ISP Team Announcement: Round 19

Wests Tigers State Cup Discussion
Geo.

Re: ISP Team Announcement: Round 19

Post by Geo. » Mon 23 Jul, 2018 10:49 am

Stats lololo
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 23 Jul, 2018 11:29 am

razor7 wrote:
Mon 23 Jul, 2018 9:48 am
Very soft forwards although Oliver Clark defends strongly and ran well while he was on. He has size and youth on his side. McQueen and Rochow are finished. Heleta always plays well. Robson runs hard but has poor reads in defence. He's a winger in my view. Young Price tried hard on the wing and McIntyre looked ok . Gamble makes some
errors but he plays for 80 minutes and at least tries things. His kicks were mostly fine but no one chased them. he runs and passes well but needs to improve his defence. I'd keep him at this stage. The forwards are woeful.
It's funny i thought Clark was one of our worst. Made about 5 hitups for 30 odd metres in his first stint. Then only came on for the last 15. Looks to be quite unfit as he hasn't played more than 40 mins all season, only got 30 on the weekend despite our middles getting smashed. Maybe says something of what Hodgo thinks about him! He tackles ok but so far looks a far inferior player to Felise who couldn't get a look in at first grade yet consistently made 140m, 25 tackles and a few busts and offloads a game. Maybe training wasn't his specialty.

Robson is a quality utility but he's no winger unless a mid game emergency reshuffle is needed. Not fast enough and he needs to get his hands on the ball more. I'd see him as a hooker/back row/centre.

McQueen made some metres because Gamble put him through a gap so he ran 60m in one go.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 23 Jul, 2018 11:47 am

Because you have already made your mind up on Clark BB...

He made M aftet contact better than the other pillows and actually stopped blokes with defence...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 23 Jul, 2018 12:16 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 23 Jul, 2018 11:47 am
Because you have already made your mind up on Clark BB...

He made M aftet contact better than the other pillows and actually stopped blokes with defence...
No, i haven't made up my mind, I make decisions based on the information available to me. His form so far. I'll wait until 10 rounds into next season before I say whether he's got it or not, the evidence so far suggests he hasn't but give him the off season and see how he goes. At this stage i'd have Mikaele in front of him.

He was our poorest prop on the weekend. Epere, Ratu and Grant all had more impact. Epere and Ratu both made more post contact metres than Clark. Clark's inability to play meaningful minutes is a concern.

All of our forwards missed tackles in the middle of the field.

razor7

Post by razor7 » Mon 23 Jul, 2018 7:46 pm

I must have watched a different game BB. Epere and Ratu have zero potential to play first grade. They are run of the mill Ron Massey players. Agree on Clarks low minutes but I thought he was good when he was on . The stats back that up.I reckon a full pre season will show whether Clarks got it or not. I think there is potential there

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 23 Jul, 2018 8:25 pm

Anyone see symmetry in Clark arriving just prior to 30 June this year and Twal the previous year? And being from the Panthers, do you think IC is not ware of Clark's potential?

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 23 Jul, 2018 10:40 pm

Clarke is solid.
Looks good for the future.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 24 Jul, 2018 10:39 am

Look Clark is solid, but i'm not sure he would add anything we don't already have in first grade. We already have a bunch of solid players.

Mikaele has the potential to be a bit more of a game breaker for us, but he tried too hard when he was promoted to ISP earlier in the year, making a number of mistakes.

With a full off season behind them (hopefully no surgeries needed) we'll see how they are in 2019.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Tue 24 Jul, 2018 10:56 am

We may not have the same squad of players and even those we have may play different roles next year, especially in the forwards. I don't believe he will be costing us greatly and the upside is his rate of improvement. Surely a quick look at Twal's promotion will inspire him to work much harder to bridge the gap. Props are in short supply and he may turn out to be a good buy,