Post match Interviews

ImageImageImage
happy tiger

Post match Interviews

Post by happy tiger » Mon 11 Mar, 2013 11:28 pm

Anyone seen Potters from tonight ?? Had a look but found nothing

Wouldn't blame him if he was in the foetal position foaming from the mouth unwilling to move

I hope he has torn strips off the side and said for many to introduce themselves to Fletch for the rest of the season

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Mon 11 Mar, 2013 11:30 pm

Yeah it wouldn't load properly when I tried about 20 mins ago. Figured i'd now wait to the morning.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 11 Mar, 2013 11:34 pm

He spoke logically but didn't seem really cut. Probably discovered some things about the side he suspected and can now move forward with some proof to his methods.

LaT

Post by LaT » Mon 11 Mar, 2013 11:36 pm

TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 11 Mar, 2013 11:49 pm

Thanks LaT Lets hope it works

Justo

Post by Justo » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 10:23 am

Is it just me, or is the Foxsport video just absolutely crap? Never loads, bugs out. Damn that flash video!

barra

Post by barra » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 10:30 am

Saw a grab of it on FOX after the game. From that it looked like he talked straight and saw it as it was.

And that alone was refreshing. I'm so glad I never have to watch Sheens do a PM after a WT game again!!

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 10:58 am

Just watched a copy of the presser now. Saw some things defensively that he wants to work on. I suspect he already knew where our issues lie before the game. It more or less confirmed it for him once more. I guess there are parts of our football which will take some time knot out the way Potter wants it.

willow

Post by willow » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 11:17 am

Told as it was, although he didn't show a lot of emotion...maybe he saw it coming, who knows?

Farah looked and sounded very disappointed though. I think we can count ourselves lucky if he's playing for us next year.

delpy

Post by delpy » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 12:08 pm

Anyone have a link to a youtube or similar version? WT, NRL and Fox Sports videos are all blocked at work and anything flash doesn't work on my iphone.
Delpy
Wests Tigers Member

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 12:21 pm

after watching potter in that news conference i can see , what happened during the game. if thats how he comes across to the players so laid back and saying stuff like , yes we have some areas to fix up, and yes it was not a good effort,well thats not what i expect from a NRL coach. i dont expect him to slam players on TV but i want to see some degree of disguise and a lot of anger. That effort was what a 10 year coach says to the parents after a flogging, just not good enough, coach potter.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 12:46 pm

Potter was not at all strong during the interview. On that basis I doubt that we will see much change in the team personnel or their attitude. Farah looked a lot more annoyed about the game than Potter.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 12:55 pm

Newtown wrote:Potter was not at all strong during the interview. On that basis I doubt that we will see much change in the team personnel or their attitude. Farah looked a lot more annoyed about the game than Potter.

if that had happened to hasler or bellyace they would have been frothing at the mouth and pulling there hair out. but potter just sat there and acted like it was no big deal. and to make matters worse the only thing that potter did seem to do was replace poor utai, when it was all over, did not see has change any structure during the game or come to the side line and scream out to his side, no just replace a winger and sit nice and quite at the press conference.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 1:00 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Newtown wrote:Potter was not at all strong during the interview. On that basis I doubt that we will see much change in the team personnel or their attitude. Farah looked a lot more annoyed about the game than Potter.

if that had happened to hasler or bellyace they would have been frothing at the mouth and pulling there hair out. but potter just sat there and acted like it was no big deal. and to make matters worse the only thing that potter did seem to do was replace poor utai, when it was all over, did not see has change any structure during the game or come to the side line and scream out to his side, no just replace a winger and sit nice and quite at the press conference.
See your point BP but if he isn't that style of coach , there is no use trying to be that style of coach

In saying that if the same thing happens next week , he might change his tune Being a ex fullback , you have to be able to get your point over to other very quickly without much thought for the feelings of others

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 1:03 pm

Think the post match interview showed the volcano from the outside - maybe the players copped the real fireworks.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 1:09 pm

Personality is an issue with Potter he doesn't come across as a very Personable guy.
I would really like to know how he gets on with the players......he looks like he pretty much keeps to himself...school teacher style.

delpy

Post by delpy » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 1:18 pm

cktiger wrote:Think the post match interview showed the volcano from the outside - maybe the players copped the real fireworks.
Let's hope so.
Delpy
Wests Tigers Member

willow

Post by willow » Tue 12 Mar, 2013 1:19 pm

Irvine wrote:Personality is an issue with Potter he doesn't come across as a very Personable guy.
I would really like to know how he gets on with the players......he looks like he pretty much keeps to himself...school teacher style.
Apparently he was very well respected by the players when he coached in England.