The old girl

ImageImageImage
Juro

Re: The old girl

Post by Juro » Tue 19 Mar, 2013 11:19 am

Considering we were touched up in our last 2 games at Leichhardt, and only scraped home in the other 2 games last year, we need more than just the ground or the crowd to win the game.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 19 Mar, 2013 11:59 am

Winnipeg wrote:the last game against Parra at LO that I remember going to was the last ever Balmain game there, we beat em 20-10

there's no doubting Parra will be a tougher test than Penrith were, hopefully our improvement continues and we can come out on top

Worst conditions that I have ever seen at a footy game.....rain,wind,it was cyclonic.

Juro

Post by Juro » Tue 19 Mar, 2013 2:20 pm

simonthetiger wrote:
Winnipeg wrote:the last game against Parra at LO that I remember going to was the last ever Balmain game there, we beat em 20-10

there's no doubting Parra will be a tougher test than Penrith were, hopefully our improvement continues and we can come out on top

Worst conditions that I have ever seen at a footy game.....rain,wind,it was cyclonic.
That was the first game I ever took my girlfriend to. Standing at the foot of the hill, with the water flowing over our feet. Early try to the eels and I was wondering if I was mad bringing her. But the feeling when we got on top (the team that is...) was so good that she was asking to go back the following week. No wonder I married her...
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Tue 19 Mar, 2013 3:37 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:Dont forget the spiritual connection the old girl has with Wests Magpies.
We won the Amco Cup there - our only silverware of late no thanks to Greg Hartley.

Don't forget the minor premiership in 1978.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 19 Mar, 2013 4:00 pm

hell no!
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

TIGERS

Post by TIGERS » Wed 20 Mar, 2013 4:44 pm

Juro wrote:Considering we were touched up in our last 2 games at Leichhardt, and only scraped home in the other 2 games last year, we need more than just the ground or the crowd to win the game.
I think you'll find that whenever we play at Leichhardt our team is blessed with a magical power that makes them immune from defeat. Unless of course someone is injured or we play a team that is better than us.
Teams do not go physically flat, they go mentally stale...

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Thu 21 Mar, 2013 12:53 pm

i dont think any team is better than us they just want to win more. They're hungrier.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Thu 21 Mar, 2013 1:02 pm

simonthetiger wrote:

Yeah it was dismal. Didn't someone get hypothermia on the bench? I remember I had the heater on for about 10 minutes before I could move my hands enough to drive... Just bucketed down all game. Only worse weather I can remember is a Manly game during the 80s when it hailed and they actually thought of calling off the game. Lost on a dud refereeing decision - some things don't change...

mtd

Post by mtd » Thu 21 Mar, 2013 1:19 pm

tigerbalm wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:nothing wrong with her 20,000 vs 10,000 at cambo

Jesus, let it go.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
bites begin before the bait hits the water..
its funny...
adds character to the forum..
wish this place was more like LU and opinions/baiting could flow freely, like the real world.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Thu 21 Mar, 2013 1:31 pm

Yossarian wrote:
simonthetiger wrote:

Yeah it was dismal. Didn't someone get hypothermia on the bench? I remember I had the heater on for about 10 minutes before I could move my hands enough to drive... Just bucketed down all game. Only worse weather I can remember is a Manly game during the 80s when it hailed and they actually thought of calling off the game. Lost on a dud refereeing decision - some things don't change...
I was at both games.....it did hail at the Manly game but the sun was out...the all bolted off and nearly didnt come back out.But the Parra game was ridiculous...players had there hands in hot buckets so they could feel their fingers,and there were trainers everywhere washing mud out of their eyes.From memory Senter actually had frosbite/hypothermia or something of the like.

Balmainboydug

Post by Balmainboydug » Thu 21 Mar, 2013 1:59 pm

Robbie signing a new contract and playing at HOME !!!

2012 was never about the game but what we lost , family is everything to Balmain people , we will TURN UP !

2013 is a year we scrape and scratch our way over the line and lets just learn to take the two points on offer (conversions) build some momentum and click click CLICK.

Tigers in a gritty win , for a loyal captain and balmainboy.

Oh and G'day to the Glenquarie Tigers.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Thu 21 Mar, 2013 3:44 pm

Yossarian wrote:
simonthetiger wrote:

this is very strange, I remember the rain but don't recall it being particularly unpleasant

maybe there was alcohol involved