What Needs to Happen

ImageImageImage
PYMBLEPETE

What Needs to Happen

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Mon 11 Mar, 2013 10:25 pm

OK some of the things that I have been expecting to happen have blown up in spectacular fashion tonight. They were always going to (I have posted about it; not wise after the event) and I am pretty disappointed in Potter that he has allowed them to happen.

Before talking about what needs to happen from here, I think we should all acknowledge that the correct course of action is to admit that the current group is not going to take us where we want to be and there has to be significant change. This will mean that we will see young players making mistakes and costing us games - so be it. But as well, the realities are that we have certain players taking up salary cap space (which it would be nice to get out of but we cant) and so therefore we cant just despatch all of them to oblivion,

With the above in mind I think this is what needs to happen now:

Tedesco to fullback and Moltzen to reggies until injury strikes.
David Nofoluma into Utai's wing. Utai has a possible role on the bench but will never again be seen on the wing.
Anasta to half back; I can hear the screams now, but we have to get a better kicking game, which he can provide, and frankly I dont see him cutting it in the forwards.
Bell has to start; we look less vulnerable when he is on the field. I think this is a straight substitution for Anasta.
Pettyborne needs to be part of the 17; dont know if he was injured tonight or what, but he has more impact than most of our forwards.
I did suggest earlier that Sironen might be a centre option. Its a bit much to be experimenting once the season is in full flight, but really could he be much worse than what is on offer at the moment?

And if his form doesnt improve soon then could someone advise Mr Marshall to report to the reggies coach until further notice.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 11 Mar, 2013 10:29 pm

Well said Pymble Pete.

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Mon 11 Mar, 2013 10:37 pm

Good comment Pymble. I agree with a fair bit. However I would still leave Miller at 7. With time Miller can get better. Anasta for me should just move to lock. I didn't think Blair did bad there but I just feel Anasta is better suited there than at 11. Agree though that Tedesco and Nofoaluma are better fits than what occupies those positions right now.

VelvetTiger

Post by VelvetTiger » Mon 11 Mar, 2013 10:47 pm

Anasta at 7 is a decent call - try and steady the ship.

Miller or Siro to 6.
Benji has just got to snap out of it! That's what needs to happen.
He's taken up from where he left off last year, no purpose in his game.

seijai

Post by seijai » Mon 11 Mar, 2013 11:00 pm

What he said above.

But Miller to be outed - he aint 1st grade.

Stick Sironen there. Hell, send Benji to reggies - his "I dont give a s***" attitude is arrogant and annoying

Post by Guest » Mon 11 Mar, 2013 11:08 pm

VelvetTiger wrote:Anasta at 7 is a decent call - try and steady the ship.

Miller or Siro to 6.
Benji has just got to snap out of it! That's what needs to happen.
He's taken up from where he left off last year, no purpose in his game.
About time someone says it how they see it!
Dont understand why no one in the media has asked where is razzle dazzle has gone and that he is turned into a real disappointment.....

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 11 Mar, 2013 11:14 pm

seijai wrote:What he said above.

But Miller to be outed - he aint 1st grade.

Stick Sironen there. Hell, send Benji to reggies - his "I dont give a s***" attitude is arrogant and annoying
I'm with you , couldn't care less if Benji left our club plays for himself not the team .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

jimmyz

Post by jimmyz » Mon 11 Mar, 2013 11:26 pm

get rid of moltzen,utai,miller,bell,reddy,those guys just aint first grade.

Golden

Post by Golden » Mon 11 Mar, 2013 11:48 pm

come on give Miller a chance that was his first FULL first grade game, at least give him 4 full first grade games and see what he can do Anasta at halfback LOL LOL LOL you might as well hand the team black and gold spoons now if you move him to 7 my god, you actually gotta run the ball to play in the halves

seijai

Post by seijai » Mon 11 Mar, 2013 11:56 pm

Golden wrote:come on give Miller a chance that was his first FULL first grade game, at least give him 4 full first grade games and see what he can do Anasta at halfback LOL LOL LOL you might as well hand the team black and gold spoons now if you move him to 7 my god, you actually gotta run the ball to play in the halves
You mean like Benji, running the ball sideways??

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 6:21 am

We need more grunt and penetration.

Hard to judge the efforts of the halves when they are under so much pressure. We need some hard charging forwards to carry us out of trouble...our errors were the result of our ball carriers being under intense pressure.

Short-term solutions: Tedesco to fullback, Moltzen to centres (either Lawrence or Ashyford to wing for utai), Anasta to 7

Longer-term: Sironen lock when fit, Blair to prop, Ashyford & Lawrence (future is in backrow, Lawrence seems to have lost his ability to move sideways and Ashyford is too slow). We need another 3 props....

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 7:35 am

Ayshford and Lawrence are on borrowed time I reckon. If they don't snap out of it, they'll both be dumped.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

zoggy66

Post by zoggy66 » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 9:32 am

Tigers are too slow, too SMALL, and simply not strong enough to compete in first grade. What we need is some go forward, size, strength, speed, we have none in this group. Benji is way overrated, get rid of him.
Wooden spoon here we come I am afraid. After watching souths on Thursday I can say they will beat us by 60+. The only positive was the first 10 minutes, we looked sharp. Then the wheels feel off, Tigers are just too soft

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 10:00 am

Sirro will never cut it in the centres , he would be slower than Lawrence and Ayshford

If we were going to experiment with a forward in the centres it would be BMM or Big T, peel 5-10kgs off their frames and really work on their defence and lateral movement and see how they go

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 10:17 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:Ayshford and Lawrence are on borrowed time I reckon. If they don't snap out of it, they'll both be dumped.
i agree the problem is they have a couple more years on there contract unless we do a Gibbs on them both , Lawrence is a shadow of what he used to be , once touted to being an Origin player , wow how things can turn around so quick....
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

barra

Post by barra » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 10:21 am

What needs to happen? Firstly we all need to understand that this team is a rabble and is not going to get better by a few knee-jerk reactions. It will take good coaching and some player development, and all that will take time.

Yes, Potter should make changes but you can't just cut half the team and expect immediate results for the better! Potter must change the soft mental attitude of the senior players, get R&B to stop trying to do everything themselves, bring more youth and size into the squad and make some hard calls about regular 1st graders, etc etc.

This will take time so we best be patient...

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 10:22 am

Get a sprint trainer and Stop trying to bulk everyone up.....the whole team looks agonisingly slow.

FARANGALANG

Post by FARANGALANG » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 10:25 am

zoggy66 wrote:Tigers are too slow, too SMALL, and simply not strong enough to compete in first grade. What we need is some go forward, size, strength, speed, we have none in this group. Benji is way overrated, get rid of him.
Wooden spoon here we come I am afraid. After watching souths on Thursday I can say they will beat us by 60+. The only positive was the first 10 minutes, we looked sharp. Then the wheels feel off, Tigers are just too soft

Agree totally.The first thing I do is sack moltzen and throw in teddy.Lawrence and ayshford on borrowed time.Blair 500 g a year see ya later.Anasta who ever signed him.too small.Fulton signed for another 3 years.Big heart always tries but he exactly is not what we need would start with getting Sam mckendry.Big prop who really bends the line and is only 23.Need time to think about backrowers we should be targetting.Give miller a break no halfback will look good with the forward pack we have at the moment.