First Grade Live Game Thread vs Eels Round 3

ImageImageImage
Paris Cobbs

Re: First Grade Live Game Thread vs Eels Round 3

Post by Paris Cobbs » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 10:05 pm

In the end, Parra let us off the hook with some poor handling and sloppy passing.

Generally we went well for round 3. Robbie Farah was amazing, as usual. He'll be wearing the Tigers number 9 until he turns 40!
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

dazza65

Post by dazza65 » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 10:06 pm

Golden wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:What a horrible game, COMPLETELY slacked off in the last 30min. Any other team and that would have had such an embarrasing ending. 31 missed tackles from 220, parra made 21 and about an extra 50 tackles. Everything else was decent, need more go forward though. Woods/Buchanan had mediocre games.

Defence + Props need to stand up with galloway + do everything else like we did tonight and we can win next week. Otherwise....gonna get thrashed.
are you going to say the same thing about the storm??? why are they so perfect that people don't talk about how they almost lost last night with a big lead too at home
Sort of agree mate.... Difference is we were against an average eels side and storm against a pretty strong dogs side. If we were up against the dogs tonight...... Mmmm

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

Wagga Tiger

Post by Wagga Tiger » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 10:08 pm

We need more out of Anasta.

Golden

Post by Golden » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 10:09 pm

if we were against the dogs tonight we probably would have played the 80 mins, I think we just were feeling the emotions we lost our winger, we had Fulton out on the winger having no idea how to defend out wide. I wouldn't look to much into it. I was getting a little nervous with 9 to go, but at least we didn't do any DUMB things to try and lose it eels had to earn the comeback

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 10:10 pm

Benji had a quit game but he turn it around in 2nd half, he probably won us the game. Farah and Koro were the best players for mine. Moltzen was good, I could not believe that dive close to the line, I thought Beau is back :)
IMHO Ava, BMM and Pettybourne could play more minutes.
Anasta was very quit, but very good effort by Ayshford and Lawrence.
If Koro is injured, Nafoaluma or Naiyaravoro shall replace him.

:sign:

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 10:12 pm

InBenjiWeTrust wrote:Benji had a quit game but he turn it around in 2nd half, he probably won us the game. Farah and Koro were the best players for mine. Moltzen was good, I could not believe that dive close to the line, I thought Beau is back :)

Yeah Benji was a bit crook, sounded pretty fluey when being interviewed.

cruzer

Post by cruzer » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 10:13 pm

InBenjiWeTrust wrote:Benji had a quit game but he turn it around in 2nd half, he probably won us the game. Farah and Koro were the best players for mine. Moltzen was good, I could not believe that dive close to the line, I thought Beau is back :)

From the start I knew he wasn't right and the post game interview with Fitler confirmed it he was actually playing ill

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 10:17 pm

Golden wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:What a horrible game, COMPLETELY slacked off in the last 30min. Any other team and that would have had such an embarrasing ending. 31 missed tackles from 220, parra made 21 and about an extra 50 tackles. Everything else was decent, need more go forward though. Woods/Buchanan had mediocre games.

Defence + Props need to stand up with galloway + do everything else like we did tonight and we can win next week. Otherwise....gonna get thrashed.
are you going to say the same thing about the storm??? why are they so perfect that people don't talk about how they almost lost last night with a big lead too at home
I'm not a storm supporter, don't analyse their games like I do ours. But i didnt' think they played as bad as we did. Dogs were a bloody good opposition, they put 2 tries on em quickly, sure. Nothing like what I know the tigers are capable of, commentators kept mentioning 30 points in 14minutes last year.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

yeti

Post by yeti » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 10:20 pm

Defence + Props need to stand up without galloway + do everything else like we did tonight and we can win next week. Otherwise....gonna get thrashed.

The significant point to this game though was the first 30 mins! Almost perfect execution. Intense and smart. It's going to be a while folks before we put together a good 80 mins. It takes time to become conditioned to a new way of playing. We'll see our guys revert to the 'bad old ways' when they begin to fatigue during games. We should expect it. But so long as they keep progressing as they have over these first 3 games then we should be optimistic about the not too distant future. Comparing this team to the Storm is nonsense. Those southerners have been playing their way for a decade - it's second nature to them. It'll be some time before it's second nature for our Tigers!

Golden

Post by Golden » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 10:21 pm

ok you say the dogs are a GOOD team right the eels only lost to them by 4 points

I actually think the dogs will miss the 8 this year and picked it before the barba thing happened got money on it, Grand final losers never make the 8 the next year its happen 5 out of the last 7 years, the 2 that did was a cheating storm team and the other was Manly

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 10:24 pm

What a win not at our best but we showed what we can do what a player Robbie Farah legend of a player its good to get a win now time to realx for a massive game next week top 4 here we come its good to be up there at least for today.

Post by Guest » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 10:27 pm

Defence + Props need to stand up without galloway + do everything else like we did tonight and we can win next week. Otherwise....gonna get thrashed.
Well read

Post by Guest » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 10:28 pm

Golden wrote:

Uncharateristic of melbourne, but we so it lately every game that where in the lead.

Post by Guest » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 10:31 pm

One of marshalls best games, he listened to the media, layed of the kicks didnt control everything and BANG he scores.... Thats old benji

LaT

Post by LaT » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 10:38 pm

Galloways has put up a picture of Cowboy Fults.

TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 11:02 pm

Was at the game and I thought Fulton was daylight in front of any other player out their. It was hot and sticky and he worked his but off. Our go forward,is a massive worry