Drop non performers

ImageImageImage
raudallas

Drop non performers

Post by raudallas » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 10:14 pm

I hope that Potter has the intestinal fortitude to drop non performers regardless of reputations and so called marketability and replace them with players who will "have a red hot go". After watching tonights Foundation Cup match it was evident that the opposing team knew where to focus their attack knowing there would be little resistance in defence. Make the hard decisions now Mick,don't wait.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 10:26 pm

raudallas wrote:I hope that Potter has the intestinal fortitude to drop non performers regardless of reputations and so called marketability and replace them with players who will "have a red hot go". After watching tonights Foundation Cup match it was evident that the opposing team knew where to focus their attack knowing there would be little resistance in defence. Make the hard decisions now Mick,don't wait.
as i think brandy said in commentary - tigers approached this as a trial.
roosters were playing like it was a premiership match.
im curious who you are referring to though when the roosters were focusing their attack? who did they focus on?

armchair expert

Post by armchair expert » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 10:30 pm

mtd wrote:
raudallas wrote:I hope that Potter has the intestinal fortitude to drop non performers regardless of reputations and so called marketability and replace them with players who will "have a red hot go". After watching tonights Foundation Cup match it was evident that the opposing team knew where to focus their attack knowing there would be little resistance in defence. Make the hard decisions now Mick,don't wait.
im curious who you are referring to though when the roosters were focusing their attack? who did they focus on?
You play the way you train and this was the ultimate training run. However i hope your right as Farah in particular looked disintrested for much of the match, he reminded me of Prince in 06... hope it was just because it was a trial.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 10:34 pm

^^^
farahs kicking game was better than ive seen him for while.
but defense i agree
i think it will change next week.

armchair expert

Post by armchair expert » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 10:36 pm

mtd wrote:^^^
farahs kicking game was better than ive seen him for while.
but defense i agree
i think it will change next week.
I agree he was easily the best kicker for us tonight.

Majere77

Post by Majere77 » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 10:37 pm

mtd wrote:
Ayshford & Utai?

Kicked well to them, went through them went around them. Jennings in particular.

Just not quick enough. Teams with pace on that side of the field will be getting on the outside of them all night.

I appreciate what Utai did for us... and i was as shocked as anyone the way he reinvented himself and injected himself into the games. I even thought he deserved the extra year last year

But its three years later, if we seriously cant find a better option on the wing after 3 years......

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 10:38 pm

give me names
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

mtd

Post by mtd » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 10:51 pm

Majere77 wrote:
mtd wrote:
Ayshford & Utai?

Kicked well to them, went through them went around them. Jennings in particular.

Just not quick enough. Teams with pace on that side of the field will be getting on the outside of them all night.

I appreciate what Utai did for us... and i was as shocked as anyone the way he reinvented himself and injected himself into the games. I even thought he deserved the extra year last year

But its three years later, if we seriously cant find a better option on the wing after 3 years......
fair enough. i think tuqiri will replace him whe hes back. where is he actually?

raudallas

Post by raudallas » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 11:00 pm

Utai is targeted on the wing but could still contribute as a replacement back rower.He does "have a go". I don't agree Robbie appears disinterested. He is still our best player.The New Zealand Captain must know how to tackle- why doesn't he do it?

Majere77

Post by Majere77 » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 11:06 pm

He's still injured, but I don't think Tuquiri is a better option.

I don't think we have a better option. One of the HUGE problems we are facing.

Post by Guest » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 11:06 pm

mtd wrote:
Majere77 wrote:
mtd wrote:
Ayshford & Utai?

fair enough. i think tuqiri will replace him whe hes back. where is he actually?

Get rid of;
Ayshford
Tuqiri
Lawrence

Farout when will we have aggresive forwards

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 11:14 pm

As I recall this was a trial! We were very much in the game until Anasta, Rowdy, Moltzen and Ayshrord were all off the field. The big Fijian was out of his league, as was Ava but it was not the conditions for inexperienced big men.

We were on our heels due to the 5 consecutive penalties in the first half. Give any NRL team that much ball and they will score tries.

Our defense looked a lot better than in previous years and Koro, Galloway and Tedesco looked sharp. Plenty to work on but good signs for mine.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 12:50 am

Completions were okay, nobody got injured, with a few exceptions the defence was okay. Roosters played well - I think I heard they'd missed 9 tackles pretty deep in the 2nd half. We looked like we were at 3/4 pace and nobody was taking on the line until the 2nd half.

Let's wait until game 1 before we get too carried away.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 12:56 am

How long do we wait Yoss ??

Round 8
Round 15
Round 20

These blokes should of been playing for their positions tonight ??

Or have things stayed the same ??

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 1:14 am

happy tiger wrote:How long do we wait Yoss ??

Round 8
Round 15
Round 20

Well I'd say at least Round 1...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 1:21 am

Yossarian wrote:
happy tiger wrote:How long do we wait Yoss ??

Round 8
Round 15
Round 20

Well I'd say at least Round 1...
Are you trying to say that some player should be imcumbents Yoss

If you didn't perform tonight you should be meeting Fletch and finding out where the NSW Cup boys are playing Round 1

By doing what your saying we might as well just kept Sheens and saved ourselves 900 K

I'm hoping Potter will shake some cages Round 1 and pick players on form ,not reputation

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 9:33 am

I think you are being overly harsh Happy. I think guys like Thompson, Pettyborne and Buchanan did stand up and be counted as did Tedesco and Korro. These guys should be considered for Round 1.

I was also impressed that Benji started to run the ball. Would have liked Anasta on for longer and Moltzen was really nowhere to be seen. If he had a stomach bug then I can live with that.

I think that Ava and the big Fijian proved that they are not ready, but overall the Roosters were strong and had plenty of posession to start the game. A couple of poor mistackles (by established players) was the difference in the game.

I always love your passion, but I think we should wait for at least Round one before bringing out the wrecking ball and stating that nothing has changed.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 10:11 am

Tigersmurf wrote:I think you are being overly harsh Happy. I think guys like Thompson, Pettyborne and Buchanan did stand up and be counted as did Tedesco and Korro. These guys should be considered for Round 1.

I was also impressed that Benji started to run the ball. Would have liked Anasta on for longer and Moltzen was really nowhere to be seen. If he had a stomach bug then I can live with that.

I think that Ava and the big Fijian proved that they are not ready, but overall the Roosters were strong and had plenty of posession to start the game. A couple of poor mistackles (by established players) was the difference in the game.

I always love your passion, but I think we should wait for at least Round one before bringing out the wrecking ball and stating that nothing has changed.

If fans weren't disappointed with the way we played last night or say they weren't disappointed with what they saw they are full of it , honestly too many on here have been Sheensified and need to snap out of it , stop making excuses for these blokes and tell it how it is