P. C HAS TAKEN OVER

Wests Tigers State Cup Discussion
tsjonathan

Re: P. C HAS TAKEN OVER

Post by tsjonathan » Sun 09 Sep, 2018 6:44 pm

I'm all for equality but it sort of seems like women are following men's sports when they could be pioneering in other aspects of sport. Indriectly isn't following in men's footsteps conformity? Maybe im completely wrong. I just remember Mary Wollstoncraft saying something along the lines of "I do not wish women to follow men and have power over men; but over themselves."Seems like a good thing for league i suppose.
Last edited by tsjonathan on Sun 09 Sep, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 09 Sep, 2018 6:47 pm

tsjonathan wrote:
Sun 09 Sep, 2018 6:44 pm
I'm all for equality but it sort of seems like women are following men's sports. Maybe im completely wrong. I just remember Mary Wollstoncraft saying something along the lines of "I do not wish women to follow men and have power over men; but over themselves."Seems like a good thing for league i suppose.
Wollo must have been a Prodo because they endorse the Biblical line that women cannot preach to men.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Sun 09 Sep, 2018 6:51 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 09 Sep, 2018 6:47 pm
tsjonathan wrote:
I'm all for equality but it sort of seems like women are following men's sports. Maybe im completely wrong. I just remember Mary Wollstoncraft saying something along the lines of "I do not wish women to follow men and have power over men; but over themselves."Seems like a good thing for league i suppose.
Wollo must have been a Prodo because they endorse the Biblical line that women cannot preach to men.
yeah, i'm not sure man

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 09 Sep, 2018 8:38 pm

There should be a jelly wrestling segment imo...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 09 Sep, 2018 8:57 pm

Saw a wedgie yesterdays game and the sweet young thang took a while to disengage her shorts so to speakImage

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 8:08 am

The girls hit harder than the blokes. To be fair the games I saw looked to flow better than the usual five hit ups and kick.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Abraham

Post by Abraham » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 8:13 am

Still feels weird watching women belt each other on the field, same goes for UFC, boxing, and other contact sports where women are trying to prove they can do what men do.

I still like my women feminine.

Post by 2041 » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 8:16 am

tsjonathan wrote:
I'm all for equality but it sort of seems like women are following men's sports when they could be pioneering in other aspects of sport. Indriectly isn't following in men's footsteps conformity? Maybe im completely wrong. I just remember Mary Wollstoncraft saying something along the lines of "I do not wish women to follow men and have power over men; but over themselves."Seems like a good thing for league i suppose.
Are you saying they ought to invent entirely new sports? That seems a bit weird, like saying "I'm all for equality but instead of trying to write novels wouldn't women be better pioneering other aspects of distributed storytelling."

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 9:25 am

2041 wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 8:16 am
tsjonathan wrote:
Are you saying they ought to invent entirely new sports? That seems a bit weird, like saying "I'm all for equality but instead of trying to write novels wouldn't women be better pioneering other aspects of distributed storytelling."
I guess i'm just musing. But my comment does allude to that which doesn't really make sense. All i'm advocating/thinking is women to pursue what they want and not to follow men. Netball as a small example.

Post by 2041 » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 9:56 am

tsjonathan wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 9:25 am
2041 wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:
I guess i'm just musing. But my comment does allude to that which doesn't really make sense. All i'm advocating/thinking is women to pursue what they want and not to follow men. Netball as a small example.
I'm prepared to make a decent sized wager that all the players in the WNRL want to play rugby league.

Sorry, I don't mean to nitpick. But there are only a few ways to interpret what you're saying. Either women shouldn't be allowed to do something men do (which I don't for a second believe is what you mean) or they shouldn't want to do so. But clearly they do want to, as evidenced by the fact that they are - I mean, no-one's forcing women to play rugby league, are they? (far from it, in fact).

So if they want to do it and - as I'm sure you'd agree - no-one has any right to stop them, there really can't be an issue can there?

cochise

Post by cochise » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 10:14 am

tsjonathan wrote:
2041 wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:
I'm sure that post hasn't come across as the way you intended it, because if you really believe that women should only want to play their own sports then that is incredibly sexist. It would be the same as saying black people should only want to compete in their own sports. Its as if you are trying to give a gender ownership to sport. i'm not saying you are sexist or anything, just pointing out how your post could be taken.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 10:52 am

What I do like about the women's game is it's played at a slower pace and with less pure power/speed than men's, so it shows a different side to league.

I don't know if that makes sense, but because the players move about with less pure speed, there's a longer development of the play, so you can see the technique and the strategy unfold more slowly.

It's sort of like the transition from wooden tennis racquets to the metal ones, so the game shifted to be less about careful technique and craft to more about power and hitting lines. That's what I see in women's vs men's NRL.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 12:03 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 10:52 am
What I do like about the women's game is it's played at a slower pace and with less pure power/speed than men's, so it shows a different side to league.

I don't know if that makes sense, but because the players move about with less pure speed, there's a longer development of the play, so you can see the technique and the strategy unfold more slowly.

It's sort of like the transition from wooden tennis racquets to the metal ones, so the game shifted to be less about careful technique and craft to more about power and hitting lines. That's what I see in women's vs men's NRL.
Same reason I often prefer the women's soccer. (Plus they don't carry on like pork chops)
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 12:04 pm

cochise wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 10:14 am
tsjonathan wrote:
2041 wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:
I'm sure that post hasn't come across as the way you intended it, because if you really believe that women should only want to play their own sports then that is incredibly sexist. It would be the same as saying black people should only want to compete in their own sports. Its as if you are trying to give a gender ownership to sport. i'm not saying you are sexist or anything, just pointing out how your post could be taken.
I understand your point and i agree. As i mentioned just a thought that came to my mind. I could be completely wrong but i think you understand what i'm trying to say too. i think im repeating myself now but i think gender is separate to racial equality in the sense that we are physiologically different.

I guess my point is we don't need to be equal per se in everything because we are different too
Last edited by tsjonathan on Mon 10 Sep, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 12:07 pm

2041 wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 9:56 am
tsjonathan wrote:
2041 wrote:
tsjonathan wrote:
I'm prepared to make a decent sized wager that all the players in the WNRL want to play rugby league.

Sorry, I don't mean to nitpick. But there are only a few ways to interpret what you're saying. Either women shouldn't be allowed to do something men do (which I don't for a second believe is what you mean) or they shouldn't want to do so. But clearly they do want to, as evidenced by the fact that they are - I mean, no-one's forcing women to play rugby league, are they? (far from it, in fact).

So if they want to do it and - as I'm sure you'd agree - no-one has any right to stop them, there really can't be an issue can there?
of course, no one can disagree with that.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 12:09 pm

When viewing female in heavy contact sports I still consider them as potential mothers and so prefer it did not happen but love watching them.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

barra

Post by barra » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 12:36 pm

Masterton wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 12:03 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 10:52 am

Same reason I often prefer the women's soccer. (Plus they don't carry on like pork chops)
Yes, agree totally with these two points!

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Mon 10 Sep, 2018 1:44 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 10 Sep, 2018 12:09 pm
When viewing female in heavy contact sports I still consider them as potential mothers and so prefer it did not happen but love watching them.
They go through child birth. I think they'll be fine.