Anasta

ImageImageImage
Eddie

Anasta

Post by Eddie » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:37 pm

The guy looks lost out there. Playing as a left edge second rower, he just doesn't have it in him. He does not have the tools to be a big, strong second rower the way most good ones are these days. I don't see him having any game where he is going to run the ball out of his own half or have any 100M games, even 60m games might be a struggle. Then when he went to play 5/8 in the last 25 minutes Farah and Benji kept brushing him. He barely got a touch. I thought he should have been given some sort of kicking role, but was barely sighted.

I talked in pre season about back row balance and how there is no way in the world we can start with Fulton, Anasta and Blair. Looks like we are and we are losing the territory battle easily. Lets be honest today was nothing more then a gutsy, scrappy win against a painfully average Panthers side. A nice bounce back in, what I see all the same problems arising soon enough when faced with quality.

Theres a few things you could do interested to see peoples thoughts. Personally i just don't think he can cut it in the 2nd row. I would consider playing him at lock where he can rove, although then I would need to find some more size in the 2nd row to compensate for the lack of yardage Anasta will make. His best position in 5/8 and maybe if Miller is injured that solves the issue for a few weeks as you can slot Marshall into halfback (which he is basically doing anyway)

1. Continue as a starting second rower on the left edge, give it time to come good.
2. Play him at lock and give him more of a roving commission with a bit of ball playing
3. Drop him to the bench and part of the rotation
4. Play with in his preferred position in the halves with Benji
Last edited by Eddie on Sun 17 Mar, 2013 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wagga Tiger

Post by Wagga Tiger » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:40 pm

Lock in number 3 Eddie.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:45 pm

He was one of my low lights for today...just not involved hardly at all. Having said that I still think he can offer something leadership wise to the team. Maybe it is just the settling in period...maybe this is all he has left....I'll choose number 2 for now but will soon move on to 3 if nothing improves.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:48 pm

Yeah I reckon on the bench or at lock would be better for Anasta for now. I think he needs some time to settle in here. He is a strong leader and playmaker, trying to fit into a team that is totally Benji/Robbie centric - it will take him time to find his place, imo.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:52 pm

was he out there?
It may take some time to settle in but we went a whole season last year with 'not settled in yet' as Blair's excuse. Blair is slowly starting to come good but Anasta is not worth persevering with for a whole season before sending him to reggies to adjust.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:53 pm

May replace Miller for a few weeks if the ankle is a problem

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

LeichhardtTiger

Post by LeichhardtTiger » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:54 pm

I think he made a run about the 75th minute.
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:56 pm

He is a 5/8! Not a forward, maybe playing at lock behind a big dominant forward pack........maybe.

He is a sheens purchase fom last year because sheens wasn't going to play miller, EVER. And now we are stuck with him and don't really know what to do with him.

I believe he could work as a bench player, no way in hell he is a starting second rower.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 7:03 pm

softlaw wrote:was he out there?
It may take some time to settle in but we went a whole season last year with 'not settled in yet' as Blair's excuse. Blair is slowly starting to come good but Anasta is not worth persevering with for a whole season before sending him to reggies to adjust.
Came off just before Miller's try for BMM (around the half hour mark), didn't come back on until Jacob Miller came off just before the hour mark. Would have played around 50 minutes today.

ball main

Post by ball main » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 7:05 pm

He did look lost at times Today. I dont Think potter knows how to play him.
He needs to play as a lock. He will offer a lot more than Blair. IMO Blair should move into the front row so he can just run straight AND hard.
I Agree F&M ignored him today. I still think he has a lot to offer. He's a winner who will never dog it unlike Blair. Give him to time. He'll come good

jimmyz

Post by jimmyz » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 7:10 pm

Between Anasta Blair and Fulton they couldn't break the water if they fell out if a boat, totally useless when it comes to running the ball . Worst back row in comp.

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 7:24 pm

Hopefully he will get dropped. I've never seen a worse Tigers player ever. There's nothing he offers. He's too slow, too small, doesn't have enough skill and his leadership is drastically overrated. We do not need another liability.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 7:34 pm

this is everything lots of Roosters supporters have been saying for some time.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 7:38 pm

A parting gift from Sheens. He is absolutely awful.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 7:43 pm

ball main wrote:He did look lost at times Today. I dont Think potter knows how to play him.
He needs to play as a lock. He will offer a lot more than Blair. IMO Blair should move into the front row so he can just run straight AND hard.
I Agree F&M ignored him today. I still think he has a lot to offer. He's a winner who will never dog it unlike Blair. Give him to time. He'll come good

Blair may well be playing front row next week now Galloway is gone for an extended period again, so maybe Anasta can slip into lock with Pettybourne and Fulton in the back row. Although I'd rather Bell start as lock, tbh.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 7:51 pm

Give him time.... He is a competitior and a proud footballer he will end up being integral to this team the back end of the season once he fits into our style of play, good link to the backs imo

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 7:59 pm

Roosterman come back all is forgiven....Anasta has offered little first 2 games...

willow

Post by willow » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 8:25 pm

Non involvement at all out there. If he starts against Parramatta I'll be surprised because BMM and Pettybourne made him look third rate with their performances off the bench today. Time for BMM to get a start and get Thompson on the bench when he returns from suspension.