The win + Farah

ImageImageImage
bigsiro

The win + Farah

Post by bigsiro » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 9:24 am

Firstly, I think we won yesterday against a pretty terrible Penrith side. It was hardly convincing and I think we could have scored a lot more points if we took some better options. Miller is getting experience and Benji was good without being outstanding. But truthfully I thought it was Farah who could have done a whole lot better.
He set-up 3 tries and is obviously a central figure in our team, but I thought he was average yesterday.
There were stages in the game yesterday where Robbie took some really bad options. Numerous times where we had overlaps (eg. 48 min) he went the other way; kicks way too early in the tackle count, goes to halfback role when we have Benji, Miller and Anasta. I never see Cameron Smith doing this.

I just think it is unfair to always criticize the usual suspects when a lot of the play is determined by Farah and even though I wear my "Farah is an absolute freakin legend who can do no wrong" goggles most of time, I try to remain objective.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 9:27 am

I must have been watching a different game.....

barra

Post by barra » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 9:44 am

Actually I agree, Robbie was again trying too hard for a while yesterday which he needs to stop doing. He is a great player and needs to let the team help him.

But after he made that selfish run from dummy half and then offloaded an unnecessary intercept pass which surrendered great field position and an excellent scoring opportunity, he did seem to start thinking about things a lot better. So that was good to see.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 9:51 am

It is going to take a little bit of time for the entire side to change old habbits.

I think I and many others threw this thought out the window due to the severity of the capitulation last Monday night.

The more Miller stepped up the more Farah picked his moments yesterday and the more Benji freewheeled and ran. I don't like to pressure the kid but the sollution to our attacking structure is Jacob pure and simple.

Robbie took a few selfish running options but these are options that pay off much of the time. The passing game I disagree to a point as Penrith were really rushing the fringe wanting us to play them up the guts and we couldn't afford any more turnovers.

Time is what it will take

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 9:53 am

Real mixed bag from Robbie, a couple of terrible plays, the kick on the second looking for a 40-20 and the dart from Dummy half when we has them shot to bits on the left were particuarly bad.

He did however defend brillantly and made some very good DH runs and got us going a number of times.

Mixed bag. If Benji had the same game, people tende to focus on his mistakes more than they do Robbie's (prob cause Benji has more mixed bag games than anyone)

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 9:59 am

I agree with both of you all - mainly smeg. We need Miller and we need patience.

I will be glad when we graduate from Miller-Light to the full strength version.

The Indiana Pacers used to have "Miller-time" - maybe we will have to start making our own signs soon?
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

jerry maguire

Post by jerry maguire » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 12:01 pm

i agree that Farah played OK but took some wrong options. I still get the feeling that Marshall and Farah dont get on as good as they could which at times may have some influence on what happens on the field.
SHOW ME THE MONEY

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 12:04 pm

Farah did take some wrong options, but was still our best player... No Robbie yesterday and we wouldnt of won!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 12:24 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:Farah did take some wrong options, but was still our best player... No Robbie yesterday and we wouldnt of won!
Yesssss.............

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 12:32 pm

Yeah I look at Robbie yesterday and think it was a mixed bag too. After Miller went off though I did think Farah felt the need to step up and this was where he took a few wrong options. Perhaps we put it down to early season form though. Overall though, he was superb yesterday.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 12:35 pm

You'd be loving him if you took him as captain in yer supercoach as I did of course.

His stats were off the radar!!!

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Mon 18 Mar, 2013 5:34 pm

Robbie had a Benji day

Posted using RoarFEED 2013