miller

ImageImageImage
supercoach

Re: miller

Post by supercoach » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 11:18 pm

1974semifinal wrote:Ok, with this pack we should finish halfway, but the big teams will roll over us ,and everyone else.
So what's new'!!!!!!!!!!!

rossop

Post by rossop » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 7:15 am

supercoach wrote:
1974semifinal wrote:Ok, with this pack we should finish halfway, but the big teams will roll over us ,and everyone else.
So what's new'!!!!!!!!!!!
x2

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 8:20 am

still not seeing it.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 8:22 am

The jury is still out imo.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 8:37 am

bonstonker wrote:still not seeing it.

Why dont you take the same attitude with Miller as youre prepared to do with Tedesco?
just start him and let him grow.
if we are going to rebuild you have to start right here right now.
I know theyre both green, I know Teddy shows a huge amount of potential, more than most rookies coming thru.....how long does Miller get? How long do we persist?
When we conced defeat in his development if it occurs at all, its back to square one

Me - Im prepared to give him a season, another off season and hopefully midway thru 2014 hes starting to really control games.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 8:45 am

innsaneink wrote:

Why dont you take the same attitude with Miller as youre prepared to do with Tedesco?
I know theyre both green, I know Teddy shows a huge amount of potential, more than most rookies coming thru.....how long does Miller get? How long do we persist?
When we conced defeat in his development if it occurs at all, its back to square one

Me - Im prepared to give him a season, another off season and hopefully midway thru 2014 hes starting to really control games.
We should know if hes "got it" by midway through 2013..

willow

Post by willow » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 8:49 am

He should be persisted with for now IMO. Defensively he looks stronger than last year, he just needs to gradually start controlling more of the play and Benji needs to sit back and wait a bit. If Miller doesn't aim up, then I'd be giving serious consideration to partnering Benji and Sirro again.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 8:59 am

innsaneink wrote:

teddy has already shown he has the tools and miller hasn't.
that's all i'm looking for.
i saw it early with lui,and why i was prepared to stick with him while he matured.unfortunately off the field he didn't.which was my biggest concern with him starting the 2011 season.
moltzen it was obvious he didn't have the tools in the halves,and the reason i said early on he was the most over rated player in this squad in 2009,especially the myth about his ball playing ability.

i'm not asking him to control games,just show me something that gives me confidence that all of our attack doesn't revolve around farah and benji 100% of the time.

right now i'm not seeing it.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 9:27 am

Its hard to argue with your point - tools- ......but I can see potential, I know thats no guarantee....but I know with patience persistence and faith what were not seeing can be produced eventually.....much like Lui's defence eventually improved

Hard for a rookie half behind a pack that gets dominated more often than not

Post by Guest » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 9:34 am

I don't see it either. How many games are we prepared to lose to find out he isn't the right choice.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 9:57 am

Who do you suggest then, guest?

Post by Guest » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 10:58 am

I'm afraid I have to agree with you . The bigger packs are going to dominate us.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 11:07 am

i said it last year molzten was not the answer at 1/2 and i will say it again miller is not the answer was terrible in attack, his defence is good but he is so predicable in attack and just seems to do things so slowly that the other side has no descions to make in defence.
i dont know the answer but he is not it.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 11:16 am

The day this kid grabs Marshall by the jumper and drags him to where he wants him, is the day we will realise we have a Halfback... Until he is prepared to take charge, his career at the Tigers will be stiffeled.

I believe this kid can be something...

Fire Up Milky... Dont let your career be determined by other players!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 1:49 pm

I thought he went ok.

Bit premature to be writing him off.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 3:13 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:The day this kid grabs Marshall by the jumper and drags him to where he wants him, is the day we will realise we have a Halfback... Until he is prepared to take charge, his career at the Tigers will be stiffeled.

im confident he will take charge in due course... lui did, but it took a while before it happened.... it would be hard with the egos of marshall and farah there.. thats why i think braith is a good addition (because he will probably get in millers ear)...

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 6:48 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:The day this kid grabs Marshall by the jumper and drags him to where he wants him, is the day we will realise we have a Halfback... Until he is prepared to take charge, his career at the Tigers will be stiffeled.

Agree 100% Watto. Watching the game Miller on Saturday night live and then on replay he has no chance with Robbie or Benji running the show and if he doesn't make a statement will go no where fast. When he was running the show in NYC he developed a great partnership with Koro and together he set up and Koro scored many tries. Not once have I seen him be given or take the opportunity to work with Koro so far. Why? Cause if you watch Benji he determines where the ball is going to go after 3 hit ups and the crosses over to try and control the play. Until Potter tells Benji (and Robbie for that matter) to let Miller have a go in his own right ..nothing will ever change.

Sataris

Post by Sataris » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 9:47 pm

Needs time to develop and cement his role with Benji and Robbie.

Once the spine and Potter figure out exactly what the plan is (and i'm not convinced there is a plan), We'll see everyone settle and the machine will work much more fluidly.

Then again I know nothing about coaching so who knows.
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris