Crowd

ImageImageImage
Black'n'White

Re: Crowd

Post by Black'n'White » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 3:12 pm

Snake wrote: Ask the magpies they couldn't,t do it ..that's from someone that went to the first match in Campbelltown ...scrape these games that caters for the die hard traditionalist because they are fast becoming extinct .Play these games at the SFS and get the 100k for the privilege ..?Time to move on!.
nothing worse than attending a game with no atmosphere... I live not even 4 kms from Homebush yet wont attend a game there because its half empty and soul-less, same with the SFS. Getting 20k at those grounds they still feel empty...

For some reason NRL teams dont work enough on promotion and creating a tribal atmosphere that Soccer clubs do... Fair enough the club may choose to accept the cash for playing at the SFS or ANZ, but if they put a little time into working a loyal army into a frenzy that $100k or so in the hand from grounds would easily be eclipsed by merchandising and food and beverage sales at Campelltown and Leichhardt. I prefer to attend the 2 smaller grounds packed to the rafters in Black, Orange and White.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 3:37 pm

pHyR3 wrote:Well, with the ASADA cloud, our poor performance and cambo generally getting fewer crowds than LO 10k isn't overly surprising although I would have hoped for 11-12.

Compared to last season vs sharks which was 19k. We were premiership favorites, round 1 so everyone is pumped for the footy again, no drugs cloud and it was a sunday arvo game at LO i believe.

Still a bit disappointing, I wish more people would turn up to games in the NRL in general. I think expanding to Perth is the best thing for the game. Far too many teams on the east coast. Maybe one more in Brisbane too, but that's it for a good 10 years.
I don't think the ASADA investigation has anything to do with yesterday's crowd.

The NRL's Rd 1 attendance figure for this year actually bettered last year's figure by almost 10,000 and the Tigers aren't implicated in the drugs investigation anyway. More to do with our crap Rd 1 performance methinks.
Last edited by citizen cub on Mon 18 Mar, 2013 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 3:46 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
Snake wrote: Ask the magpies they couldn't,t do it ..that's from someone that went to the first match in Campbelltown ...scrape these games that caters for the die hard traditionalist because they are fast becoming extinct .Play these games at the SFS and get the 100k for the privilege ..?Time to move on!.
nothing worse than attending a game with no atmosphere... I live not even 4 kms from Homebush yet wont attend a game there because its half empty and soul-less, same with the SFS. Getting 20k at those grounds they still feel empty...

For some reason NRL teams dont work enough on promotion and creating a tribal atmosphere that Soccer clubs do... Fair enough the club may choose to accept the cash for playing at the SFS or ANZ, but if they put a little time into working a loyal army into a frenzy that $100k or so in the hand from grounds would easily be eclipsed by merchandising and food and beverage sales at Campelltown and Leichhardt. I prefer to attend the 2 smaller grounds packed to the rafters in Black, Orange and White.
The club initiated 'The Jungle' late last year and now have a members pack to suit [I think?]... I like the idea of building on this concept as it will bring a better atmostphere to games.

Does anyone know how The Jungle went yesterday... I know Mish and all the girls were going, but I didnt really see them on the TV coverage???
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 4:09 pm

The bay I saw had all of 10 people in it

TIGERS

Post by TIGERS » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 4:48 pm

Humpty doesn't understand the suburbs.

When i was in primary school in the mid 90s they used to give us free Wests Magpies tickets at school so we'd go home and ask our parents to take us to the game. (Dad would then have to buy 3 more tickets for himself and my two other brothers of course... and that was the trick.)

The Magpies would march in the fishers ghost festival every year, and they would visit every school and PCYC. Tommy Raudonikis was the coach of NSW at the time and still brought a little table and chair down to my school fete and sat there on his own signing posters for everyone. He'd also drive around in a ute with a loudspeaker to get people to come to games.

I don't care how much the game has changed we don't do enough of that sort of stuff for the kids and community anymore. Esp in a place like Campbelltown where it can make a huge difference.
Teams do not go physically flat, they go mentally stale...

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 5:01 pm

Illek wrote:Side not I think GWS had zero impact on our support last year, however I think the wanderers may have made some inroads, don't underestimate their support in tigers territory out west. This could impact on crowds for us at the beginning of the year, as hard to attend both teams if you have a young family.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
I think you could have a point . I work out west and there certainly is quite a lot of people wearing thenWanderers shirt. I must say its the best looking soccer shirt I've seen ..reminds me of the good ol Bears

wtfl1981

Post by wtfl1981 » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 6:05 pm

Interesting opinions

I know Wests Campbelltown Leagues Club don't find game days valuable for revenue.. Despite being at the front door of the ground, game days distract from pokie players although bistro gets a good working.

WT need to take hold of the Campbelltown area and make it more homely rather than travel there (like an away game) 4 times a tear - only 3 day games in last 4 years.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
WESTS TIGERS FOR LIFE!

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 7:52 pm

Didn't go to Campbeltown for the game, only ever been once but it's too far away and not as comfortable or easy as watching on Tv at home or wests Ashfield. Campbelltown should continue to get more games but is always going to struggle in comparison to other venues due to location and socio economic issues. Away fans don't go their, only half the home fans go their and those in the area don't have as much money especially when it's on free to air tv on Sunday arvo.

The club does a lot of community work but needs to do more and more and I am sure they will. Wanderes play at parramatta which is more central and I'm sure you would get a lot more inner west fans to wests tigers games if they were closer

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Wed 20 Mar, 2013 1:12 pm

TIGERS wrote:Humpty doesn't understand the suburbs.

When i was in primary school in the mid 90s they used to give us free Wests Magpies tickets at school so we'd go home and ask our parents to take us to the game. (Dad would then have to buy 3 more tickets for himself and my two other brothers of course... and that was the trick.)

The Magpies would march in the fishers ghost festival every year, and they would visit every school and PCYC. Tommy Raudonikis was the coach of NSW at the time and still brought a little table and chair down to my school fete and sat there on his own signing posters for everyone. He'd also drive around in a ute with a loudspeaker to get people to come to games.

I don't care how much the game has changed we don't do enough of that sort of stuff for the kids and community anymore. Esp in a place like Campbelltown where it can make a huge difference.
Free passes are given out to kids in Macarthur schools before every game.

My friends kids at Thomas Acres PS have had three lots of freebies over the last 2 years