ImageImageImage
Frank the tank

BLAIR

Post by Frank the tank » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:19 pm

Big Adam's Stats today:

9 hit ups for 67m

12 tackles with 2 missed tackles.

Seriously?

Is he injured, or just taking he piss? I can't even remember seeing him on the field today.

Surely we can't carry this guy for much longer.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

dermo

Post by dermo » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:22 pm

he didn't play a whole lot of minutes, he had a solid game IMO

1974semifinal

Post by 1974semifinal » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:25 pm

Agreed...my opinion of this player should be known on this site. As said on another thread,,,the laziest most overpaid player I have ever seen.. he has to go.

ball main

Post by ball main » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:25 pm

I can't handle watching anymore. What a waste of money. I had hoped he would come good but I've seen enough to know he's a total dud

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:26 pm

Both Blair & Anasta have very low work rates for their respective positions,& Fulton pretty much carries them both.
Potter will realise this sooner rather than later & has given them opprtunities to show their stuff,but you can expect to see Pettybourne and/or BMM in starting line up if were going to go close to competing in the forwards

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:30 pm

I thought Blair was good today played less minutes but was good when he was on . I though Anasta was disappointing and Fulton was solid but he gets 80 mins so his stats will always be better. I say Anasta to bench, pettybourne to start and Bmm to continue playing more minutes, Fulton to get a break

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:35 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:I thought Blair was good today played less minutes but was good when he was on . I though Anasta was disappointing and Fulton was solid but he gets 80 mins so his stats will always be better. I say Anasta to bench, pettybourne to start and Bmm to continue playing more minutes, Fulton to get a break
I agree, I thought he was effective when on. Not outstanding but did a good job.

Demonborger

Post by Demonborger » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:39 pm

Pettybourne in 20mins did more than the rest did in the entire game (cept for BMM)

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:48 pm

Blair didn't see a lot of game time today, so his stats are a little misleading in regards to workrate. He came up with a good try saving play, when Penrith were starting to get back into it, but otherwise was forgettable. If I had to guess he probably spent half the game on the bench.

ball main

Post by ball main » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 7:20 pm

Sabre wrote:
Boonboon2 wrote:I thought Blair was good today played less minutes but was good when he was on . I though Anasta was disappointing and Fulton was solid but he gets 80 mins so his stats will always be better. I say Anasta to bench, pettybourne to start and Bmm to continue playing more minutes, Fulton to get a break
I agree, I thought he was effective when on. Not outstanding but did a good job.
Not good enough to a good job. . He wasn't signed for good money he was signed for exceptional money so I expect to play exceptional and more consistent. I don't think he has any more improvement in him.
His signing is up there with Nick Graham

benji#6

Post by benji#6 » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 7:24 pm

I thought he was good again today. Good last week as well. Good to see him spend some time on the bench. He is not an 80min player.

mikey

Post by mikey » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 7:39 pm

X Whoever said the same. He weren't great but he weren't bad.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 7:40 pm

We bought the wrong Storm forward. Sika Manu is a much better player at half the price.

Phantomlock

Post by Phantomlock » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 8:43 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:We bought the wrong Storm forward. Sika Manu is a much better player at half the price.
My thoughts exactly! Never been a real fan of Manu but today he was dominant.

Blair might be trying too hard...

PL

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 9:14 pm

Guys for me this is very simple. I'm not even that angry at Blair, I think he is trying and plays close to his ability. Im sure he will improve a little bit from last year and play a few strong games.
Problem is he is just an average backrower on 500K, that is a mega roster mistake. He lacks talent for me. Melbourne Storm has 3 superstars and a wonderful track record at getting average players to play a role get every single ounce of talent out of them.

All is settling into the game style is just garbage for me. These guys have 5 month pre seasons!! Rugby League is a pretty simple game. I reckon Blair is training really hard and providing good leadership off the field and his attitude is probably spot on. However like Anasta he just doesn't really cut it as a modern day top rate back rower.

Now exposed in a side without the winning culture of the Storm., Signing this guy for 500K when he doesn't play a key position was always going to be a disaster.. Thanks SHEENS.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 9:16 pm

I like Blair. It's a cliche but he really does do little things that nobody notices. That play to save the try was very clever.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 9:59 pm

MacDougall wrote:I like Blair. It's a cliche but he really does do little things that nobody notices. That play to save the try was very clever.
I agree. People look back on the game and count metres or try assists as the only measurements of a good display.

Blair did coast last year, but today he was energetic and applied himself. His play-the-balls were quick, his cover was good and he took a few solid hitups.

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 10:10 pm

1974semifinal wrote:Agreed...my opinion of this player should be known on this site. As said on another thread,,,the laziest most overpaid player I have ever seen.. he has to go.
Did you watch the game?

2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...