ISP Team Announcement: Round 20

Wests Tigers State Cup Discussion
User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33162
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Re: ISP Team Announcement: Round 20

Post by willow » Sat 28 Jul, 2018 10:00 pm

Magpies fight back to down Sea Eagles
Author Dan Talintyre Timestamp Sat 28 Jul 2018, 02:19 PM

A stirring second half comeback from the Western Suburbs Magpies has seen them down the Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles 32-26 on Saturday afternoon at Lottoland.

Trailing by 12 points in the second half and on the verge of a fourth straight defeat, the Magpies clicked in to gear with some stirring defensive pressure to put them on the attack, and it was the class of Jacob Liddle, Pita Godinet and Tyson Gamble in the spine that got the visitors home in the end.

The win sees Western Suburbs back in the hunt for a top four finish in the Intrust Super Premiership competition, with tough away trips in the next fortnight against the Panthers (1st) and Mounties (2nd).

In an entertaining opening 20 minutes that only failed to produce any points, it was the visitors who eventually opened the scoring after 25 minutes as Liddle broke away from inside his own half to send Godinet over under the posts. Off the back of that try, the game would suddenly come to life, with Blacktown Workers also finding their feet in attack — Tevita Funa and Tom Wright breaking the Magpies open on a number of occasions to put the home side back in the lead heading in to half-time.

Wright, in particular, was causing the right edge defence of the Magpies all sorts of problems with his quick feet, and the visitors were somewhat fortunate to head in to the half-time break only down by six.

The fleet-footed Sea Eagles playmaker would continue his good form early in the second half as he collected an intercept from Jonathan Wright to burn the cover defence and score untouched — giving the home side an 18-6 lead that was well-deserved for their dominance in the match so far.

However, the visitors weren't going away, and off the back of Godinet's second try in the match, began to claw their way back in to the contest with several strong turnover tackles in defence.

Gamble would be awarded a somewhat fortuitous four-pointer in the 52nd minute to level the match, but there would be nothing controversial about the following 15-minute spell from Western Suburbs, with Liddle again starring as his side began to run away with the contest at Lottoland.

The young gun hooker would catch the defence out in the 58th minute to put the Magpies back in front, before again breaking the line to allow Malakai Watene-Zelezniak to crash his way over soon after.

Blacktown tried desperately to stay with the Magpies, but when Harry O'Toole collected a kick from Funa and raced over 100 metres to score at the other end of the field, it was all over bar the shouting.

Vai Toutai would crash over late for the Sea Eagles after a clever pass from Jade Anderson before Folau grabbed his second in the dying moments of the game, but their efforts would be nothing more than a consolation prize for the disappointed home side as the full-time sounded at Lottoland.

Western Suburbs will take on the top-of-the-table Panthers next Sunday at Penrith in a match that will have huge bearings on the final make up of the regular season ladder with just four games left in the year.

Western Suburbs 32 (Godinet 2, Gamble, Liddle, Watene-Zelezniak, O'Toole tries; Gamble 1/1, Godinet 3/4, Aldridge 0/1 goals) def. Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles 26 (Folau 2, J.Wright, T.Wright, Toutai tries; Funa 3/5 goals) at Lottoland


magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3247
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Sat 28 Jul, 2018 10:33 pm

coivtny wrote:
Sat 28 Jul, 2018 1:30 pm
IMO the only player remotely close to first grade in our ISP team is Liddle. The other 'name' players such as Gamble, Godinet and Rochow are barely ISP standard.
What a good judge you are.

:roll :roll

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3247
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Sat 28 Jul, 2018 10:35 pm

Demps wrote:
Thu 26 Jul, 2018 7:34 pm
GoldXR50Leroy wrote:
Thu 26 Jul, 2018 7:15 pm
magpiesteve wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 12:16 pm
Where is Lolohea - nothing to indicate he is injured.
Something to do with his cardio, apparently has been diagnosed with an unforseen heart complaint.
Lol. He's a flop.

Can't see em winning this game.
Another good judge.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41509
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Sat 28 Jul, 2018 11:01 pm

Is Liddle ready for a run in NRL yet ??

73 tackles last week and sounds like he played well again

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3015
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sat 28 Jul, 2018 11:38 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 28 Jul, 2018 11:01 pm
Is Liddle ready for a run in NRL yet ??

73 tackles last week and sounds like he played well again
He had last week off after the 73 tackle game didn't he?


User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8404
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sun 29 Jul, 2018 7:15 am

magpiecol wrote:
Sat 28 Jul, 2018 10:35 pm
Demps wrote:
Thu 26 Jul, 2018 7:34 pm
GoldXR50Leroy wrote:
Thu 26 Jul, 2018 7:15 pm
magpiesteve wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 12:16 pm
Where is Lolohea - nothing to indicate he is injured.
Something to do with his cardio, apparently has been diagnosed with an unforseen heart complaint.
Lol. He's a flop.

Can't see em winning this game.
Another good judge.
😂 Oh, a "I told u so" guy.
The team sucks and going on the past few weeks im sure majority had them pencilled in for a loss..

I'm sorry I am not an expert guesser like u.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8404
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sun 29 Jul, 2018 7:16 am

magpiecol wrote:
Sat 28 Jul, 2018 10:33 pm
coivtny wrote:
Sat 28 Jul, 2018 1:30 pm
IMO the only player remotely close to first grade in our ISP team is Liddle. The other 'name' players such as Gamble, Godinet and Rochow are barely ISP standard.
What a good judge you are.

:roll :roll
Clearly....
His comments are true.

Win won game and u reckon they're ready for grade?
Insanity.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri 28 Apr, 2017 9:18 am
Location: Central Coast

Post by coivtny » Sun 29 Jul, 2018 9:16 am

magpiecol wrote:
Sat 28 Jul, 2018 10:33 pm
coivtny wrote:
Sat 28 Jul, 2018 1:30 pm
IMO the only player remotely close to first grade in our ISP team is Liddle. The other 'name' players such as Gamble, Godinet and Rochow are barely ISP standard.
What a good judge you are.

:roll :roll
I'm not sure of the point of your comment. Are you just taking the opportunity to show your towering wit through sarcasm or do you genuinely disagree? If you genuinely disagree, where do you disagree? Other than Liddle, which ISP player do you see as ready for first grade?

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41509
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Sun 29 Jul, 2018 9:20 am

coivtny wrote:
Sun 29 Jul, 2018 9:16 am
magpiecol wrote:
Sat 28 Jul, 2018 10:33 pm
coivtny wrote:
Sat 28 Jul, 2018 1:30 pm
IMO the only player remotely close to first grade in our ISP team is Liddle. The other 'name' players such as Gamble, Godinet and Rochow are barely ISP standard.
What a good judge you are.

:roll :roll
I'm not sure of the point of your comment. Are you just taking the opportunity to show your towering wit through sarcasm or do you genuinely disagree? If you genuinely disagree, where do you disagree? Other than Liddle, which ISP player do you see as ready for first grade?
Don't worry Coivtny

Col doesn't know the point of his comment

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 3268
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 29 Jul, 2018 9:22 am

Anyone who was at the match, can you advise how young Seyfarth went? I think he is the sole remaining member of the Balmain SG Ball team which included Douelhi and Suli

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29897
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 29 Jul, 2018 9:24 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 28 Jul, 2018 11:01 pm
Is Liddle ready for a run in NRL yet ??

73 tackles last week and sounds like he played well again
:shock: Liddle was i'll last week...

He destroyed Blactown yesterday,,

1 try
1 try assist
4 linebreaks
11 runs for 135 metres
3 tackle breaks
25 tackles
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29897
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 29 Jul, 2018 9:25 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sun 29 Jul, 2018 9:22 am
Anyone who was at the match, can you advise how young Seyfarth went? I think he is the sole remaining member of the Balmain SG Ball team which included Douelhi and Suli
Played well...looks to have put on some size..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41509
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Sun 29 Jul, 2018 9:26 am

Geo. wrote:
Sun 29 Jul, 2018 9:24 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 28 Jul, 2018 11:01 pm
Is Liddle ready for a run in NRL yet ??

73 tackles last week and sounds like he played well again
:shock: Liddle was i'll last week...

He destroyed Blactown yesterday,,

1 try
1 try assist
4 linebreaks
11 runs for 135 metres
3 tackle breaks
25 tackles
Last week =last game :brick: :brick: :brick:

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29897
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 29 Jul, 2018 9:31 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 29 Jul, 2018 9:26 am
Geo. wrote:
Sun 29 Jul, 2018 9:24 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 28 Jul, 2018 11:01 pm
Is Liddle ready for a run in NRL yet ??

73 tackles last week and sounds like he played well again
:shock: Liddle was i'll last week...

He destroyed Blactown yesterday,,

1 try
1 try assist
4 linebreaks
11 runs for 135 metres
3 tackle breaks
25 tackles
Last week =last game :brick: :brick: :brick:
:shock: :shock: :? Last Game=Yesterday
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8404
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sun 29 Jul, 2018 9:35 am

coivtny wrote:
Sun 29 Jul, 2018 9:16 am
magpiecol wrote:
Sat 28 Jul, 2018 10:33 pm
coivtny wrote:
Sat 28 Jul, 2018 1:30 pm
IMO the only player remotely close to first grade in our ISP team is Liddle. The other 'name' players such as Gamble, Godinet and Rochow are barely ISP standard.
What a good judge you are.

:roll :roll
I'm not sure of the point of your comment. Are you just taking the opportunity to show your towering wit through sarcasm or do you genuinely disagree? If you genuinely disagree, where do you disagree? Other than Liddle, which ISP player do you see as ready for first grade?
Disregard lol....
You're spot on.

Team is all duds.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41509
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Sun 29 Jul, 2018 9:37 am

Geo. wrote:
Sun 29 Jul, 2018 9:31 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 29 Jul, 2018 9:26 am
Geo. wrote:
Sun 29 Jul, 2018 9:24 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 28 Jul, 2018 11:01 pm
Is Liddle ready for a run in NRL yet ??

73 tackles last week and sounds like he played well again
:shock: Liddle was i'll last week...

He destroyed Blactown yesterday,,

1 try
1 try assist
4 linebreaks
11 runs for 135 metres
3 tackle breaks
25 tackles
Last week =last game :brick: :brick: :brick:
:shock: :shock: :? Last Game=Yesterday
The last game before the last game , that last game , get with the program will you

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29897
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 29 Jul, 2018 9:46 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 29 Jul, 2018 9:37 am
Geo. wrote:
Sun 29 Jul, 2018 9:31 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 29 Jul, 2018 9:26 am
Geo. wrote:
Sun 29 Jul, 2018 9:24 am


:shock: Liddle was i'll last week...

He destroyed Blactown yesterday,,

1 try
1 try assist
4 linebreaks
11 runs for 135 metres
3 tackle breaks
25 tackles
Last week =last game :brick: :brick: :brick:
:shock: :shock: :? Last Game=Yesterday
The last game before the last game , that last game , get with the program will you
Toad translator is on the fritz..

But anyhow Liddle has been playing very well in ISP as you would expect...a class above..evident in the teams performance when he was out last week...

He has now played 5 80min games bar about 4 mins yesterday..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41509
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Sun 29 Jul, 2018 9:51 am

Sounds like he might be very close to be ready for a return to the NRL side then ??

Or has Cleary decided that he will stay here until 2019 ??

Post Reply