Ava Seumanufagai

ImageImageImage
LeichhardtTiger

Re: Ava Seumanufagai

Post by LeichhardtTiger » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 10:45 pm

Warren wasn't just racist he was making fun of Ava's surname with the sexual innuendo clumsiness of Benny Hill. We used to laugh along with Billy Birmingham's mispronunciations of Pakistani cricketer's surnames but we've moved on from that. Yes Warren should have been more professional and he should now apologise. Ava was terrific and it gave his team mates confidence. Buchanen was Ok and finished strong.
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 10:52 pm

happy tiger wrote:Pretty handy debut imo . he get another shot v Manly

Is it me or is Buchanan struggling with the week to week grind already he seemed to be really struggling tonight Bloke was giving his all don't get me wrong , but defensively he was getting dominated

I hope they can work on his legs in the off season he lacks some strength and drive
Are you surprised?
He's going well but boy he's been thrown into the deep end very early....its catching up to him already. Not unexpected.
As blocker said ''I hope they buy an experienced fornt rower"

LaT

Post by LaT » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 10:57 pm

Yep, not surprising to see young Jack hit the wall so to speak. Still a good game for his 3rd match at this level though. He will probably be a little up and down while he adjusts.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 10:58 pm

Is it me or is Buchanan struggling with the week to week grind already he seemed to be really struggling tonight Bloke was giving his all don't get me wrong , but defensively he was getting dominated

I hope they can work on his legs in the off season he lacks some strength and drive

Coming out of the ground I said the same thing to my mates,he started off on fire but the grind is getting to him, all the short turn arounds would not help. Maybe he needs to come off the bench for a while

LeichhardtTiger

Post by LeichhardtTiger » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 11:26 pm

Supercoach - BMM didn't come on until the last 20 similar to Eddy last week. It may be a Potter plan to keep a front rower fresh till the final 20 - Instead of Sheens who would keep a winger as a bench warmer who'd be lucky to get any time. Yes, I know, Eddy ain't a front rower but as Royce says he plays tight. So maybe Jack will get a rest next week. After all Ave played OK so now Potter has another option -and that's a good thing. Woods is playing well. We lost nothing when Ave and Bell came on when Moi Moi and Lussick came on.
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 11:51 pm

Ava ran strong played good.
Buchanan still had good stats (108m & only missed 1 tackle) but he was missing a little sting in his runs.
Hopefully he does get a bit of a rest but I can;t see it in the near future.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

Bazzinator

Post by Bazzinator » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 12:28 am

short turnarounds for the young boys never helps so once we start getting to the 6 and 7 days turn arounds the recovery time will be better. realistically only 4 days between games doesnt help monday would have been recovery and videos tuesday maybe skills and weights wednesday off and thursday gym and skills etc. really not the best for a youngster not used to the massive step up from the 20s just yet

LaT

Post by LaT » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 12:41 am

We play Manly next Thursday night, but then we get an 11 day turn around to face Storm in R5 so some respite is coming.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 2:16 am

Ava looked good. He wasn't really tested tonight but a good debut nonetheless.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Phantomlock

Post by Phantomlock » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 8:03 am

innsaneink wrote:
innsaneink wrote:I just wanna know how his name is pronounced so I can tell if rabbs balls' it up or not.

Is it sue-manna-fah-guy?

Rabs well and truely ballsed it up

His call tonite was bordering on racism....definitely insulting to Ava whose family wouldve all been watching proudly and had to put up with this old fart making light of thier heritage.
the guys a senile amateur, a pro wouldve done research, maybe ring the club, practise.
Get rid of him....it was cringeworthy
Yes couldn't agree with you more about doing his research; would be better than making a fool of himself and harping on about mispronunciation of names - how disrespectful to Ava's family. I thought Rabs had more class than that tbh. Very unprofessional IMO.

PL

Phantomlock

Post by Phantomlock » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 8:06 am

Ava had a terrific debut last night - hit the line hard, nice footwork, sharp! Looked trim too so clearly the offaseason work is paying dividends. Like Jack in round 1 was not at all overawed by the occasion.

The future's looking bright!

PL

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 8:45 am

Yes , I agree with your observation . Buchanan did show sighs of may be the week after week grind is catching up with him. I still think he has a huge future with us.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Jux

Post by Jux » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 8:53 am

innsaneink wrote:
innsaneink wrote:I just wanna know how his name is pronounced so I can tell if rabbs balls' it up or not.

Is it sue-manna-fah-guy?

Rabs well and truely ballsed it up

His call tonite was bordering on racism....definitely insulting to Ava whose family wouldve all been watching proudly and had to put up with this old fart making light of thier heritage.
the guys a senile amateur, a pro wouldve done research, maybe ring the club, practise.
Get rid of him....it was cringeworthy

Ageism anyone ?

fulleightyminutes

Post by fulleightyminutes » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 8:59 am

Have to agree about Ray Warren. And I'm not sure it is ageism - he just didn't show the same basic respect to Ava's name as he did to other players. It left a sour taste for me.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 9:28 am

Good debut. As expected.

Did what is says on the packet.

Buchanan will burn and fade in games, it is the way of his age and experience. Difference is this year he has had another prop bought in to share the load by the coach and not a 85kg winger

yeti

Post by yeti » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 11:34 am

I thought Ava had a very impressive debut - strong running and great leg drive. I'd be starting him next week against the aggressive Manly pack and have Jack coming on after 15 or 20 minutes.

Shooshmeister

Post by Shooshmeister » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 6:39 pm

yeti wrote:I thought Ava had a very impressive debut - strong running and great leg drive. I'd be starting him next week against the aggressive Manly pack and have Jack coming on after 15 or 20 minutes.
As long as we don't think Ava would be dominated. Manly have some strong forwards and yopu don't want to be dominated early. He played well from the little I saw of him. Would like to see alot more game time to see if he's the real deal and take some pressure of Buchannen and Woods.

Nate DAWG

Post by Nate DAWG » Mon 25 Mar, 2013 1:18 pm

Ray Warren's "jokes" about Pacific Islander players surnames are extremely disrespectfully and reflect poorly on himself and the broadcast. The joke about someone's larynx being destroyed through trying to pronounce a name was offensive and far from funny. It got worse when him and gus remenisced about the days when SMITH and JONES and the comment of "Where have they gone Rabbits?" This was racist and offensive to my culture and to every player of Pacific Islander extraction. I guess the one plus is, as the prevelance of PI NRL players come through, rabs wont be able to pronounce their names and he can retire. E malosi le toto Samoa!