ISP Team Announcement: Round 24

Wests Tigers State Cup Discussion
User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32951
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

ISP Team Announcement: Round 24

Post by willow » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 5:06 pm

ISP Team Announcement: Round 24
Author Dan Talintyre Timestamp Tue 21 Aug 2018, 03:57 PM

Western Suburbs Magpies Intrust Super Premiership Coach Brett Hodgson has named his side to take on the Newtown Jets for their Round 24 clash this Saturday.

Kickoff for the match is at 1:00pm AEST from Henson Park, with live coverage via Channel 9.

Currently sitting in fifth spot on the Intrust Super Premiership ladder ahead of the final game of the regular season, a win for the Magpies on Saturday against the third-placed Jets would see them finish the year inside the top four — earning a potential week off and a crucial second chance — while a loss would see them likely remain in fifth or drop down to sixth, depending on other results over the weekend.

After back-to-back one-point wins, Hodgson has named a strong side to take on the Jets with NRL squad members Tyson Gamble, Tuimoala Lolohea, Pita Godinet, Chris McQueen and Robbie Rochow named.

Tim Grant has also been included as he makes his return from a knee injury in a huge boost for the side, while a number of Jersey Flegg-eligible players have been named — five in total from the 19-man team.

Final team lists for this week's Intrust Super Premiership clash will be confirmed one hour prior to kickoff.



WESTERN SUBURBS MAGPIES
1. Dylan Smith
2. Harry O'Toole
3. Braden Robson (capt.)
4. Sam McIntyre
5. Lucas Price
6. Tyson Gamble
7. Tuimoala Lolohea
8. Joseph Ratu
9. Pita Godinet
10. Cowen Epere
11. Chris McQueen
12. Robbie Rochow
13. Thomas Mikaele

Interchange:
14. Bayley Sironen
15. Alex Seyfarth
16. Ben Seufale
17. Tim Grant
18. Connelly Lemuelu
19. Kurt Aldridge

Coach: Brett Hodgson


User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 1890
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 5:09 pm

Really need to win this game if they want any chance in the finals. This team looked guns at the start of the year but have lost a lot of players.

FOD001
Member
Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue 15 Aug, 2017 2:49 pm

Post by FOD001 » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 6:43 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 5:09 pm
Really need to win this game if they want any chance in the finals. This team looked guns at the start of the year but have lost a lot of players.
Once you make the finals it’s a new competition. A top 4 gives you a second chance but realistically every game is a gf. I think Manly fell into 8th and won

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 1819
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 6:54 pm

Theyve hung in there ok this year but really need to win this one.
Its an opinion!

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2712
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 7:00 pm

Are Mahe, Garner and Liddle able to play the ISP finals?
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.


GoldXR50Leroy
Member
Member
Posts: 1857
Joined: Tue 31 May, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Tue 21 Aug, 2018 7:19 pm

Garner & Liddle yeah but Fonua has played the Majority of the year in the NRL.

RoxleyBird
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by RoxleyBird » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 5:15 pm

Do what Rhyse Martin did :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:sign:
I BLEED BLACK AND ORANGE
TIGERS 'TIL I DIE

RoxleyBird
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed 22 Aug, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by RoxleyBird » Wed 22 Aug, 2018 5:28 pm

It was quite smart what he did tho
:sign:
:sign:
I BLEED BLACK AND ORANGE
TIGERS 'TIL I DIE

WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 3647
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 11:55 am

Final team
1. Dylan Smith
2. Harrison O'Toole
11. Chris McQueen
4. Sam McIntyre
18. Connelly Lemuelu
6. Tyson Gamble
7. Tui Lolohea
8. Joe Ratu
9. Pita Godinet
10. Cowen Epere
11. Robbie Rochow
24. Luke Garner (c)
15. Alex Seyfarth

13. Tom Mikaele
14. Bayley Sironen
17. Tim Grant
19. Kurt Aldridge
No more plodders!
:sign:

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8119
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 11:58 am

WT2K wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 11:55 am
Final team
1. Dylan Smith
2. Harrison O'Toole
11. Chris McQueen
4. Sam McIntyre
18. Connelly Lemuelu
6. Tyson Gamble
7. Tui Lolohea
8. Joe Ratu
9. Pita Godinet
10. Cowen Epere
11. Robbie Rochow
24. Luke Garner (c)
15. Alex Seyfarth

13. Tom Mikaele
14. Bayley Sironen
17. Tim Grant
19. Kurt Aldridge
Tui sucks.

Big game from Garner hopefully.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5412
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 12:05 pm

RoxleyBird wrote:
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 5:28 pm
It was quite smart what he did tho
:sign:
:sign:
What did Rhys Martin do?

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8119
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 12:07 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 12:05 pm
RoxleyBird wrote:
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 5:28 pm
It was quite smart what he did tho
:sign:
:sign:
What did Rhys Martin do?
Lined up for ISC.
Walked on field for ten seconds then walked off....

Didn't play the game but made a brief appearance.

Thus making him eligible for ISC finals.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 3647
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 12:08 pm

Flanno's son not playing. Making NRL debut tomorrow.
No more plodders!
:sign:

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5412
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 12:11 pm

Thanks for the info Demps.

Not really in the spirit of the comp though IMO. Hope it backfires on the Dogs somehow.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40477
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 12:14 pm

Demps wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 12:07 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 12:05 pm
RoxleyBird wrote:
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 5:28 pm
It was quite smart what he did tho
:sign:
:sign:
What did Rhys Martin do?
Lined up for ISC.
Walked on field for ten seconds then walked off....

Didn't play the game but made a brief appearance.

Thus making him eligible for ISC finals.
Many teams have done similar over the years

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5412
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 12:16 pm

WT2K wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 12:08 pm
Flanno's son not playing. Making NRL debut tomorrow.
Scotty Fulton 2.0
Is he any good or just getting a gig because his old man's the coach? Like Fulton jnr.

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5412
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 12:19 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 12:14 pm
Demps wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 12:07 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 12:05 pm
RoxleyBird wrote:
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 5:28 pm
It was quite smart what he did tho
:sign:
:sign:
What did Rhys Martin do?
Lined up for ISC.
Walked on field for ten seconds then walked off....

Didn't play the game but made a brief appearance.

Thus making him eligible for ISC finals.
Many teams have done similar over the years
No doubt. But it makes a joke of ISC I reckon. Perhaps a minimum of 40 minutes needs to be played for that game to count towards ISC eligibility, that would be a better policy.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40477
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 12:34 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 12:19 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 12:14 pm
Demps wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 12:07 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 12:05 pm


What did Rhys Martin do?
Lined up for ISC.
Walked on field for ten seconds then walked off....

Didn't play the game but made a brief appearance.

Thus making him eligible for ISC finals.
Many teams have done similar over the years
No doubt. But it makes a joke of ISC I reckon. Perhaps a minimum of 40 minutes needs to be played for that game to count towards ISC eligibility, that would be a better policy.
And then you'll have them faking injuries .....can't win , blames clubs coaches and players ....always trying to cheat the rules

Post Reply