BLAIR

ImageImageImage
stevetiger

Re: BLAIR

Post by stevetiger » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 10:18 pm

MacDougall wrote:I like Blair. It's a cliche but he really does do little things that nobody notices. That play to save the try was very clever.
He does some good things. That try saver was huge. He definitely doesn't deserve the money he is getting but while we are paying him he probably deserves a spot in the team.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 10:39 pm

He is not on $500k, thought he was ok today and the huge play on the try saver was super important

hodgo

Post by hodgo » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 11:10 pm

Surely you arent serious the guys does all the 1% on this team only player on the team that chases the kicker and once again saved a try by being the only person in the right place.

I think alot of people are to stuck on the stats its the little things you dont notice. The fact that he dominates his tackles his cover work is great and is always pushing that little bit extra to pressure their kicker.

If you have played league you will know that person on your team that does the little things that make a difference.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 12:36 am

hodgo wrote:Surely you arent serious the guys does all the 1% on this team only player on the team that chases the kicker and once again saved a try by being the only person in the right place.

I think alot of people are to stuck on the stats its the little things you dont notice. The fact that he dominates his tackles his cover work is great and is always pushing that little bit extra to pressure their kicker.

If you have played league you will know that person on your team that does the little things that make a difference.
Good post. Too many people are going of just stats. He didn't get a whole lot of game time but when he did he busted his arse in a fair few areas where they don't record stats.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 1:06 am

Marshall_magic wrote:Blair didn't see a lot of game time today, so his stats are a little misleading in regards to workrate. He came up with a good try saving play, when Penrith were starting to get back into it, but otherwise was forgettable. If I had to guess he probably spent half the game on the bench.
I agree, he did well when on the field.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 7:38 am

Blair gets a lot of criticism on here some of it deserved but mainly undeserved.He is going fine under Potter where he is being used correctly

Post by 2041 » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 9:19 am

I think there are overreactions on both sides of this debate at times. I think he's a decent player and I've got no insight at all regarding his attitude, effort etc - I just don't know. However, whether it's $500k or not it seems pretty clear after a year and a bit that he's chewing up too much of our cap for what we're getting in return. Not his fault of course but there you go.

If we could persuade someone to take him off our hands ("and we'll throw in Moltzen and Anasta - free!") then it would be a win - not because he's outright bad but because we could do better with the cash (if we didn't have a jar of peanut butter as a recruitment manager).

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 10:23 am

I think that's it. We could do better with 500k out of the salary cap. A best he is an average player.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!