Moltzen

ImageImageImage
happy tiger

Re: Moltzen

Post by happy tiger » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 11:03 pm

innsaneink wrote:
dermo wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Had a good game bar kick returns (maybe dropping it off to wingers is in the game plan - im starting to think it is)
Dont like him screaming at players when something goes wrong....back to his old tricks, I really loathe that.
idk i reckon you misread this, sheens always said he was a good talker and i think potter mentioned it to. Just cause he's yelling doesn't necessarily mean hes abusing them. And i agree it would be great to see him sprint back into the defensive line but if marika is there he should give to him everytime, much prefer to have koro run at the line than moltzen

No im not misreading this.
Theres talk from the back during play, directions, instructions, encouragement etc ....and there aggro accusing talk towards an individual whoever it might be after our lines been crossed, the body language is always the same.
Ive seen it 5 or 6 times now over a few years

Did you see jarryd hayne talk to his winger who flicked it back in goal toward him for moltzens try?
"Dont worry bout it mate"
Jarryd needed a butt kicking for just not diving on the pass

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 11:12 pm

I wonder about you sometimes

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 11:16 pm

innsaneink wrote:I wonder about you sometimes
Yes the winger should never have thrown the pass , but that's what experienced players are supposed to do Ink

Fix the screw up and make the right call

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 11:26 pm

Our coach has huge wraps on Teddy and whilst we are winning he will take his time with him .Teddy is rated by some as the closest thing to billy slater .
I think some people give Moltz a higher rating then he deserves .it is his job to run the ball back and bark orders from the back ,to take the high balls , all things every fullback does in every game .

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 11:43 pm

actually getting to be at the game and watch him closely off the ball and I still think moltzen is cod ordinary. Maybe its his fitness but he just can;t keep up with the ball in attack. You watch someone like Slater and they are constantly trailing the ball and when there's a half gap they are there to take advantage of it. Moltzen parks himself out in the backline preparing for a precalled spread of the ball. ie. he is never there for a halfbreak. It was obvious the difference between the 20s where the fullback was ready and able to take a pass onece the defensive line was split and 1sts where moltzen was sitting out wide having a nap. (& no i'm not saying the 20s fullback is good enough for first grade)
Yes, moltzen did catch one very good bomb and made a couple of decent defensive plays - but that's a fullback's bread and butter.
Madgic!

laufoofan

Post by laufoofan » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 11:53 pm

Moltzen had a fine game. He will be better if he has a kick return at speed besides backing up the attacking players, will improve his game. Hope he will improve with each game under his belt.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 11:58 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Yes the winger should never have thrown the pass , but that's what experienced players are supposed to do Ink

Thats not the point, Hayne probably said ''we both screwed up"
Molts seems to say..."You screwed up"

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 11:59 pm

Moltzen played well tonight. But he will never be able to provide the back-up play that Tedesco will deliver. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

dermo

Post by dermo » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 12:04 am

innsaneink wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

I have no idea how you come to these conclusions unless you've taken some course in lip reading.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 12:07 am

Body language, gestures, facial expressions.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 12:11 am

innsaneink wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Moltz wouldn't have yelled at the player in the same situation , he would of taken a fine catch and then passed the ball to some athletic looking person in a tigers jersey in the third row and expected him to hit it up and probably yelled at him

You need to look at each player differently

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 12:29 am

softlaw wrote:actually getting to be at the game and watch him closely off the ball and I still think moltzen is cod ordinary. Maybe its his fitness but he just can;t keep up with the ball in attack. You watch someone like Slater and they are constantly trailing the ball and when there's a half gap they are there to take advantage of it. Moltzen parks himself out in the backline preparing for a precalled spread of the ball. ie. he is never there for a halfbreak. It was obvious the difference between the 20s where the fullback was ready and able to take a pass onece the defensive line was split and 1sts where moltzen was sitting out wide having a nap. (& no i'm not saying the 20s fullback is good enough for first grade)
Yes, moltzen did catch one very good bomb and made a couple of decent defensive plays - but that's a fullback's bread and butter.
Moltzen being a very poor support player is nothing new. Doesn't have that in his game.

I find it funny that as soon as he catches a few bombs he's had a good game. Shows how low the bar is.

tiger pom

Post by tiger pom » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 1:12 am

I have never been pro or anti moltzen but his performance tonight was good and for his detractors to criticize him again is bordering on obsessional.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 2:13 am

innsaneink wrote:Had a good game bar kick returns (maybe dropping it off to wingers is in the game plan - im starting to think it is)
Dont like him screaming at players when something goes wrong....back to his old tricks, I really loathe that.
It really must be the game plan to give it to stronger runners in Koro and Reddy. Moltzen is elusive but coming up against a straight line he could get swamped and lose the ball.

He has been talked about as a top talker in the team many times so I'm not concerned when I hear things like this. Chemistry seems well in the team so it's probably not abusive.

He is definately looking for offloads a bit more following Woods around too which is good to see.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 9:38 am

I think Moltzen was alright against Parra.

On the positive side his reading of the play defensively is pretty good and he is becoming reasonably safe. The bomb he dropped was his fault and I don't think he was interfered with but lots of fullbacks make a mistake or two a game. I also think he backs up at times pretty well and chimes into the attack at the right time.

On the negative - I don't like it when he yells at players after a mistake has been made. His kick returns are also terrible. Reddy and Koro run it back hard. I think we need a fullback who does this as well. Its not essential but it makes a difference.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 9:47 am

Allan Towle wrote:
It really must be the game plan to give it to stronger runners in Koro and Reddy. Moltzen is elusive but coming up against a straight line he could get swamped and lose the ball.

He has been talked about as a top talker in the team many times so I'm not concerned when I hear things like this. Chemistry seems well in the team so it's probably not abusive.

He is definately looking for offloads a bit more following Woods around too which is good to see.

It does make a lot of sense as he is more often than not dominated and pushed back in the tackle when he takes it up.....im beginning to prefer it to him running it....at least were likely to start the set on the front foot if he finds Koro

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 11:01 am

innsaneink wrote:Body language, gestures, facial expressions.

Deary me........ :lol: :lol:

ON a positive note,really impressed with Moltzens try saving clean up of the kick right on our line.Peeps have been asking for him to put HIS body on the line and he surely did.

Cant ask for more than that.

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 11:06 am

Moltzen has improved from last year. That's all we can ask at this stage. Hoping he has more improvement left in him.