Potter

ImageImageImage
Eddie

Potter

Post by Eddie » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 8:11 pm

Well done to the coach on getting his first win. It was only a win against an average Panthers, however a very important one for the confidence of the team. If we can get another "softish" win next week at Leichhardt at least we can attack the season with a couple of wins under our belts. Obviously he has come in in difficult circumstances with no say on the player roster, a roster with some holes in it and an inherited coaching staff and low budget.

I have always though a team to an extent can become an extension of the personality and characteristics of a coach. Also was interested in the game plan he was going to put in place. At this very early stage it is hard to see anything different we are doing??. Interested if people are noticing anything he might have put in place?? Obviously things will take time to bed down and a few traits of Potter or tactics of Potter might come into play.

At the minute he seems to be taking the softly, softly approach giving the inherited squad a clean slate to prove themselves with a similar game plan that they are used to. Which is not a surprise really and probably the safe way of going about things. I have been a little surprised the amount of general field kicking Benji is still doing, and it;s clear him and Robbie are still very dominant.

I just hope to got he is not like Sheens and keeps selecting players when it is clear that are struggling and inconsistent. I mean a home win against an average Panthers does not mean that the back row of Fulton, Anasta and Blair should continue. This needs urgent attntion especially with Galloway out for potentially the season. The good sides will DESTROY us with a back low with no meters in it.

Anyway well done on the win. Just wanted to know if anyone is picking up anything different so far from the new coach?? Things you like? THings you don't like??

Pokies

Post by Pokies » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 9:16 pm

Still looks to be the same type of structure we have used over the past 4-5 seasons. Think it will take Potter the best part of the season to get his own playing style impressed onto the team.
Minor things I have noticed so far:
Players are looking to offload more than they did under sheens.
Far less running straight at the markers.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 9:57 pm

More offloading definitely, also what potter has been talking about which is earning the right to play in their 20, building pressure and a generally more structured game with some tiger flair still present through players taking on the line (e.g. benji and miller and koro). Sheens was far too liberal with letting benji do whatever he wanted, whether that was a flickpass to the touchie or a miracle try to win the game. Potter is far more structured.

we'll be better able to gauge potter's coaching in 2months i think. A lot of the preseason was obviously general fitness, no ball. Plus the 2months break (i think) they get after the season ends.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 12:15 am

Potter as a coach shouldn't really be judged until later in the season.

I like that the players are looking to offload more though. Woods and Blair are 2 guys who can get one away and I think for the most part the backline are fairly good support players.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Shooshmeister

Post by Shooshmeister » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 1:00 am

If they are promoting offloads, we need a fullback that is going to follow them for the occasional offload. This I believe is the yound Tedessco. Hopefully in a month or 2 we will start to see some of Potters influence, it can only improve our game.