Crowd

ImageImageImage
GNR4LIFE

Re: Crowd

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 11:38 pm

Obviously didn't want to risk throwing good money down the drain by seeing the same rubbish they watched last week. Just like those same people who chose to stay away last yr in the final round against the Storm with everything on the line after the weak effort the week before against the Roosters

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 3:33 am

Last years first round clash with the Sharks at LO from memory was not a great crowd either. Teams have to earn their support from a lot of punters, its only boof heads like us on the forum who back up week in week out, through good times and bad times, but Iam telling you we are a very small minority

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 4:11 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:I'll agree that it was a poor crowd, but i believe the performance last week had a lot to do with it. What i find funny is how in the lead up to round 1 last yr, all we heard about was the round 1 match on Sunday arvo at Leichhardt, the build-up was massive. This match, while i know wasn't round 1, was still our first home game of the yr, sunday arvo, local derby and no one made a sound a about it. Very disappointing imo
Who is this directed at? The media? WT management? The fans?

Shaken not Stirred

Post by Shaken not Stirred » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 6:25 am

No other word for it other than " pathetic". It's sad to see that this club has so many fair weather fans & bandwagon jumpers.

Discraceful.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

LCA

Post by LCA » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 6:41 am

Tottie really....is this the type of boorish rubbish that a new member here is going to offer up? The Leichardt/Campbelltown thing is long gone so far as the true WT fans go. Get over it! And, if you were there you would have noticed the very small number of Panthers fans present at the game. A crowd is made up of supporters of BOTH teams. Maybe do something meaningful and contact the Panthers club today and ask why their fans didn't turn up, then let us know the response.

genoshan

Post by genoshan » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 7:01 am

Shaken not Stirred wrote:No other word for it other than " pathetic". It's sad to see that this club has so many fair weather fans & bandwagon jumpers.

Discraceful.

Call it that. Some like me are a little disillusioned. I decided not to make the 90 minute drive, after not renewing my membership as a sign that the paying fans demand better from the players and administrators of the club.

Hopefully the $$$ talk and there are improvements. I will always be a fan of the club but until things are changed i CHOOSE to not spend my time and $$$ going to matches.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 7:16 am

genoshan wrote:
Shaken not Stirred wrote:No other word for it other than " pathetic". It's sad to see that this club has so many fair weather fans & bandwagon jumpers.

Discraceful.

Call it that. Some like me are a little disillusioned. I decided not to make the 90 minute drive, after not renewing my membership as a sign that the paying fans demand better from the players and administrators of the club.

Hopefully the $$$ talk and there are improvements. I will always be a fan of the club but until things are changed i CHOOSE to not spend my time and $$$ going to matches.
If Sheens was still there I could understand this, but now?

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 7:24 am

This doesn't need to be turned into a LO vs CSS thing. It is a disgraceful crowd regardless of where it was played.

Two local teams, sunny Sunday afternoon, only 4 home games a year at Campbelltown. I understand we played poorly last week but I expected 13/14K at least.

Last weekend, the Wanderers got almost 16,000 playing a NEW ZEALAND side at Parramatta Stadium. Next week they will play Sydney FC and it is a sellout. If it was played at a bigger stadium I honestly think they would get 40K.

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 7:27 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:Perfect sunny afternoon, two Sydney teams, first home game of the season.

To get under 10,000 was a pathetic effort. Where was everyone?
What do you have to do please the Macarther region. Is it not a rugby league area these days. It can not be economical for WT to play matches there.

Shaken not Stirred

Post by Shaken not Stirred » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 7:32 am

genoshan wrote:

Discraceful.

Sorry buddy i don't agree, i don't think you are or can call your self a fan. The definition of my opinion of a fan is someone who turns up through the good AND bad times. The times when the club needs your support more than ever. It's all very easy to show up when the results are good, it's showing up when the results are not that marks the true supporter.

Otherwise your are just another Easts and Souths fan.

Deano1

Post by Deano1 » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 8:04 am

Was at the game yesterday in the Eastern stand. There was an ENTIRE members bay empty, not a single seat taken until some of the general reserved ticket holders decided to move over and spread out a bit right on kick off. There's a few hundred seats right there that would possibly have been filled in the past.

I also think the lack of Penriff fans at the game had an impact, in the past they've turned up by the bus load....not this time.

PS Some of us fans travel from locations other than Cambo or the inner west to attend these games, the us v's them thing really is pretty infantile.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 8:31 am

Best part of 10,000 after the despicable performance the previous week is not a disaster.

Crowds looked down over the whole weekend. Gold Coast & Manly drew 12,000 and St. George drew 13,000.

Probably important to note the game is under large storm cloud. We are watching teams that could lose 50% or more of their squad due to ASADA, making the competition pointless like on a bigger scale than 2010.

Juro

Post by Juro » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 8:53 am

The one positive of the small crowd was that it was easy to spot my son and me in the crowd when I watched the game on TV last night...
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Gladesville Tiger

Post by Gladesville Tiger » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 8:57 am

The thing that disappointed me the most was seeing the empty members seats both in the Western and Eastern grandstands. Bottom line is that LO on a Sunday arvo is a proven crowd drawing game, no matter who is playing. I have been to CS on many Friday and Saturday nights where the crowd has been great. I think playing to your strengths is what is needed. All this talk about who travels where is garbage. Last time I looked GWS and WSW did not play yesterday so that argument does not wash with me. Members and fans need to pull their fingers out and get to the games, Let's not become like the Roosters and only have a fan base follow the team when they are going well.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 9:25 am

I didnt go......options.

(a)bus from Annandale to city,3dollars 20 mins,train from central to Leumeah 5 dollars 50 mins,5 beers at club25,6 at game 30 bucks,ticket 25 bucks,food twenty bucks,train from Leumeah to central 5 bucks and crowded 50 mins,bus from central to Annandale 20 mins and 3 bucks........time travelled 3 hours.....cash spent....120 clams.

(b)watch it at home on my 60 incher.......11 beers in fridge.cost zero,time travelling,zero.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 9:30 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:Perfect sunny afternoon, two Sydney teams, first home game of the season.

To get under 10,000 was a pathetic effort. Where was everyone?
1800 kms away and working

To make things worse missed the 1st half as Grandstand did Titans v Raiders game

The most unforgivable thing ,wife forgot to tape and missed the first 19 minutes :brick:

2nd time in two seasons ,what should her punishment be ???

Blackandwhite

Post by Blackandwhite » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 9:52 am

I live in Campbelltown and attend as many games as I can no matter where they are and yesterday watching 3 games at home was just a great day out....but that's me.

Would the average Campbelltown person even have known that the Wests Tigers were visiting last week ?

There is always a real buzz about the Wests Tigers playing at Leichhardt that same anticipation just isn't there at Campbelltown. Campbelltown just doesn't feel the same at Leichhardt.

shiretiger

Post by shiretiger » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 10:01 am

supercoach wrote:Last years first round clash with the Sharks at LO from memory was not a great crowd either.
Your memory is wrong.

19,762. http://stats.rleague.com/rl/seas/2012.html#1

Very warm day, near enough to a full house. I got sunburnt.