The highlight reel

ImageImageImage
TIGER

The highlight reel

Post by TIGER » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 9:22 am

That flick pass
A perfect example of how It's more important for Benji to leave behind a fancy highlight package of himself than it is for his team to win a game.

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 9:28 am

I replayed that several times and I'm sure he would have made it. It's easy to be a arm chair critic butttt I really believe it was not the option for him to take.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 9:29 am

Mate, you are clearly a Benji hater. Your posts on other threads are ridiculous as well.

Benji is the best thing to happen to this club since ever.

Build a bridge and get over it.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 9:32 am

bigsiro wrote:Mate, you are clearly a Benji hater. Your posts on other threads are ridiculous as well.

x2.

barra

Post by barra » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 9:39 am

simonthetiger wrote:
bigsiro wrote:Mate, you are clearly a Benji hater. Your posts on other threads are ridiculous as well.

x2.
X3
Sorry Tiger, but have really been noticing this lately too!

willow

Post by willow » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 10:10 am

TIGER wrote:That flick pass
A perfect example of how It's more important for Benji to leave behind a fancy highlight package of himself than it is for his team to win a game.
Take the blinkers off. You can clearly see in one of the replays showing Benji looking at Marika and setting himself up for the flick pass and Marika changed direction at the last instant when Benji popped it up. You can't see past your hatred of Benji which is just sad.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 10:19 am

I think the cover had him, Benji isn't really going to drag defenders over the line. The point Potter was making in the presso is that could have been the time for a flick, but it also could have been a better time to take the tackle and try to score on the next play.

We scored 2-3 tries on the back of plays that almost yielded tries.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 10:19 am

Like I've said before and will continue to say, when he starts playing for his team and cuts out the crap I might start to change my opinion. The amount of times iv'e seen him turn over possession or blow a try because he's throwing a no look pass or trying some trick when a simple pass would of been fine and would of meant we score for sure, tells me he is a show pony who is only interested in leaving a pretty highlight package behind once his career is over. I suppose you all think he had a great game yesterday because he stepped a few players while running cross field threw a basketball pass and a flick in the one play and caught the ball and fell over the line to score.
He never took the line on! He's our most highly paid player he's meant to be a superstar but he never plays like one. When he's quiet you all blame someone else for it, when he plays crap its our forwards fault. He's had 2 good seasons in his career so far the rest he's pulled the wool over everyones eyes.
Great touch player though

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 11:07 am

I'm sorry but SHUT UP. You clearly just watched the news' summary of the game and not the whole 80min if you think that's all benji did. He might not be our most consistent but when he is on he IS ON.
Last edited by pHyR3 on Mon 18 Mar, 2013 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 11:17 am

TIGER wrote:Like I've said before and will continue to say, when he starts playing for his team and cuts out the crap I might start to change my opinion. The amount of times iv'e seen him turn over possession or blow a try because he's throwing a no look pass or trying some trick when a simple pass would of been fine and would of meant we score for sure, tells me he is a show pony who is only interested in leaving a pretty highlight package behind once his career is over. I suppose you all think he had a great game yesterday because he stepped a few players while running cross field threw a basketball pass and a flick in the one play and caught the ball and fell over the line to score.
He never took the line on! He's our most highly paid player he's meant to be a superstar but he never plays like one. When he's quiet you all blame someone else for it, when he plays crap its our forwards fault. He's had 2 good seasons in his career so far the rest he's pulled the wool over everyones eyes.
Great touch player though
I've had my shots at Benji also , but he was Ok yesterday I thought The thing that did impress me at one stage he was the first player to get down for a kick chase and he made a good solid hit

He had a go yesterday and thats all we can ask Potter was right ,take the tackle set yourself for a quick play the ball and let Robbie do the rest and we score I even think if he had let himself roll with the tackle momentum would of got hom over the line

My question of Benji will come when we play Melbourne and Manly This is when we need him at his best

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 11:22 am

willow wrote:
Take the blinkers off. You can clearly see in one of the replays showing Benji looking at Marika and setting himself up for the flick pass and Marika changed direction at the last instant when Benji popped it up. You can't see past your hatred of Benji which is just sad.

Thats how I saw it too.......Koro just didnt read it and changed direction,IMO the pass was on,and it was pefect.Would have been a try for sure.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 11:23 am

pHyR3 wrote:I'm sorry but please shut up. You clearly just watched the news' summary of the game and not the whole 80min if you think that's all benji did. He might not be our most consistent but when he is on he IS ON.

Agree with this post but I wouldnt have said please and caps locked the shut up.

That is all....... :D

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 11:26 am

Editted for simon ;)
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 3:05 pm

pHyR3 wrote:I'm sorry but SHUT UP. You clearly just watched the news' summary of the game and not the whole 80min if you think that's all benji did. He might not be our most consistent but when he is on he IS ON.
The fact you have to tell someone to shut up on a forum just for calling things as they see them, tells me what kind of person you are.
For your info I watch every game closely in fact maybe too closely. Are you saying Benji was ON yesterday? Because if that's your version of ON then you have serious issues.
I can count on one hand the amount of games in the last 5 years in which he has been ON! If you are happy with us being inconsistent and finishing down the ladder in exchange to see Benji have a few ON games a year then I have nothing to say except you enjoy watching highlights more than supporting a team that genuinely has a chance at challenging for the title every year.
That is what I want and I think every WT fan should want just a competive team with a realistic chance but sadly the truth is with Benji pulling the trigger we will never have it and you know it.

Post by Guest » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 3:36 pm

simonthetiger wrote:
willow wrote:

Thats how I saw it too.......Koro just didnt read it and changed direction,IMO the pass was on,and it was pefect.Would have been a try for sure.

That's exactly what happened! If koro keeps the same line he gets the ball and scores. The play was on, a small mistake meant the ball was less than 5 cm away from being perfect. Remember koro is still learning the game, any other player there and the play works.. I have no issues with benji attempting the pass then. BTW benji would not have made it on his own. He does not have enough mass to get over the line in that situation.

TIGERS

Post by TIGERS » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 3:44 pm

5 x WT Tries yesterday.

1. A quick tap. (Farah and Marshall)
2. Simple Backrower Offload and a bit of nimble footwork from HB. (BMM and Miller)
3 Flat pass + Hit and Spin (Farah and Woods)
4 Flat pass + Hit and Spin (Farah and Woods)
5. Grubber Kick and Chase. (Marshall and Kobo).

Nothing magical. Imagine if we hadn't spilled the ball so many times. (or interceptions) A few more repeat sets than what we had and we couldve scored another couple of tries. Suddenly its 40 to 12 or whatever and everyone is a bit more excited about the season.

Benji and Robbie's skill should be the 10% cherry on top that gets us over the edge. Not the foundation of our gameplan. My point is that the razzle dazzle has rarely won us games.
Teams do not go physically flat, they go mentally stale...

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 3:53 pm

Guest wrote:
simonthetiger wrote:
willow wrote:

That's exactly what happened! If koro keeps the same line he gets the ball and scores. The play was on, a small mistake meant the ball was less than 5 cm away from being perfect. Remember koro is still learning the game, any other player there and the play works.. I have no issues with benji attempting the pass then. BTW benji would not have made it on his own. He does not have enough mass to get over the line in that situation.

Hey guest...you have me quoting something I did not say.....any chance of editing that pls??

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 5:02 pm

I thought that pass was on and should have been taken.