Moltzen

ImageImageImage
T-D-C

Re: Moltzen

Post by T-D-C » Tue 26 Mar, 2013 11:58 am

All I want is for our Fullback to run the ball back not waste 10 meters running sidewards looking for someone else to run it up.

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Tue 26 Mar, 2013 12:47 pm

T-D-C wrote:All I want is for our Fullback to run the ball back not waste 10 meters running sidewards looking for someone else to run it up.
Just on Moltzen kick returns..have noticed that last year and in the first couple of games this year that the opposition have picked him up and dragged him a long way backwards. Am thinking this is why MP has got him to offload to either winger on deep kick returns?

T-D-C

Post by T-D-C » Tue 26 Mar, 2013 1:02 pm

That is because he doesn't hit the line at speed. if he did that he would either break through or hit the dirt, rather than run sideways and get dominated by the chasers who push him back.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 26 Mar, 2013 1:33 pm

If Teddy gets selected on the wing surely Moltzen won't hand it off to him? He would look utterly pathetic doing so

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 26 Mar, 2013 1:35 pm

T-D-C wrote:That is because he doesn't hit the line at speed. if he did that he would either break through or hit the dirt, rather than run sideways and get dominated by the chasers who push him back.

Hit the line hard ,aim at a hole and your momentum should see you hit the ground

Quick play the ball , and our set of six is off to a good start

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 26 Mar, 2013 1:36 pm

smeghead wrote:If Teddy gets selected on the wing surely Moltzen won't hand it off to him? He would look utterly pathetic doing so
Smeg ,if he does that he may as well hand his jersey over as well because Teddy will show him how its done

T-D-C

Post by T-D-C » Tue 26 Mar, 2013 1:43 pm

happy tiger wrote:
T-D-C wrote:That is because he doesn't hit the line at speed. if he did that he would either break through or hit the dirt, rather than run sideways and get dominated by the chasers who push him back.

Hit the line hard ,aim at a hole and your momentum should see you hit the ground

Quick play the ball , and our set of six is off to a good start
Imagine that. Hit the hole, Tackle, Quick play the ball to Koro and off we go!

TIGERS

Post by TIGERS » Tue 26 Mar, 2013 1:56 pm

There's no rush. Teddy looks the goods but I heard similar things about Shannon Macdonell once upon a time.
Ya never know with rookies. Nothing would suprise me.

As much as I dislike him... Its Moltzen's spot. He needs to be focused on doing his best for the tigers. Not playing with half an eye on Teddy.

You can't expect guys to play for each other as a team if you're just going to dump them cause someone MIGHT work out better. That should apply to everyone. You only need to look at the Australian Cricket Team (and NSW Origin side) to see what impulsive team changes can do.

If Moltzen gets injured or has to slot in at HB for Miller... its up to Teddy to make the most of his chance.
Teams do not go physically flat, they go mentally stale...

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 26 Mar, 2013 2:37 pm

His performance on friday night was good enough to earn 2 Dally M points from Joey....perhaps he did play a good game rather than "setting the bar so low that if he catches a ball thats good enough"

As usual Moltzen is unfairly criticised after a good game.

Im a big Tedessco fan and think he is an excellent long term prospect, that does impact on how Moltzen is deemed to have played, which so far this year is pretty good.

You dont have to return the ball like Karmichael Hunt to contribute at fullback

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 26 Mar, 2013 3:40 pm

Goose wrote:His performance on friday night was good enough to earn 2 Dally M points from Joey.
That just proves the Dally M is a big pile of horse manure.

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 26 Mar, 2013 5:22 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
Goose wrote:His performance on friday night was good enough to earn 2 Dally M points from Joey.
That just proves the Dally M is a big pile of horse manure.
or your judgement has been compromised...

do you believe that you know more about rugby league than Andrew Johns

I dont profess that the Dally M points are gospel as the best indicator of the best players in the comp, but in general if you score Dally M points you have played well.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 26 Mar, 2013 5:38 pm

jirskyr wrote:
smeghead wrote:It is hard to drop a player when you are winning games.

Keeping combinations is important as well.

I wanted Tedesco at the start of the year and while Moltzen has been solid he wouldn't be my preference.

That said the coach needs to do what he feels is best.
Perhaps it has something to do with experience. If we opened the season with Tedesco and Koro, that is about 6 combined FG games between them.
Yes true...good point...and our opening schedule.... 4 games in 17 days or somethin...hot muggy weather still, 30 degree days....you need players with first grade motors...though timmy rarely gets out of 2nd gear

Shooshmeister

Post by Shooshmeister » Wed 27 Mar, 2013 1:03 am

Hey, while Moltzen is going well, don't rock the boat. I would prefer to see a slaterish kind of player and thats tedessco, but unless injury or poor form require a chnage, we just have to play the cards were dealt. At least this year he's catching the ball and not letting it bounce all the time. Giddyup.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 27 Mar, 2013 1:23 am

Goose wrote:His performance on friday night was good enough to earn 2 Dally M points from Joey....perhaps he did play a good game rather than "setting the bar so low that if he catches a ball thats good enough"

As usual Moltzen is unfairly criticised after a good game.

Im a big Tedessco fan and think he is an excellent long term prospect, that does impact on how Moltzen is deemed to have played, which so far this year is pretty good.

You dont have to return the ball like Karmichael Hunt to contribute at fullback
But it would be preferred over taking the ball up like Tiny Tim tiptoeing through the Tulips

Banged up

Post by Banged up » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 3:20 pm

The only time you see Moltzen in a game is when one of his team mates score ,he's always the first one rushing in to congratulate as if he contributed to it ..Makes me laugh out loud every time..