Potter need to find HIS identity.

ImageImageImage
smoking gun

Potter need to find HIS identity.

Post by smoking gun » Mon 11 Mar, 2013 8:47 pm

pretty much put out the same team of the past few seasons. Moltzen has to go. Ayshford has to go Utai has to go.

I can't work out why he would hook utai after 55 mins. Why even play him? Wasted bench spot.

I understand why he wants to give incumbents a crack but really he needs to lay the law down early. Set the bar high. Bring in the new recruits bring in the gun youngsters. These guys have had their chance make the changes now not when the season is done and dusted

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Mon 11 Mar, 2013 9:01 pm

Agree 100% SG ..this is going to be a looong season so best start blooding the youngsters now and give them the experience for next year. The no brainers for me are Utai and Moltzen. Utai past it and Moltzen..seen enuf..had enuf chances

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 11 Mar, 2013 9:25 pm

smoking gun wrote:pretty much put out the same team of the past few seasons. Moltzen has to go. Ayshford has to go Utai has to go.

I can't work out why he would hook utai after 55 mins. Why even play him? Wasted bench spot.

I understand why he wants to give incumbents a crack but really he needs to lay the law down early. Set the bar high. Bring in the new recruits bring in the gun youngsters. These guys have had their chance make the changes now not when the season is done and dusted
He bought in the young gun halfback and unfortunately he didn't make much of a pop...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 11 Mar, 2013 9:29 pm

Ive said a few times Potsy will need three seasons until he gets the team he wants and we can maybe see what he can really offer as a coach

Im usually against senior players being dropped early but I Ive said all summer I doubt we'll figure in the finals so I ten to agree with OP it would be a good idea if some comfy players met Fletch the reggies coach....too many rookies in at once though is a recipe for disaster as well and will just shatter confidence

Tedesco in for moltzen
Rowdy on thin ice
Bugger it dump Benji too thatd really be a kick in the pants

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Mon 11 Mar, 2013 9:38 pm

We will see if Mick has an identity tomorrow when he announces the team. Have the balls do what you know has to be done!!!

Coasttiger

Post by Coasttiger » Mon 11 Mar, 2013 9:39 pm

Is it only me that sees Benji looking like he is sulking when things are not going our way?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 11 Mar, 2013 9:39 pm

innsaneink wrote:Ive said a few times Potsy will need three seasons until he gets the team he wants and we can maybe see what he can really offer as a coach

Im usually against senior players being dropped early but I Ive said all summer I doubt we'll figure in the finals so I ten to agree with OP it would be a good idea if some comfy players met Fletch the reggies coach....too many rookies in at once though is a recipe for disaster as well and will just shatter confidence

Tedesco in for moltzen
Rowdy on thin ice
Sorry Ink but if the Tigers roll that out every week this season Potter won't make it through 3 seasons

Rowdy gone
Anasta off bench
Moltzen gone
Reddy :lol:

Why didn't Potter make a double change with Bell and Woods for Keefy and Buchanan Keefy was hunched over and gone leading up to the scrum when Buchanan was imterchanged

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 11 Mar, 2013 9:45 pm

innsaneink wrote:Ive said a few times Potsy will need three seasons until he gets the team he wants and we can maybe see what he can really offer as a coach

Tedesco in for moltzen
Rowdy on thin ice
Do you REALLY think Potter would dump Benji. Potter is so timid that he would be hard put to dump Moltzen. The only other selection you are recommending is Tedesco for Moltzen. Not really a wake up call. What about Miller, Anasta, Utai, BMM, Reddy, and Korobeite who is a disaster waiting to happen with his postional tackling and ball catching ability. Are not the coaches supposed to train such palyers on positional defence? Sheens did. Unfortunately Potter and Simmons have to shoulder a fair portion of tonight's disaster.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Mon 11 Mar, 2013 9:48 pm

I think Potsy would like an error-free, grinding, no-nonsense team. Unfortunately, we just don't have the players for it this year.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Sat 16 Mar, 2013 8:19 am

That performance was a mirror image of our last few seasons, had sheens written all over it, hard thing is that these players been in the sheens system so long it's embedded in their brains to play that style, it's gonna take time hopefully they switch on.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 16 Mar, 2013 9:43 am

Newtown wrote:

Tedesco in for moltzen
Rowdy on thin ice
Do you REALLY think Potter would dump Benji. Potter is so timid that he would be hard put to dump Moltzen. The only other selection you are recommending is Tedesco for Moltzen. Not really a wake up call.
What we'd like to happen and what we think Someone else will do usually vary greatly

Have you met Potter? How do you know he's timid?
Sounds like a wild assumption to me
What about Miller, Anasta, Utai, BMM, Reddy, and Korobeite who is a disaster waiting to happen with his postional tackling and ball catching ability.
I touched on this
Are not the coaches supposed to train such palyers on positional defence? Sheens did. Unfortunately Potter and Simmons have to shoulder a fair portion of tonight's disaster.
Yes they do

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 16 Mar, 2013 11:13 am

The problem is there isn't alot of patient fans out there ... We have only played 1 game for crying out loud.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sat 16 Mar, 2013 11:15 am

It's almost like Potter doesn't own a Video player.

He think Miller is a genius half back...Never seen that.
He thinks Moltzen is a fullback....Never seen that and Never will.
He thinks Utai is Tall.......Never going to jump for a high ball.
He thinks Blair and Anasta want to play for the Wests Tigers.

And so on and so on.

I hope he is not timid..changes need to be made long term.
The team could jag a win this week and these guys will be safe for another 5 weeks.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 16 Mar, 2013 1:36 pm

I've never heard him say Miller was a genius or Utai was tall. Never even heard him say Moltzen was a fullback.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 16 Mar, 2013 7:31 pm

it would be good if he can instill a "no excuses" policy for a bad performance.

during the preseason potter and his players kept saying "responsibility for actions", it will be the time to show that in a couple of matches... tbh im hoping we lose a couple more games like this to distinguish between people who keep trying when going gets tough and people who keep trying to WIN the game no matter what.

obviously attitude was and is the problem at the tigers.. get rid of people who consider this just a job. no passion= no game time.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 16 Mar, 2013 7:41 pm

If Potter hasn't already brought his identity to the Tigers , he wasn't the right man for the job

I want Potter to be Potter , anything else and the team will see through him and won't respect him ,it would be a disaster waiting to happen

mtd

Post by mtd » Sat 16 Mar, 2013 9:23 pm

well if he acts on the OP changes, its your identity not his own.

he's had one NRL game in charge give him a chance before getting down his throat.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 2:27 pm

Well, he's gotten pettybourne in, reddy in and utai out for this weekend. Good changes based on trials + round 1 i think. Couldn't ask for more from him, let's see if he's also made a stamp with defence and general ferocity.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."