Moltzen and Forwards

ImageImageImage
Roysta59

Moltzen and Forwards

Post by Roysta59 » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 11:38 am

1 thing that drives me crazy is seeing Moltzen hit a gap hard, fast and with good footwork (he has scored a few good tries) BUT when defending he stands on the try line, doesnt put his body on the line and seems to never "save" a try. He also is slack at returning the ball and looks for his wingers to help either in the high ball or returning.
Robbie Farah stood up last week and showed the forwards how to hit up the ball (willie mason bagged our forwards for this)
Moltzen and half our forwards need to put thier body on the line.
Moltz does have the skills so does most of the team but come on play a little like Josh "Passions" Reynolds. He wants to win ever aspect of the game.
Just a rant - My thoughts

black and white tiger

Post by black and white tiger » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 11:50 am

The way Teddy is playing today in the NSW Cup Moltzen won't be playing next week.
So far he's scored a try, he's been backing up his forwards and taken at least 4 offloads and we've scored a further 2 tries from those offloads. That not to mention the extra metres gained.
Sure is good having a fullback playing in the No 1 and not a utility.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 12:31 pm

To be fair ( I think moltzen should be behind tedesco ) but Moltzen saved 2 tries on our line last week by holding blokes up in defence. I think tedesco is better and for me Moltzens main issue is not returning the ball with strength and effort he jogs it back most of the time or passes it off. I actually think his defence is one of his strong points as a fullback.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 1:38 pm

Moltzen has Benji. Tedesco go and be best buddies with Farah You might get a go then.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 2:31 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:To be fair ( I think moltzen should be behind tedesco ) but Moltzen saved 2 tries on our line last week by holding blokes up in defence. I think tedesco is better and for me Moltzens main issue is not returning the ball with strength and effort he jogs it back most of the time or passes it off. I actually think his defence is one of his strong points as a fullback.
Seriously? did you miss that piss-weak effort against uate? he already had woods and another guy hanging on to him, he had AGES to go to the line and moltz puts some crappy shoulder height grap and slides off allowing uate to stretch his hand over the line....
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Shooshmeister

Post by Shooshmeister » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 12:55 am

If lawrence is out next week, move Moltzen to cover and Tedessco to fullback. I'm alot happier.

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 1:01 am

I agree that Timmy might end up in the centres this year - either that or Tedesco will play wing. Potter would rather have both of them at his disposal if he can work it out. If Lawrence is injured, then Potter will put Reddy to the centres and Teddy to the wing, I reckon.

BTW I thought Moltzen was excellent this week vs Penrith.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.