Well done Jack

ImageImageImage
uuem
Member
Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu 07 Jan, 2010 9:26 pm

Well done Jack

Post by uuem » Tue 05 Mar, 2013 10:34 pm

Would just like to congradulate Jack on his selection to the starting side. To be honest dont know much about him ,but MP must have a high opinion to select some one so young in the toughest position on the field when more experienced players were avaliable.


User avatar
foreveratiger
Member
Member
Posts: 12035
Joined: Mon 27 Jun, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 05 Mar, 2013 10:37 pm

I agree , will be wanting to impress before Woods comes back the following week , good luck mate .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

User avatar
LaT
Member
Member
Posts: 3468
Joined: Fri 07 Jan, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: NSW
Contact:

Post by LaT » Tue 05 Mar, 2013 10:38 pm

No doubt he was pushed up the line because of our depth and injury issues, but Potter wouldn't risk him if he wasn't up to it. Hope he enjoys his debut and does everyone proud!
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

User avatar
Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:54 pm

Post by Defiant » Tue 05 Mar, 2013 11:22 pm

Hope it turns out better then Groat being thrown in as starting prop. Thought he went ok last week.

From dragons but a WT junior?

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33022
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Tue 05 Mar, 2013 11:25 pm

He'll go ok, he's pretty quick between the ears and has a similar work ethic to one A Woods...


tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 05 Mar, 2013 11:41 pm

LaT wrote:No doubt he was pushed up the line because of our depth and injury issues, but Potter wouldn't risk him if he wasn't up to it. Hope he enjoys his debut and does everyone proud!
it was either him or one of the NSW cup props... someone had to make their debut at prop.

congratulatoins to jack
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

User avatar
LaT
Member
Member
Posts: 3468
Joined: Fri 07 Jan, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: NSW
Contact:

Post by LaT » Wed 06 Mar, 2013 12:00 am

tig_prmz wrote:
LaT wrote:No doubt he was pushed up the line because of our depth and injury issues, but Potter wouldn't risk him if he wasn't up to it. Hope he enjoys his debut and does everyone proud!
it was either him or one of the NSW cup props... someone had to make their debut at prop.

congratulatoins to jack
Not just a debut, but a starting position which is the point. Bell was the obvious choice but Potter obviously think enough of Buchanan to hand him the job. Pettybourne is also no stranger to prop, neither is Blair in a pinch.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

User avatar
Irvine
Member
Member
Posts: 1330
Joined: Fri 25 Mar, 2011 10:27 pm

Post by Irvine » Wed 06 Mar, 2013 12:06 am

Good luck Jack a bit surprised starting prop against Newcastle in Newcastle....tough job.
Maybe Potter will change and start him off the bench come game time.

User avatar
kh_canada
Member
Member
Posts: 1731
Joined: Tue 12 Jun, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brisbane

Post by kh_canada » Wed 06 Mar, 2013 2:21 am

Pretty big ousting for the kid being put up against Mason & Snowden

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

User avatar
pHyR3
Member
Member
Posts: 5048
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 7:11 pm

Post by pHyR3 » Wed 06 Mar, 2013 8:07 am

Funny, i had him at 10 instead of galloway in my 'fantasy' 17 for the tigers in 2013. Then I realised he was a longshot to start as we'd signed gavet and the likes who were older. haha
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Wed 06 Mar, 2013 1:06 pm

A prop is injured and he is replaced by a prop, what is this ridiculous logic!?

Well done Jack, hope he kills it.

everett
Member
Member
Posts: 1636
Joined: Fri 12 Mar, 2010 11:01 pm
Location: Kings Langley

Post by everett » Wed 06 Mar, 2013 1:12 pm

Wish him all the best and love a prop is being replaced by another prop.

When Woods is back (hopefully next week) and Buchnan plays well he can be part of our prop rotation.

Props

Big Red
Woods
Bell
Buchnan
Pettybourne
BMM
Blair (if needed)

Still have Gravet and Groat to come back and hopefully Ava improves in State Cup.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

spearby
Member
Member
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 7:23 pm

Post by spearby » Wed 06 Mar, 2013 3:40 pm

congrats jack give it your best shot the start of a great career

LCA
Member
Member
Posts: 1092
Joined: Sun 06 Mar, 2011 5:58 pm
Location: Liverpool

Post by LCA » Wed 06 Mar, 2013 6:25 pm

I hope he's rid of all that toxic dragons upbringing and is ready to become a Tiger legend. Good luck mate!

User avatar
Peaches
Member
Member
Posts: 2876
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:35 pm
Location: Mount Pritchard

Post by Peaches » Wed 06 Mar, 2013 6:50 pm

Yes indeed, I wish Jack much luck. Really not sure what to expect from him. Hopefully a solid performance in his first grade debut.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7996
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Wed 06 Mar, 2013 10:12 pm

LaT wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:
LaT wrote:No doubt he was pushed up the line because of our depth and injury issues, but Potter wouldn't risk him if he wasn't up to it. Hope he enjoys his debut and does everyone proud!
it was either him or one of the NSW cup props... someone had to make their debut at prop.

congratulatoins to jack
Not just a debut, but a starting position which is the point. Bell was the obvious choice but Potter obviously think enough of Buchanan to hand him the job. Pettybourne is also no stranger to prop, neither is Blair in a pinch.
pettybourne, blair etc would be a step backwards imo. jack was the right choice... he's a prop.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Phantomlock
Member
Member
Posts: 367
Joined: Thu 20 Oct, 2011 5:36 am

Post by Phantomlock » Thu 07 Mar, 2013 3:52 am

Centre stage for someone so young is awesome. A big challenge but I've no doubt he'll go well.

His family must be incredibly proud right now. Best of luck mate for your debut!

PL

User avatar
LaT
Member
Member
Posts: 3468
Joined: Fri 07 Jan, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: NSW
Contact:

Post by LaT » Thu 07 Mar, 2013 2:46 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
LaT wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:
LaT wrote:No doubt he was pushed up the line because of our depth and injury issues, but Potter wouldn't risk him if he wasn't up to it. Hope he enjoys his debut and does everyone proud!
it was either him or one of the NSW cup props... someone had to make their debut at prop.

congratulatoins to jack
Not just a debut, but a starting position which is the point. Bell was the obvious choice but Potter obviously think enough of Buchanan to hand him the job. Pettybourne is also no stranger to prop, neither is Blair in a pinch.
pettybourne, blair etc would be a step backwards imo. jack was the right choice... he's a prop.
Just pointing that it wasn't only Buchanan or another NSW Cup prop in line for a starting spot. There are options, the most obvious being Bell as starting prop.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

Post Reply