Ava Seumanufagai

ImageImageImage
softlaw

Ava Seumanufagai

Post by softlaw » Tue 19 Mar, 2013 5:59 pm

Well, seeing as he's been named as Keefy's replacement off the bench - what's he like?

btw, great to see Potter replace a prop with a prop!
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Tue 19 Mar, 2013 6:14 pm

Saw him in the state cup final last year for Balmain. Was impressed by his work rate for a big fella. From memory he looked threatening and always an offload chance. Think he trained full-time with the NRL squad over the summer, so hopefully has improved too.

Congrats Ava on your debut. Go tigers!

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Tue 19 Mar, 2013 6:24 pm

Plays pretty similarly to Galloway tbh. Obviously a bit rougher but same sort of style.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Tue 19 Mar, 2013 7:58 pm

MacDougall wrote:Plays pretty similarly to Galloway tbh. Obviously a bit rougher but same sort of style.

I hope you are spot on there.....Gee how refreshing to see a PROP replacing PROP!...Sheens would've had Fulton playing PROP this week....(he played him everywhere else!!)

BenjiMagic96

Post by BenjiMagic96 » Tue 19 Mar, 2013 8:03 pm

It would have been Blair at prop

willow

Post by willow » Tue 19 Mar, 2013 8:18 pm

Good to see him get his chance, I like his style of play although I think both Woods and Buchanan will play big minutes. Ava will hopefully add some good go forward off the bench when he gets his chance.

LCA

Post by LCA » Tue 19 Mar, 2013 8:38 pm

What a terrible irony. Mosese is touted for NRL this year and gets a pec injury in the gym. His response (allegedly) is a catastrophe. Now Galloway has a pec injury and it opens up the chance for an aspiring forward. But, no Mosese....... unbelievable.

Demonborger

Post by Demonborger » Tue 19 Mar, 2013 8:54 pm

Worrying amount of pec injuries, something related to how they train?

It's so so sad, if Mosese had a different day he could've been running out this friday :(

willow

Post by willow » Tue 19 Mar, 2013 9:06 pm

Demonborger wrote:Worrying amount of pec injuries, something related to how they train?

It's so so sad, if Mosese had a different day he could've been running out this friday :(
Might be a case of pushing too hard in the gym, combined with low bodyfat levels and the intensity at which they train and play...Quite a few players have torn their pecs over the last few years. Luke Bailey did his a few years ago, I think Geoff Daniela is another.

galea#11

Post by galea#11 » Tue 19 Mar, 2013 9:10 pm

there is also alot of knee injuries maybe to much running ?? there are also alot of players that Dont have pec injuries !

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 19 Mar, 2013 9:20 pm

willow wrote:
Demonborger wrote:Worrying amount of pec injuries, something related to how they train?

Might be a case of pushing too hard in the gym, combined with low bodyfat levels and the intensity at which they train and play...Quite a few players have torn their pecs over the last few years. Luke Bailey did his a few years ago, I think Geoff Daniela is another.
Gasnier as well Bailey did his twice I believe

tigertye

Post by tigertye » Tue 19 Mar, 2013 9:27 pm

willow wrote:

I've done 12 years of Muay Thai, and now 6 of MMA. It's fairly common in both with the speed of movement and of course the wrestling side of MMA. I had a chat to my trainer about it tonight and he believes it's due to the amount of wrestle in the game, but mainly a lot to do with the fact that NRL players are generally bigger, faster and pure athletes in general. Their getting harder to stop and harder to get down and their bodies are constantly getting hammered and eventually they're injured.

I'm no medical expert or anything but it does make a lot of sense. Imagine Inglis bringing the ball back at full pace and 105kg. Just trying to slow the guy down has a high risk of tearing a muscle or worse.

Galloways injury looked like an acute one caused by swinging and his weight bearing forward. Similar to tearing ligaments in an ankle when you suddenly roll over on it. Just a different muscle. I think his injury was just a case of bad luck from being moved into the wrong position in the tackle.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 19 Mar, 2013 9:35 pm

softlaw wrote:Well, seeing as he's been named as Keefy's replacement off the bench - what's he like?

btw, great to see Potter replace a prop with a prop!
Isnt it crazy when you think about it

Sheens had 20 odd years experience as a coach and would get a fringe second rower to replace a prop

Potter is at game 3 and replaces a prop with a prop

Funny that when you think and act logically that things make sense

Good luck Ava on debut hope you have a solid game and just work your butt off for the side Could be career defining situation for you

Phantomlock

Post by Phantomlock » Wed 20 Mar, 2013 4:50 am

Great to see another young prop get his chance. Impressed me last year and has worked very hard in the offseason!

I'm sure Ava will seize this opportunity the way Jack did. Both are awesome prospects for the club.

PL

Tiger_Al

Post by Tiger_Al » Wed 20 Mar, 2013 7:12 am

I hope Suaso Sue gets a run... How he played in the NYC GF last year with injury, I can't wait to see him in first grade fully fit. And he'd be playing for his front row partner from that game Mosese.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Wed 20 Mar, 2013 8:55 am

Best of luck to Ava, hope he kills it...

this morning I found out randomly from a Parra fan at work that his brother used to work with us

Juro

Post by Juro » Wed 20 Mar, 2013 9:33 am

Does Potter know how to pronounce his name? Seemed like a fair bit of hesitation when talking about him, then settling on calling him Ava.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Shooshmeister

Post by Shooshmeister » Wed 20 Mar, 2013 10:04 pm

Have a good crack Ava. This is you chance so make the best of it. Look at Buchanen, got a chance, smashed it and now he's in the run on side week in week out. It all down to you big fella. The best of luck!!!! Did I mention i'm excited.