Halfback

ImageImageImage
FoxTan

Re: Halfback

Post by FoxTan » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 10:40 pm

With more time and touches of the ball his confidence will grow. Strong try to break through the line. Potter must stick with him!!

Chipofftheoldblock

Post by Chipofftheoldblock » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 10:46 pm

Potter needs to give him more responsibility in directing the side and tell Marshall to stay out wide where he is more dangerous.
I think Miller showed some nice touches and with more game time could develop into the halfback that we need since Prince left.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 10:48 pm

Assuming miller is out who comes in, Brooks? Or a re shuffle

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 10:59 pm

Goose wrote:Assuming miller is out who comes in, Brooks? Or a re shuffle
I think it's far too early for Brooks. If Miller is out I think Anasta and Marshall play in the halves in whatever order Potter thinks is best.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 12:33 am

He definately looked better today, especially when he was taking the line on. I would like to see him get more involved in the kicking though as that is a strength of his.

If he is out, I think Anasta will go into the halves.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Shooshmeister

Post by Shooshmeister » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 12:47 am

Gte the forwards to be rolling forwrad and we will see what talent he has. Although its when the forwards aren't making ground, thats when the top halfbacks come in and make something happen. Hope his ankle is alright.

rossop

Post by rossop » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 7:32 am

I was very critical last week but I thought he went well against Penrith.

cunno

Post by cunno » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 12:39 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Goose wrote:Assuming miller is out who comes in, Brooks? Or a re shuffle
I think it's far too early for Brooks. If Miller is out I think Anasta and Marshall play in the halves in whatever order Potter thinks is best.
I hope Miller plays but if he is out then I agree with your suggestion Yoss.

starling04

Post by starling04 » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 5:32 pm

I was never much of a Miller fan after watching him over the last two years in the U/20's and in first grade but I was impressed yesterday. He was good in defence especially since Penrith were targeting him on the edge of the ruck with their backrowers being directed his way and he continually chose the right options in attack. He took the line on more and was rewarded with a try. I think it will boost his confidence and that he will continue to improve over the season if he stays in first grade. He will become more vocal after time and his organisation skills will improve over the next few games. I was most impressed by his determination to scramble back into the line when he was injured and Penrith were close to our line. He was injured yet still wanted to defend. A pretty gutsy effort that showed his toughness and attitude.

18thman

Post by 18thman » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 10:06 pm

Midway through last season I thought Miller was in the right grade and a lifetime away of being an NRL firstgrader on a regular basis. His steady development in the U/20's towards the backend of last season culminating in a premiership and his game on Sunday has changed my opinion dramatically. With more involvement and experience he will develop nicely to the extent Benji will finally have that halves partner we've missed since Prince. A lot will depend on injuries and how much of a platform the forwards can lay.