Dylan Smith

Wests Tigers State Cup Discussion
teddy23

Dylan Smith

Post by teddy23 » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 10:11 pm

Wanna see how this kid goes at fullback for the cup team, have followed him closely while he was at sharks and he looks to be the only shining bright in the 20s right now.... the bloke can also kick goals

Very talented player and could very well be the fullback we’re looking for in the future.....

Thoughts?

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 10:18 pm

Put him in ISP team so that we can have a look at him.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 10:25 pm

Watson Heleta would feel stiff already moved to the wing to accommodate Lolohea..

Smith is just a kid...talented yes but that is why there are development contracts...his opportunities will come...no need to rush him...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 2:24 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 12 Apr, 2018 10:25 pm
Watson Heleta would feel stiff already moved to the wing to accommodate Lolohea..

Smith is just a kid...talented yes but that is why there are development contracts...his opportunities will come...no need to rush him...
Watched the kid play, and you can tell the poor fella is getting frustrated the pack gets no rhythm and drop the ball constantly, he pushes hard and tries to support but is given nothing

Just wanna see him play behind a dominant pack like the Cup team to see how he goes, he’s young but NSW cup will be a good learning experience for him

willow

Post by willow » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 7:50 am

Well we signed him for 3 years so he's a work in progress. Injuries might see him get a run in ISP but otherwise Lolohea and Heleta are going to have a mortgage on the fullback spot for now.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 9:59 am

Heleta playing really good as is the entire Magpies team.

I managed to watch the last two weeks on Fox and both we very impressive outings

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 10:49 am

willow wrote:
Fri 13 Apr, 2018 7:50 am
Well we signed him for 3 years so he's a work in progress. Injuries might see him get a run in ISP but otherwise Lolohea and Heleta are going to have a mortgage on the fullback spot for now.
That's what I like about these new pathway deals and the abolition of the NYC. Kids are expected to develop more slowly.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 12:21 pm

In the end if he's killing it in flegg (as well as he can in a busted team) then he should get a shot in ISP later in the season. Heleta is a solid ISP player, improved a lot, but still unlikely to have much of a first grade career.

Smith's development opportunities shouldn't be held back by someone unlikely to play first grade. Harsh, but in the best interests of the club to shift Heleta to wing.

of course if Smith isn't at a level where he's close to Heleta's form then he takes his time in Flegg. No rush.

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 1:18 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Fri 13 Apr, 2018 12:21 pm
In the end if he's killing it in flegg (as well as he can in a busted team) then he should get a shot in ISP later in the season. Heleta is a solid ISP player, improved a lot, but still unlikely to have much of a first grade career.

Smith's development opportunities shouldn't be held back by someone unlikely to play first grade. Harsh, but in the best interests of the club to shift Heleta to wing.

of course if Smith isn't at a level where he's close to Heleta's form then he takes his time in Flegg. No rush.
X2 I just think you give him a go and if he shows promise keep him there if he struggles put him back to flegg and develop him no rush..

It's just sad to see the kid continue to push and given nothing by his team, put him with the best pack in Cup and see how he goes it's a great learning experience for him too.

Just wanna see the kid have a go and assess him properly

krayola

Post by krayola » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 1:30 pm

teddy23 wrote:
Fri 13 Apr, 2018 1:18 pm
Balmain Boy wrote:

X2 I just think you give him a go and if he shows promise keep him there if he struggles put him back to flegg and develop him no rush..

It's just sad to see the kid continue to push and given nothing by his team, put him with the best pack in Cup and see how he goes it's a great learning experience for him too.

He's played five games for the club, don't feel too sorry for him. It's very, very early days in his career with our club. There is no way after that little time and no obvious injuries that there is justification for him to be promoted.
One of my sources is Pascoe

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 1:39 pm

krayola wrote:
Fri 13 Apr, 2018 1:30 pm
teddy23 wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:

He's played five games for the club, don't feel too sorry for him. It's very, very early days in his career with our club. There is no way after that little time and no obvious injuries that there is justification for him to be promoted.
I don't feel sorry for him in regards to not being picked, I was referring to him being unable to really produce much as the ruck isn't being won and you can tell his eager to get the ball for when he follows his forwards and always supporting.

krayola

Post by krayola » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 9:16 pm

teddy23 wrote:
Fri 13 Apr, 2018 1:39 pm
krayola wrote:
Fri 13 Apr, 2018 1:30 pm
teddy23 wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:

I don't feel sorry for him in regards to not being picked, I was referring to him being unable to really produce much as the ruck isn't being won and you can tell his eager to get the ball for when he follows his forwards and always supporting.
My bad.
One of my sources is Pascoe

Wa Mag/Tig

Post by Wa Mag/Tig » Sat 14 Apr, 2018 1:39 pm

Watson Heleta is a star waiting to be born. Watching him for last two televised games and when he runs he seems to glide like he's got ice skates on. A very natural running motion and doesn't hold back. The bloke needs a shot a FG. I'm sure he won't disappoint. Not in top 30 squad but has stuck with us and i think if not this year maybe next year he gets his shot.