tonights game

ImageImageImage
Naroomatiger

tonights game

Post by Naroomatiger » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 11:00 pm

one thing I notice that the team had no heart, no patting on the back, no gee ups robbie and benji never smiled once, they looked like what em I doing out here???????? :lol: :( :(

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 11:06 pm

very good point. life without Sheens.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 11:30 pm

Okay, I'll do a quick match analysis now that i've had some time to think about that game. Basically, based off that game which is against the Roosters, our bogey team, we should all be hoping for a top 8 position, 6-8 most likely. Our organisation was good, kick chase good, discipline good and defence, compared to last year, good.

We lost that game cause we wanted to. From about 5min in, i felt like our boys weren't putting in as much as they could have. Held their own against a bunch of penalties and pressure, so that was good. Then, add in a couple of injuries in anasta, ayshford and woods we were down a bit of power (especially aaron). So, essentially our forwards were able to be run over because of injuries + a few bad performances. Galloway and blair were carrying the whole pack.

Finally, was the performance of the young guns. not. good. Improvement to be made there FOR SURE. I don't know what happened, pressure, luck who knows. But they'll be playing nsw cup for the next few weeks, rory should get a call up before them i would guess.

Overall, i think we can take some positives out of that. The roosters clearly wanted the cup more than us and got it. Once we get woods back, and try to build that OOMPH in the forwards I think we can definitely win 50%+ of our games in 2013. few other minor things, like the younger players (who should be given some slack) and benji's defence too.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 11:56 pm

We didnt hold our own against a bunch of penaltys, we conceded two tries (10 points) on the back of 4 staright penaltys, mainly because we were losing the ruck and our defense wasnt coping

'We wanted to lose'...yep, right. :brick:

So what was all the competition - everythings a competition - competetiveness everywhere...at training over summer about>>

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 11:59 pm

Are you trying to say we weren't disciplined?

Post by 851 » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 12:04 am

Our attack is very ordinary,we need to fix this asap.
Go hard or go home

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 12:11 am

innsaneink wrote: 'We wanted to lose'...yep, right. :brick:
ease up. i think we know what was meant.
we weren't treating it as seriously as we could have been - which i agree with.

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 12:22 am

Woods was a big loss, then add Anasta, ayshford and Lawrence to the list and so a lot of our stike power was missing. But our attack looked disorganized and lacking in purpose to me. We still don't have the plays to construct a try from close range. Once the roosters held us at 10 meters out a couple of times, the game was all over.

The kick chase was improved, but other than that I found it a very disappointing performance.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 12:24 am

how was our defence then

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 1:09 am

NSW cup
WT forwards were very good, especially Sue, Fatuaika and Seumanufagai, there were no MIA's for WT tonight. Brooks had another good kicking game.
Whenever they attacked the right side they scored, very good game by Brien.
Luani had another good game at #9, Meaney converted 2 tries from sideline :)
Naiyaravaro was much more involved in 2nd half, had a number of good runs.

FG
It is hard to play when you make so many mistakes and give away so many stupid penalties.
Koro was again our best player, Galloway joined him in 2nd half. Moltzen was solid, however, in attack he somehow manages to hide himself, in contrast, Tedesco support play is something else, in just 40 minutes he had shown why he is our #1 FB. Our kicking game was good, we finally scored a few tries from kicks :)
IMHO, Naiyaravaro and Seumanufagai, shall be given more chances, how quickly we forget that 'TRex' was Parra's reject and 'Wolfman' was preferred option at Manly :(

Go Tigers

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 5:10 pm

mtd wrote:
I think its bollocks

I mean its the last hit out before the real stuff begins, I see no purpose in not taking it serious....

Just another excuse

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 7:00 pm

innsaneink wrote:
mtd wrote:
I think its bollocks

I mean its the last hit out before the real stuff begins, I see no purpose in not taking it serious....

Just another excuse
I think that us not really 100% putting in is fairly spot on the mark TBH. The way Utai didn't at all contest that bomb that they scored a try off showed that IMO. He would of put in a better effort than that in the season proper without a doubt- he took some good bombs at the back end of last season.
Trials are really just to get some match fitness into the players and maybe sort some combinations out, it doesn't really faze me if they were not absolutely busting their gut last night.
If they don't put in 100% against the Knights in 2 weeks time then I will be blowing up big time.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 7:06 pm

Looked to me Utai was out of position, happened to be blowing a gale last night in Syd, many areas hit by mini cyclones

Funny how no one seemed to think we didnt put in, or werent taking it seriously last week.
So lets get this straight - 3 weeks before the comp against the spooners we are fair dinkum

one week later, 2 weeks before the real stuff....and were ''not taking it serious'

Please

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 7:13 pm

It wasn't me who said we weren't taking it serious. Of course the players would have liked to have won the game, if for no other reason than to finally get a win over one of our bogey sides. If people say that the boys wouldn't have wanted to win they are kidding themselves.

But as I said, in a trial, I would not be at all surprised that most players aren't playing with the same intensity as in the season proper. It is a bloody long season, can't blame them for keeping something in reserve for the real season.