Re: Magpies v Wyong live game thread

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 27 Mar, 2018 10:19 am

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 26 Mar, 2018 8:37 pm
Balmain Boy wrote:
Mon 26 Mar, 2018 10:44 am
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 26 Mar, 2018 10:21 am
This team really just needs a kick up the backside. They drift in and out of matches for large parts every week
That's reserve grade
Half of the team are first graders. We supposedly have depth. These players should be playing like they want to play first grade. At present they're not, so this translates to us in fact have little depth, and a top squad lean on quality.

I don't blame the likes of Tali or Siolo, they're nsw cup plodders filling in gaps. We should have someone better than Tali at left centre though. It's the weakest position in the entire squad.
You cant expect half a team thats experienced to cover for half thats not....it reserve grade for a reason, its not easy to play well with guys who wont get past reserve grade, they make reserve grader mistakes.
its a lot easier to play well in an elite rep team though, where every position is covered by the best in the business
You seem to be missing the point. This is the best nsw cup team we've ever had. We have great 'depth' this season, but if our supposed NRL quality depth players aren't busting a gut in ISP, and instead going through the motions then how much value is it really to us.

When 3/4 of your ISP side has NRL experience, often a substantial amount of it too, it's fair enough to have higher expectations. I'm not saying i expect zero errors, zero missed tackles or anything silly like that. But an applied effort for the vast majority of the match.

And for players hungry to earn their spot back in the NRL to go looking for the ball, trying to prove they can make a difference at a lower level. If you're not a game breaker playing against less experienced and quality opposition you're not going to get promoted unless you get lucky with a competitor getting injured.

I would expect Milne for example to come looking for the ball this weekend. Make more dummy half runs, support his forwards in the middle of the field. If the ball is never coming to him in the normal flow of the game, go get the ball!

I think you get the drift, though i am highly drugged up and wousy on painkillers at the moment

mtd

Post by mtd » Tue 27 Mar, 2018 10:07 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Mon 26 Mar, 2018 8:52 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 26 Mar, 2018 8:46 pm
Reading the first 3 live game reads for Magpies games, I feel like a lot of people are expecting an NRL quality game. Always reading comments saying how poor the standard is. That’s ISP.
No I expect NRL quality players to stand out and above the the poor standard that’s ISP.
They can stand out in patches but still only as good as the players around them