PLAYERS WE COULD BRING BACK

Wests Tigers State Cup Discussion
User avatar
shakey4d
Member
Member
Posts: 1075
Joined: Mon 16 Apr, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: PLAYERS WE COULD BRING BACK

Post by shakey4d » Sun 08 Jul, 2018 3:42 pm

Also just saw that Marion Seve is off to Storm.


User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28002
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 08 Jul, 2018 3:49 pm

Austin to Warrington

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28002
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 08 Jul, 2018 4:13 pm

Matt Lodge....

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 4919
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Sun 08 Jul, 2018 4:15 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 3:49 pm
Austin to Warrington
I can't believe he couldn't find an NRL team.

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39681
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 08 Jul, 2018 10:58 pm

1 Tedesco
2 Koroibete
3 Hitchcox
4 Seve
5 JAC
6 Moses
7 Miller
8 Fifita
9 TMM
10 Lodge
11 Sironen
12 Taupau
13 Brown

14 Woods
15 Blair
16 BMM
17 Ben Teo

18 Mr Taqele Naiyavaro (Union )
19 Rangi Chase

Makes you wonder , with the forwards we have let go or lost , could any side boast such a forward pack of players who have left ??


User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 7675
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 8:53 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 10:58 pm
1 Tedesco
2 Koroibete
3 Hitchcox
4 Seve
5 JAC
6 Moses
7 Miller
8 Fifita
9 TMM
10 Lodge
11 Sironen
12 Taupau
13 Brown

14 Woods
15 Blair
16 BMM
17 Ben Teo

18 Mr Taqele Naiyavaro (Union )
19 Rangi Chase

Makes you wonder , with the forwards we have let go or lost , could any side boast such a forward pack of players who have left ??
Good team.
Tmm is good.
#9 tho?
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
steve-o
Member
Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: North Carolina

Post by steve-o » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:21 am

gallagher wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 4:15 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 3:49 pm
Austin to Warrington
I can't believe he couldn't find an NRL team.
He’s a one trick pony - as long as you dont fall for his show-and-go, he’s easy to nullify. And his defence is awful. It doesn’t surprise me at all that no NRL club wanted him.
He will rip it up in England though - the faster game over there will suit him perfectly
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 7675
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:24 am

steve-o wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:21 am
gallagher wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 4:15 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 3:49 pm
Austin to Warrington
I can't believe he couldn't find an NRL team.
He’s a one trick pony - as long as you dont fall for his show-and-go, he’s easy to nullify. And his defence is awful. It doesn’t surprise me at all that no NRL club wanted him.
He will rip it up in England though - the faster game over there will suit him perfectly
Copy / paste same nonsense everyone says about him...
He's a gun, he's just down on form.

Man on steel in the UK for sure.

He was great for us but we backed the wrong horse with Moses.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
steve-o
Member
Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: North Carolina

Post by steve-o » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:26 am

Demps wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 8:53 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 10:58 pm
1 Tedesco
2 Koroibete
3 Hitchcox
4 Seve
5 JAC
6 Moses
7 Miller
8 Fifita
9 TMM
10 Lodge
11 Sironen
12 Taupau
13 Brown

14 Woods
15 Blair
16 BMM
17 Ben Teo

18 Mr Taqele Naiyavaro (Union )
19 Rangi Chase

Makes you wonder , with the forwards we have let go or lost , could any side boast such a forward pack of players who have left ??
Good team.
Tmm is good.
#9 tho?
The only forwards I’d take back are brown and Taupau. The rest are either DH’s (Lodge, Fifita, Teo) or cats (Woods, Sironen, Blair, BMM)
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

User avatar
steve-o
Member
Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: North Carolina

Post by steve-o » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:28 am

Demps wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:24 am
steve-o wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:21 am
gallagher wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 4:15 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 3:49 pm
Austin to Warrington
I can't believe he couldn't find an NRL team.
He’s a one trick pony - as long as you dont fall for his show-and-go, he’s easy to nullify. And his defence is awful. It doesn’t surprise me at all that no NRL club wanted him.
He will rip it up in England though - the faster game over there will suit him perfectly
Copy / paste same nonsense everyone says about him...
He's a gun, he's just down on form.

Man on steel in the UK for sure.

He was great for us but we backed the wrong horse with Moses.
Well he’s a gun without any NRL suitors. Raiders fans are happy to see the back of him. He was great for us no doubt, and he had an awesome first couple of years for the raiders. But he’s been found out the last two years in defence, and offered no creativity to canberra’s attack
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4529
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:33 am

steve-o wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:28 am
Demps wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:24 am
steve-o wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:21 am
gallagher wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 4:15 pm


I can't believe he couldn't find an NRL team.
He’s a one trick pony - as long as you dont fall for his show-and-go, he’s easy to nullify. And his defence is awful. It doesn’t surprise me at all that no NRL club wanted him.
He will rip it up in England though - the faster game over there will suit him perfectly
Copy / paste same nonsense everyone says about him...
He's a gun, he's just down on form.

Man on steel in the UK for sure.

He was great for us but we backed the wrong horse with Moses.
Well he’s a gun without any NRL suitors. Raiders fans are happy to see the back of him. He was great for us no doubt, and he had an awesome first couple of years for the raiders. But he’s been found out the last two years in defence, and offered no creativity to canberra’s attack
Dogs fell for the show and go a few times over the w/e though.

User avatar
steve-o
Member
Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: North Carolina

Post by steve-o » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:37 am

Indeed Russell. Austin’s try was so soft... I think it was Jackson that missed him.
That was a super 15 minutes from Austin. He deserved to be benched by Ricky though
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 7675
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:39 am

steve-o wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:28 am
Demps wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:24 am
steve-o wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:21 am
gallagher wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 4:15 pm


I can't believe he couldn't find an NRL team.
He’s a one trick pony - as long as you dont fall for his show-and-go, he’s easy to nullify. And his defence is awful. It doesn’t surprise me at all that no NRL club wanted him.
He will rip it up in England though - the faster game over there will suit him perfectly
Copy / paste same nonsense everyone says about him...
He's a gun, he's just down on form.

Man on steel in the UK for sure.

He was great for us but we backed the wrong horse with Moses.
Well he’s a gun without any NRL suitors. Raiders fans are happy to see the back of him. He was great for us no doubt, and he had an awesome first couple of years for the raiders. But he’s been found out the last two years in defence, and offered no creativity to canberra’s attack
A lot goes on behind the scenes.

I heard from reliable source that Parra made an offer but he didn't wanna join them because he doesn't like Ferguson or Moses nor does he want to be a part of that club.

So yeah, no suitors and he sucks.

But his career has been an odd one that's for sure.. I remember seeing him early days at Penrith and you'd think he had a massive future ahead of him, rep career awaiting and all but Penny did him no wonders trying to make him bulk up and play lock, etc... We wasted him and released him and his first few years at raiders were stand outs. He is definitely a "what if..." story, wish him the best tho.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
steve-o
Member
Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: North Carolina

Post by steve-o » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:43 am

I never said he sucked, just that you wouldn’t want him as your starting half in the NRL - at best #14. His ability to sniff out a try is awesome, but he’s the closest thing I’ve seen to a ball hog at NRL level.
I wish him all the best too, seems like a top bloke. And as I said, I think he’ll do well in England
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 7675
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:55 am

steve-o wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:43 am
I never said he sucked, just that you wouldn’t want him as your starting half in the NRL - at best #14. His ability to sniff out a try is awesome, but he’s the closest thing I’ve seen to a ball hog at NRL level.
I wish him all the best too, seems like a top bloke. And as I said, I think he’ll do well in England
Austin > Grub

Value for money wise.
Similar players but at least with Austin you'll get > 20 games a season on average.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
steve-o
Member
Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: North Carolina

Post by steve-o » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:56 am

Value for money agreed. We paid grub way too much. It was a panic signing
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 7675
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:00 am

steve-o wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:56 am
Value for money agreed. We paid grub way too much. It was a panic signing
Austins asking price is around the same....
However nobody is willing to pay it.
But at least he can put his jersey on without tearing a pec or popping his shoulder out.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
steve-o
Member
Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: North Carolina

Post by steve-o » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:30 am

Demps wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:00 am
steve-o wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:56 am
Value for money agreed. We paid grub way too much. It was a panic signing
Austins asking price is around the same....
However nobody is willing to pay it.
But at least he can put his jersey on without tearing a pec or popping his shoulder out.
$750k pa? No wonder he’s off to England! That’s insane money
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

Post Reply