Blair

ImageImageImage
dermo

Blair

Post by dermo » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 2:13 pm

13. Blair - 119 metres in attack, 1 offload, 1 tackle break, 19 tackles, 3 missed tackles

easily his best game in tigers colours, really stood up and got through alot of work in the absence of Keith. Playing so much better this year now we've got some more structure

LaT

Post by LaT » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 2:19 pm

Definitely been an improvement each game so far this year. Although the pessimist in me says that its been against low quality sides, I hope he continues the upward trend.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 2:59 pm

It was against really bad parra team. He will need to do a whole lot more against Manly next week.

With Blair I feel like we paid for a Mercedes and got a Toyota. Nothing wrong with toyotas as long as your not paying 3 times more than they are worth.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

Shooshmeister

Post by Shooshmeister » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 6:26 pm

As long as he keeps imporving each week. Manly and Storm will be a good test to see where we are.

Sataris

Post by Sataris » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 6:32 pm

He keeps spinning in tackles looking to offload.

If we had someone who would be sniffing around for those I think we'd be singing Adam's praises a lot more..
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

Shooshmeister

Post by Shooshmeister » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 6:43 pm

Someone like the backin gup play of Tedessco???? I really want ot see Tedessco get a crack. He seems like another good attacking weapon, one we muchly need. I think our attack is still a little weak. However, was impressed by Moltzen, he played well. What to do?? If Korro isn't back next week, put Tedescco on the wing or Fullback. See how that goes.

TigerLiam

Post by TigerLiam » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 7:19 pm

dermo wrote:13. Blair - 119 metres in attack, 1 offload, 1 tackle break, 19 tackles, 3 missed tackles

easily his best game in tigers colours, really stood up and got through alot of work in the absence of Keith. Playing so much better this year now we've got some more structure
it was Blair's best game. He was our best in the first half!

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 8:05 pm

Best game I have seen Blair play for the Wests Tigers. I like the way he tries to hold the tackled player down to slow the play the ball, he also runs to put pressure on the opposing kicker in general play, he is the type of player who likes to niggle the opposition which as long as he isn't giving away penalties isn't a bad thing.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 8:14 pm

In my opinion Blair and Woods have been our best forwards this season

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 8:18 pm

happy tiger wrote:In my opinion Blair and Woods have been our best forwards this season
Woods was very, very strong again last night, I know everyone knows this but for a bloke his age and experience in 1st grade, it is great to watch his game week after week.

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 8:20 pm

happy tiger wrote:In my opinion Blair and Woods have been our best forwards this season
I would happily second that
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 8:22 pm

cunno wrote:
Woods was very, very strong again last night, I know everyone knows this but for a bloke his age and experience in 1st grade, it is great to watch his game week after week.
I don't know about others ,but Woods reminds me of Lazarus ,when you think he finished he gets an extra 2-3 metres

Brisbane Tiger

Post by Brisbane Tiger » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 8:28 pm

With Blair I feel like we paid for a Mercedes and got a Toyota. Nothing wrong with toyotas as long as your not paying 3 times more than they are worth.[/quote]

I'd take a 7 second 2j over a 12 second Mercedes every day of the week.
;)

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 23 Mar, 2013 9:05 pm

Frank the tank wrote:It was against really bad parra team. He will need to do a whole lot more against Manly next week.

With Blair I feel like we paid for a Mercedes and got a Toyota. Nothing wrong with toyotas as long as your not paying 3 times more than they are worth.
getting pretty tired of you and 1974 blowing the same horn over and over again tbh.
you were right when you said blair wouldnt be as good a buy as everyone though, but he's improving..he's going in the right direction. lay off him for a while, will ya?

agree with most here.. easily his best game in our jumper. that missed tackle on allgood costed us a try though. feels much more comfortable in the middle. some may not like his hit and spin but i think he does it pretty well tbh.. gains an extra 5 metres after initial contact
was hoping to see much better seasons from keith and blair. blair has to stand up big time now with his experience. needs to lead the forwards by example. take the dirty hit ups and do what comes naturally to him.. be a grub, we need one.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Sun 24 Mar, 2013 6:45 am

tig_prmz wrote:
Frank the tank wrote:It was against really bad parra team. He will need to do a whole lot more against Manly next week.

getting pretty tired of you and 1974 blowing the same horn over and over again tbh.
you were right when you said blair wouldnt be as good a buy as everyone though, but he's improving..he's going in the right direction. lay off him for a while, will ya?

Well I would want you to get your panties in a twist over something as trivial as this. So I promise I'll lay off him .................for a while.

Why don't you PM me with your thoughts and opinions and then that way I can post what you're comfortable with and then you won't get tired of me having an opinion of my own.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 24 Mar, 2013 1:24 pm

I thought he was our best pig,behind Robbie of course.

TigersFan4Life

Post by TigersFan4Life » Mon 25 Mar, 2013 10:10 am

it is not a coincidence that this has all happened since he cut his hair.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 25 Mar, 2013 10:21 am

Lock is his spot whereas last season, he was playing front row.

Sheens couldn't bring himself to drop Heighington from lock and replace him with Blair. I guess if he dropped Heighington, the players would have had a hissy fit and Heighington would have removed Sheens from the dinner invites.