The highlight reel

ImageImageImage
Peaches

The highlight reel

Post by Peaches » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 5:39 pm

stevetiger wrote:I thought that pass was on and should have been taken.
If Koro keeps the same line he catches the ball clean and probably goes over. Unfortunately the split second where Benji decided the flick pass was on, Koro cut to the outside. An unfortunate incident but the pass was on. Just one of those things.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 5:59 pm

You are conveniently leaving out the fact that the whole movement leading up to that was created by Marshal. The pass was on and Koro should have scored under the posts. Give him a few more games to understand Benji and this will happen. I remember Tuiaki spilling a lot of those passes as well until he figured out where to position himself for them.

Benji is in the side for his creative attacking prowess. Yesterday he started running the ball, jinking and stepping at the line. The tackle Happy was talking about was a downtown kick put in by Benj and then he was first on the scene and made the tackle. He wasnt on 100% but it was a round 2 game. He is starting to get back to what makes him so dangerous. Take the brilliant flicks and such out of his game and he has little else.

HE IS OUR ATTACKING WEAPON....you can not knock him on yesterdays effort.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 6:13 pm

He led a lot of the kick chases to...peeps never seem to notice this......but wasnt it great to see him jinking again in broken field,reminded me of 05.

Fantastic!!

shapmar

Post by shapmar » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 6:58 pm

stryker wrote:You are conveniently leaving out the fact that the whole movement leading up to that was created by Marshal. The pass was on and Koro should have scored under the posts. Give him a few more games to understand Benji and this will happen. I remember Tuiaki spilling a lot of those passes as well until he figured out where to position himself for them.

Benji is in the side for his creative attacking prowess. Yesterday he started running the ball, jinking and stepping at the line. The tackle Happy was talking about was a downtown kick put in by Benj and then he was first on the scene and made the tackle. He wasnt on 100% but it was a round 2 game. He is starting to get back to what makes him so dangerous. Take the brilliant flicks and such out of his game and he has little else.

HE IS OUR ATTACKING WEAPON....you can not knock him on yesterdays effort.
I 2nd all that... Saying he's more concerned about his highlight pkg than the team winning is imbecilic.. That's his style, I for one love it.. There's bigger things to be worried about such as moltzen passing on the line TWICE after un characteristically taking the ball on the full. Not necessary.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 7:33 pm

Guest wrote:
simonthetiger wrote:
willow wrote:
TIGER wrote:That flick pass
A perfect example of how It's more important for Benji to leave behind a fancy highlight package of himself than it is for his team to win a game.
Take the blinkers off. You can clearly see in one of the replays showing Benji looking at Marika and setting himself up for the flick pass and Marika changed direction at the last instant when Benji popped it up. You can't see past your hatred of Benji which is just sad.

Thats how I saw it too.......Koro just didnt read it and changed direction,IMO the pass was on,and it was pefect.Would have been a try for sure.

That's exactly what happened! If koro keeps the same line he gets the ball and scores.
That's exactly my gripe, the fact he was thinking flick pass instead of pinning his ears and going himself, if he didn't make it then get up and play the ball and we score on the next play.
The play was on, a small mistake meant the ball was less than 5 cm away from being
perfect. Remember koro is still learning the game, any other player there and the play works.. I have no issues with benji attempting the pass then. BTW benji would not have made it on his own. He does not have enough mass to get over the line in that situation.