Crowd

ImageImageImage
tottie

Crowd

Post by tottie » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 4:54 pm

I just left Cambo and am disgusted at the poor crowd, first home game, great weather and not even 10K. What a joke. Come on all the leichhardt haters and tell me we wouldn't have had 18k there today

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 4:56 pm

Cant blame people...we were a disgrace last week, improve on field and the crowds will start expanding.

Illek

Post by Illek » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 5:00 pm

Why can't 18k from leochardt also travel to ctown. Same team, same fan base, make the effort. To be honest the poor form of last year and the opening round effort doesn't inspire people to pay to watch them.

Illek

Post by Illek » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 5:05 pm

Side not I think GWS had zero impact on our support last year, however I think the wanderers may have made some inroads, don't underestimate their support in tigers territory out west. This could impact on crowds for us at the beginning of the year, as hard to attend both teams if you have a young family.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 5:10 pm

Yeah that is a worry Illek...Nrl must campaign that area. Cant believe a once proud rugby league heartland is being lost to soccer of all sports....that is embarrassing.

However I still maintane that we keep improving and the crowds will come back. We have the vastly superior product.

tottie

Post by tottie » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 5:12 pm

So we are blaming other sports now? Real fans follow their team win lose or draw. Wake up and face reality that after the loss last week we would still have had 18k at LO. BTW I travelled from inner wear with 4 others.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 5:13 pm

Look at the way we played last week and that probably tells you why the crowd was what it was. I remember last round last yr against the Storm at Leichhardt coming off that piss weak performance against the Roosters in a game that was our GF we didn't get 10K there either. Clearly people don't want to know this side if they're not putting in

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 5:16 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Look at the way we played last week and that probably tells you why the crowd was what it was. I remember last round last yr against the Storm at Leichhardt coming off that piss weak performance against the Roosters in a game that was our GF we didn't get 10K there either. Clearly people don't want to know this side if they're not putting in
Yeah and that was also Eliss's send off. Where the game was played had very little to do with the crowd figure.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 5:16 pm

tottie wrote:So we are blaming other sports now? Real fans follow their team win lose or draw. Wake up and face reality that after the loss last week we would still have had 18k at LO. BTW I travelled from inner wear with 4 others.

Why don't you go back and see what the crowd was in the final round last yr against the Storm at Leichhardt when our season was on the line. Was nowhere near 18K i'll give you the tip

brk53y

Post by brk53y » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 5:17 pm

Cost me $74 bucks today for the missus me and young bloke just to get in. Add to that food and drink and its 100 bucks for a couple of hours at the footy. Not surprised that the crowd was poor after last weeks effort either

tottie

Post by tottie » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 5:20 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
tottie wrote:So we are blaming other sports now? Real fans follow their team win lose or draw. Wake up and face reality that after the loss last week we would still have had 18k at LO. BTW I travelled from inner wear with 4 others.

Why don't you go back and see what the crowd was in the final round last yr against the Storm at Leichhardt when our season was on the line. Was nowhere near 18K i'll give you the tip
I remember the game and it wasn't the first home game of the year and it wasn't a sunny Sunday afternoon and we had missed the 8!!! Thanks for the history lesson

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 5:23 pm

tottie wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

I remember the game and it wasn't the first home game of the year and it wasn't a sunny Sunday afternoon and we had missed the 8!!! Thanks for the history lesson

You need some more brushing up on your history champ as we only had to win to steal 8th, everything was on the line and the people FAILED to show. But if ignoring facts benefits your agenda more power to ya

Illek

Post by Illek » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 5:32 pm

its pretty simple really, wanderers have invested time and money and have great feeling within the community at the moment, and if your child wants to go watch the wanderers game instead, well id rather take them to what they want to see, called good parenting mate. Im lucky I can afford to take them to both, but many fans can't and I honestly don't blame them. Congrats from travelling from the inner west, its a shame all the rest of your 18k at leichardt didn't join you. People need to get over the fact and realise we are one club and our fans don't just travel to one ground only and never attend the other two. Sometimes circumstances change week to week which affect the crowd figures.

tottie

Post by tottie » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 5:32 pm

We had to win by a thousand to make the 8!!! Again my point is first he game, sunny arvo game and not 10k, how many at LO today?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 5:44 pm

I'd say zero were at Leichhardt today. You joined this forum two weeks ago and have only chosen now to actually post. 4 posts whinging about the Cambo crowd, was this your plan all along? After the horror night we had last week why don't you enjoy it and post something about the football instead of other trivial, agenda driven garbage
Last edited by GNR4LIFE on Sun 17 Mar, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 5:45 pm

In b4 thread dDgener8's in2 usual poofite

Piss poor no matter how its looked at.
I dunno why people stayed away....I went because we only have two home games this year I think....beatiful sunny day with a slight breeze...perfect, glad I did, great win.

wtfl1981

Post by wtfl1981 » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 5:52 pm

Very disappointing for a clash between western sydney teams on a beautiful day.

WESTS TIGERS FOR LIFE!

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:11 pm

There are always reasons for a poor crowd. We did have a poor 2012 and did get flogged last week and there was some off season turmoil. Expectations are as low as they have been in a while. Penrith don't bring many.

However on a perfect Sunday that was a really worrying crowd. I just don't think Ctown can sustain any more then 4 games for the people that seem to push for more. Say what you like about Leichhardt but on a sunny Sunday there would have been a much bigger crowd there.

I think in general our crowds will go down. The worry is, if you get 9K on a perfect Sunday at Ctown what will you get on a cold saturday night?