THE MYTH OF MARION SEVE

Wests Tigers State Cup Discussion
Demps

THE MYTH OF MARION SEVE

Post by Demps » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 5:59 pm

He was talked up as the next big thing on here.
The centre we always wanted and needed....

Then he disappeared to Broncos feeder club and didn't make grade. Q cup player, still showing potential. Picked up by the storm.

Is there any inside info on why he didn't really get a look at the tigers? Attitude problems? He is a talented player and is getting on... Any one reckon he'll play first grade for the storm?

Discuss.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 6:27 pm

Injury aside their 2-5 will be Addo-Carr, Scott, Chambers and Vunivalu. Depth is then probably Cheyse Blair and Justin Olam before Seve gets a look in. He had some big games in Q Cup last year and Melbourne signed him for 2 years so they must see something. I wouldn’t write him off yet, I think he’ll play first grade before his career is over.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 6:28 pm

I think it was just a case of the fans desperately wanting a good young centre to come through the ranks. Seve showed a little as a youngster but perhaps it was more us talking him up than him actually being a great young player.
Its an opinion!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 6:34 pm

Demps wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 5:59 pm
He was talked up as the next big thing on here.
The centre we always wanted and needed....

Then he disappeared to Broncos feeder club and didn't make grade. Q cup player, still showing potential. Picked up by the storm.

Is there any inside info on why he didn't really get a look at the tigers? Attitude problems? He is a talented player and is getting on... Any one reckon he'll play first grade for the storm?

Discuss.
Wanted to go home to be close to his family...wasn't then in Unca's good books..played well for Easts Tigers when he moved there...has the talent to play NRL..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

tiger_one

Post by tiger_one » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 7:08 pm

Seve played many good games as a centre for the Wests Tigers Under 20s.
I was disappointed when he signed with the Bronx.
Expected him to kick on.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 7:16 pm

I just don't understand it, he had the Dean Collis handbook and everything.

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 7:32 pm

tiger_one wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 7:08 pm
Expected him to kick on.
The Broncos have the best depth in the comp so it was always a hard ask for him to get a crack there...... Melb too rly.

Just surprising we didn't try to fast track him and secure him when he appears the exact player we needed at the time and probably still to this day.

Shame Simona let us all down.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

willow

Post by willow » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 8:27 pm

I watched him play a few games in the NYC and never saw the hype in him to be honest.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 8:31 pm

When he came down there was an interview with his junior maroons coach who said he was the best young player he'd seen since Israel Folau.

Looked very promising early on, then for some reason they moved him to the wing and he never looked comfortable. Was always a bit on the small side, however if hes at his third club and still not near first grade then hes probably just not up to it.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 9:29 pm

willow wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 8:27 pm
I watched him play a few games in the NYC and never saw the hype in him to be honest.
Yes as is often the case with so many successful youngsters Seve just could not transition into a successful reserve grade Centre let alone the Permament firsts player.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 9:50 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 9:29 pm
willow wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 8:27 pm
Yes as is often the case with so many successful youngsters Seve just could not transition into a successful reserve grade Centre let alone the Permament firsts player.
As I understand the hype came from the Schoolboys carnival where Seve and Sione Mata'utia were the standout talents.

Sione then played for Australia a year or two later and the expectations of that group were increased. But Seve never kicked on further and frankly Sione is a fairly stock first grader - 100 or so games, but not getting near top rep teams since 2014.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 9:57 pm

Sorry . That could have been me.,
I saw his step and pace and thought he had SOO written all over him
in Ivan we distrust

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 13 Nov, 2018 11:23 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 9:57 pm
Sorry . That could have been me.,
I saw his step and pace and thought he had SOO written all over him
I'm not saying he's another derailed hype train like T. Gamble.
Just another one of those big wraps 20 players like Matt Woods that we didn't try to hang on to and hasn't made an impact in first grade either - much like Funiki, Leolevave, Begovich, etc.
#Unbeatable

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 12:24 am

Well I guess this one's for me

Marion was from Ipswich and a mate from school and rep footy teams is the Colts coach and assistant coach to the Walker brothers at the Ipswich Jets

He had some dealings with him at some junior coaching clinics and said he had some potential and might crack it at NRL level

I passed his comments on to the Forum , so I'm probably to blame

This is the same bloke that gave me the "beast" description for Thomas Mikaele who when I asked about his Seve comments put Mikaele on another level again from Seve

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 12:33 am

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 12:24 am

Marion was from Ipswich and a mate from school and rep footy teams is the Colts coach and assistant coach to the Walker brothers at the Ipswich Jets

He had some dealings with him at some junior coaching clinics and said he had some potential and might crack it at NRL level

This is the same bloke that gave me the "beast" description for Thomas Mikaele who when I asked about his Seve comments put Mikaele on another level again from Seve
Don't be too hard on yourself..there is always Nathan 'Renouf' Milone..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 12:39 am

Geo. wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 12:33 am
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 12:24 am

Don't be too hard on yourself..there is always Nathan 'Renouf' Milone..
Nathan a slow burner , he will catch on somewhere :lol:

Yeah went off half cocked on that one , one of those cases when you watch a player 4-5 times and he has absolute blinders every time :oops: , looked like he was covered in red back spiders

May I remind you Willow and I were calling for Tedesco to play Round 1 in 2012 midway through 2011 NYC season and we were getting laughed off the Forum ........

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 6:58 am

Hopefully Thomas Mikaele makes a bench spot his own in the NRL team next season and doesn't end up in Qld Cup like Seve.
in Ivan we distrust

iofthetigers

Post by iofthetigers » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 7:15 am

Demps wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 7:32 pm
tiger_one wrote:
Tue 13 Nov, 2018 7:08 pm
Expected him to kick on.
The Broncos have the best depth in the comp so it was always a hard ask for him to get a crack there...... Melb too rly.

Just surprising we didn't try to fast track him and secure him when he appears the exact player we needed at the time and probably still to this day.

Shame Simona let us all down.
He returned to Brisbane for personal reasons, health & well being of players is an area the Tigers are exceptional at. Anybody who can beat cancer & play at the level he is at is not only a winner but an inspiration.