 wrote:
Mon 01 Jan, 2018 8:15 am
Apparently we've signed ex shark Nathan Gardner on a nsw cup contract.
Interesting reading his wiki page, it said that it was announced on the 7th of October. I don’t remember that, nor has it ever been mentioned on the forum. Really don’t know what happened to this guy. Had a lot of talent when he played for the Sharks, scored some great try’s. Then fell off the face of the earth.
Thats a good 2nd tier pickup.

Re: Magpies to be 2018 ISP team?

Posted: Thu 04 Jan, 2018 1:22 pm
by happy tiger
king sirro wrote:
Wed 03 Jan, 2018 8:54 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 01 Jan, 2018 9:06 am
junior05 wrote:
Mon 01 Jan, 2018 8:15 am
Apparently we've signed ex shark Nathan Gardner on a nsw cup contract.
Interesting reading his wiki page, it said that it was announced on the 7th of October. I don’t remember that, nor has it ever been mentioned on the forum. Really don’t know what happened to this guy. Had a lot of talent when he played for the Sharks, scored some great try’s. Then fell off the face of the earth.
Thats a good 2nd tier pickup.
Just a reminder to all he was one of the banned players involved in the ASADA scandal at the Sharks

Has speed and is a goal kicker , two things we need , could be a handy pick up if he finds 2011-2013 form

Re: Magpies to be 2018 ISP team?

Posted: Thu 04 Jan, 2018 5:11 pm
by innsaneink
Funny theres nothing official on him