Crowd

ImageImageImage
900large

Crowd

Post by 900large » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:12 pm

Tottie, maybe the problem is that the balmain based fans just don't travel, but the Cambo based fans do, which boosts the LO attendance. C'mon inner west pull your fingers out and travel!!!

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Post by Guest » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:12 pm

stryker wrote:Yeah that is a worry Illek...Nrl must campaign that area. Cant believe a once proud rugby league heartland is being lost to soccer of all sports....that is embarrassing.

However I still maintane that we keep improving and the crowds will come back. We have the vastly superior product.
'Soccer' is known as football and is the world game, also the largest playing game in australia and the world??
But leagues got chanel 9 to promote it!!!

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:50 pm

It was $50 for a family ticket too. St Patrick's Day?

wtfl1981

Post by wtfl1981 » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:57 pm

Apparently some member passes did not turn up meaning some people did not go...

I can only put it down to...

- monday night performance
- maybe too warm on eastern side of field (western side was more congested)
- maybe a bit of a overall turn off from fans towards the club after last 12 months
- cost of taking family to footy (an issue everywhere)

WESTS TIGERS FOR LIFE!

Jazza

Post by Jazza » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:58 pm

I honestly think it's the Wanderers, I know more people who go to Wanderers matches then Tigers matches. I think because the Wanderers are all of western Sydney, it has galvanised fans from all parts where as Rugby League fans are so fragmented. I live in Campbelltown and I know a few Dragons fans, a couple of Souths fans, a couple of Brisbane fans, Souths fans and some Dogs fans.
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 7:11 pm

I was there and loved it. Those who chose not to come your lose. Nothing like it live CCCS L/O who cares it's still the best way to watch a game.Great family day out....

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 7:15 pm

still? in 2013 this sort of crap still gets talked abut?wow

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 7:40 pm

I sat in the member's stand this afternoon and can report that there were definitely very many vacant members seats in this stand. Something is wrong if members who have paid money for their seats do not turn up to the match. I think that it just goes to show the fickleness of fans, i.e. lose the round one match -lose faith.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 7:43 pm

No excuse. It is a pathetic crowd whether it be at CSS LO SFS SCG or Jade Stadium.

No sugar coating, no excuses and no blaming one "set" of fans.

As Wests Tigers fans it is a disgrace. Seems the lack of fortitude and fairweather footy of 2012 has transferred to the fanbase

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 7:48 pm

smeghead wrote:No excuse. It is a pathetic crowd whether it be at CSS LO SFS SCG or Jade Stadium.

As Wests Tigers fans it is a disgrace. Seems the lack of fortitude and fairweather footy of 2012 has transferred to the fanbase
If this forum is any guide there is lot of unnecessary negativity out there in the Tigers fanbase.

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 7:52 pm

DREW76 wrote:I wasn't planning on going but my sis wanted to take my nephew.
Cost me $93!
After the effort last week and costs, I can see why people didn't turn up.

Sick of hearing the s*** on here after every match at CSS about LO would of got this, LO would of got that.

Spot on. LO got a good crown vs sharks rnd 1 last year off the back of a bumper season. But last game to make the 8 vs melb and the crowds all gone. Your kidding yourself if you think the way the team is traveling does not have a impact on attendance.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 8:04 pm

Newtown wrote:
smeghead wrote:No excuse. It is a pathetic crowd whether it be at CSS LO SFS SCG or Jade Stadium.

If this forum is any guide there is lot of unnecessary negativity out there in the Tigers fanbase.
Why did you choose the word unnecessary? The negativity has been bred through 7 years of average Footy since we won the comp. We had a coaching structure change and clean out and round 1 proved nothing has changed. Of course people stayed away today.show some pride on the field and the crowds will swell...simple as that.

I call our supporters frustrated rather than fair weather.

Gotoddy

Post by Gotoddy » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 8:29 pm

I traveled from Leichhardt, it was well worth the trip. We had a lovely afternoon sitting in the sun.

I can only assume that people stayed away due to the terrible performance on Monday which is what nearly stopped us from going.

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 8:38 pm

No excuses really. Very poor crowd for the first home game of the season. St Pats day is no excuse. I'd be interested to know what the promotion during the past week or so was like. Was there a presence in the community?? No doubts would've drawn more at Allianz and Leichhardt.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 8:50 pm

always a struggle to get good crowd early in the season,don't know what it is but I expect people are still into their summer activities. Also been plenty of negatives flying around with the drug scandal and topped with a very average start to the season I would think it could keep a few punters away. This team is no longer the pin up poster team of the NRL

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 10:14 pm

I'll agree that it was a poor crowd, but i believe the performance last week had a lot to do with it. What i find funny is how in the lead up to round 1 last yr, all we heard about was the round 1 match on Sunday arvo at Leichhardt, the build-up was massive. This match, while i know wasn't round 1, was still our first home game of the yr, sunday arvo, local derby and no one made a sound a about it. Very disappointing imo

darkie

Post by darkie » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 10:41 pm

tottie wrote:I just left Cambo and am disgusted at the poor crowd, first home game, great weather and not even 10K. What a joke. Come on all the leichhardt haters and tell me we wouldn't have had 18k there today

Yes it was a poor crowd, but why would there have been any more at LO?
The penriff mob was abysmal, reckon only about 500. Why not bag their support?
It's an easy drive & parking at C'town for them.
Why arent the same 18k from LO coming out to C'town?
By the way, average crowds for 2012 LO approx 16000, C'town 13000 not a huge difference. Probably depends on who we are playing.

I think you're about 10 years too late for this post, we've all been there done that, don't give a shyt about it anymore :deadhorse:

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 11:19 pm

Perfect sunny afternoon, two Sydney teams, first home game of the season.

To get under 10,000 was a pathetic effort. Where was everyone?