Crowd

ImageImageImage
Goose

Re: Crowd

Post by Goose » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 10:09 am

I find it hard to get to many games early in the year, still some summer sport commitments, the nice sunny day makes it harder for me to get to games as my wife sees it as an opportunity to "do something". I imagine it is the same for a lot of people, as we get into winter, football has less to compete against.

it is so easy to watch the game at home these days, and in so many ways it really is the best seat in the house.

As for the wanderers, some one mentioned them having an effect, i bet they are.

They are a fantastic organisation, i went to a business breakfast, in which they were guest speakers, after the official preceedings, each of the presenters including Tony Popovic and the CEO, amde a point of talkig to virtually everyone in the room, asking us what we do for a livng, how business was and thanked us for the opportunity for them to speak to us.
NO NRL team would feel they should do that, and wouldn't, you are flat out getting them to turn up, let alone the extras.

Nate DAWG

Post by Nate DAWG » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 10:23 am

What is the point of this thread? To create a LO v CSS contest between Wests Tigers supporters? The poor crowd at Ctown is a Wests Tigers problem, it is a combination of cost, fans not willing to travel to ctown, lack of community buzz leading into clash and the performance last week. This internal us vs them rubbish is tiresome.

:dead

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 10:26 am

Well, with the ASADA cloud, our poor performance and cambo generally getting fewer crowds than LO 10k isn't overly surprising although I would have hoped for 11-12.

Compared to last season vs sharks which was 19k. We were premiership favorites, round 1 so everyone is pumped for the footy again, no drugs cloud and it was a sunday arvo game at LO i believe.

Still a bit disappointing, I wish more people would turn up to games in the NRL in general. I think expanding to Perth is the best thing for the game. Far too many teams on the east coast. Maybe one more in Brisbane too, but that's it for a good 10 years.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Juro

Post by Juro » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 10:59 am

I've taken my son (5 years old) to 2 games so far. His first was the SFS game against the Dragons last year. Bitterly cold night, wind and rain, getting wet even when sitting under shelter. Crowd was 10,546.

Then yesterday, sat on the east concourse in the full sun, 25 degrees, a bit of sunburn to show for it. Crowd was 9,715.

At least we won both games (by 10 each time) but the atmosphere has been underwhelming.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 11:23 am

Blackandwhite wrote:I live in Campbelltown and attend as many games as I can no matter where they are and yesterday watching 3 games at home was just a great day out....but that's me.

Would the average Campbelltown person even have known that the Wests Tigers were visiting last week ?

There is always a real buzz about the Wests Tigers playing at Leichhardt that same anticipation just isn't there at Campbelltown. Campbelltown just doesn't feel the same at Leichhardt.
Great Post...

3 Games of Footy is what most of us have being wanting for a while!

Living on the Sunshine Coast, we still get Broncos Ads leading into 'every' home game and its over 100kms away from Brisbane... It would be great if Wests Tigers made some noise to try and generate a carnival atmosphere in the region. Members Training Day; Get the Council to put up Banners on Light Poles; Local Radio and Newspapers???

Fire Up Wests Tigers Management... Make It Happen!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

TIGERS

Post by TIGERS » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 11:55 am

This current Wests Tigers team are one of the laziest sides in living memory. They almost put Ctown to sleep in the last 15 minutes of the game. WE TOTALLY CLOCKED OFF. Ctown is also getting tired of Watching Penrith, Canberra, and the Warriors nearly every time there is game out West.

30 bucks to sit on the hill at Campbelltown is a bit much as well.

Also for the last 10 years this team has never ever given a damn about trying to win the minor premiership. We're all about trick shots and coming home each season with a wet sail.
Teams do not go physically flat, they go mentally stale...

Staks

Post by Staks » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 1:04 pm

Crowd yesterday was pathetic. An embarraesment to the Wests Tigers.

The Wests Tigers have the biggest bandwagon (so called) supporters in the league. The loyalty of the majority of these fickle people isnt to the Wests Tigers as a club, its to the venue/location of there previous club, always has been, always will (until it is taken away).

In saying that, if the game is heavily marketed in the Macarthur district and incentives given to families then the ground should be packed with locals... (is the club even addressing this growing issue though?) It shoulnt have to rely heavily on those who have to travel a distance to get to the game.

Well done to those who attended.
Wests Tigers -- YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE -- Wests since 1908

Wests - the only team name to feature in every NSWRL/ARL/NRL season since 1908

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 1:44 pm

They have to get smart and try and fill the place even if it means giving a truck load of freebies or probably better making some smart pricing deals, like buy one and get one free etc, or kids free, or what ever.You do this in the hope of turning a half fan into a tragic. You also pick up on merchandising and Iam not sure what arrangements they have with the caters but Iam sure they would get a percentage of gross turn over.

I sometime wonder if the clubs are really concerned about their crowd figures as they draw most of their revenue through the NRL grant, followed by sponsorship deals and where a bumper crowd is a bonus, its not the end of the world

Juro

Post by Juro » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 1:48 pm

One thing that surprised me about the crowd was how quiet everyone was when they were after the game. Normally I see people yelling from their cars, waving flags out windows, honking horns and stuff, but I didn't see any of that yesterday.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 1:57 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:I'll agree that it was a poor crowd, but i believe the performance last week had a lot to do with it. What i find funny is how in the lead up to round 1 last yr, all we heard about was the round 1 match on Sunday arvo at Leichhardt, the build-up was massive. This match, while i know wasn't round 1, was still our first home game of the yr, sunday arvo, local derby and no one made a sound a about it. Very disappointing imo
Who is this directed at? The media? WT management? The fans?
Probably a combination of the whole lot. I don't pay much attention to the media, although constantly hearing Leichhardt is WT's spiritual home and never hearing anything along those lines about Cambo is disappointing. WT's have two spiritual homes, not one.

I remember people on this very forum twelve months ago acting like kids the night before Christmas about the anticipation of Round 1 at Leichhardt, people were pumped and rightly so, however in the lead up to this game, our first home game of the yr, local derby, sunday afternoon, no one made a sound about it, yet people complain about the attendance. Maybe if you embraced the place and got excited about it we might start packing the place out

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 2:01 pm

Damn these Balmain people not embracing Cambelltown,our spiritual home......

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 2:07 pm

Deano1 wrote:Was at the game yesterday in the Eastern stand. There was an ENTIRE members bay empty, not a single seat taken until some of the general reserved ticket holders decided to move over and spread out a bit right on kick off. There's a few hundred seats right there that would possibly have been filled in the past.

I also think the lack of Penriff fans at the game had an impact, in the past they've turned up by the bus load....not this time.

PS Some of us fans travel from locations other than Cambo or the inner west to attend these games, the us v's them thing really is pretty infantile.
Perfectly said, pretty much is the core of what this entire thread is about, bashing Cambo and wanting it known that Leichhardt is superior. This crap just creates an us vs them attitude by saying its up to one demographic of supporters to get there and the others get off scott free. It appears some small minded people like to assume only ex-Wests fans attend Cambo and ex-Balmain fans attend Leichardt, instead of putting the responsibility on WT's fans as a whole. Its been 13 yrs and a lot of people are still to embrace C-town as a significant part of this club, some are even happy to walk away from it. If you haven't embraced C-town than you still haven't fully embraced the JV as far as im concerned

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 2:11 pm

Some people are so sensitive.....it really is disturbing.

I'd be seeking doctor's advice and possible medication.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 2:13 pm

Weren't you a Sheens lover simple Simon? perhaps your in a position to reccomend someone

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 2:15 pm

Shame about the crowd though.....hopefully more turn up next week.....

Gladesville Tiger

Post by Gladesville Tiger » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 2:32 pm

TIGERS wrote:This current Wests Tigers team are one of the laziest sides in living memory. They almost put Ctown to sleep in the last 15 minutes of the game. WE TOTALLY CLOCKED OFF. Ctown is also getting tired of Watching Penrith, Canberra, and the Warriors nearly every time there is game out West.

30 bucks to sit on the hill at Campbelltown is a bit much as well.

Also for the last 10 years this team has never ever given a damn about trying to win the minor premiership. We're all about trick shots and coming home each season with a wet sail.

Delete the warriors and this year we get the Broncos, Manly and Canberra at CS. Surely the draw card of the Broncos and Manly should get the crowd back, or will the fair-weather supporters stay away because on current form we wont beat Manly or Brisbane. Time to stop the excuses and just show up wherever the Wests Tigers play. I travel from the North to watch them at CS, I travel to the SFS and LO, I also travel to most away games barring interstate games. I work, have kids and other commitments. Stop the whining and support the team, become a Member if your not!

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 2:37 pm

The Phantom wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Perfect sunny afternoon, two Sydney teams, first home game of the season.

To get under 10,000 was a pathetic effort. Where was everyone?
What do you have to do please the Macarther region. Is it not a rugby league area these days. It can not be economical for WT to play matches there.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Ask the magpies they couldn't,t do it ..that's from someone that went to the first match in Campbelltown ...scrape these games that caters for the die hard traditionalist because they are fast becoming extinct .Play these games at the SFS and get the 100k for the privilege ..?Time to move on!.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 2:48 pm

Oh, we could beat the broncs. They aren't too flashy this year
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."