Mistakes by Rookie Coach cost us!

ImageImageImage
alexaki

Mistakes by Rookie Coach cost us!

Post by alexaki » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 9:45 pm

Sorry Mick but you made some fundamental tactical mistakes tonight that cost us any chance of winning!.

1) Why oh why did you take Farah off at the 30 minute mark????????!!!!!!!!!!!.. Up till then were in the game, our attack was flowing, Benji was not trying to dominate. On comes Iosefa and our attack stutters, he gives away silly penalties, Marshall tries to dominate taking Miller out of the game and our attacking rhythm is lost, Manly score 2 trys and we are effective out of the game, Farah is spewing and no doubt the Tigers players are thinking WTF!

2) Tedesco is not a winger!...and it showed with trys being scored down his side as he was out of position.

3) BMM...is not being used as an impact player...why?....!

I hope you learnt from tonight's game Mick...because IMO you cost us that game!

the third

Post by the third » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 9:49 pm

alexaki wrote:Sorry Mick but you made some fundamental tactical mistakes tonight that cost us any chance of winning!.

1) Why oh why did you take Farah off at the 30 minute mark????????!!!!!!!!!!!.. Up till then were in the game, our attack was flowing, Benji was not trying to dominate. On comes Iosefa and our attack stutters, he gives away silly penalties, Marshall tries to dominate taking Miller out of the game and our attacking rhythm is lost, Manly score 2 trys and we are effective out of the game, Farah is spewing and no doubt the Tigers players are thinking WTF!

2) Tedesco is not a winger!...and it showed with trys being scored down his side as he was out of position.

Sorry but I do not agree. That was the most passionless performance from key players ever BUT it's probably reflective of the difference between the teams no spirit from us at all and dumb plays across the park. Manly got better we got worse. Farah and tedesco were not the major points

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Post by Guest » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 9:59 pm

the third wrote:
alexaki wrote:Sorry Mick but you made some fundamental tactical mistakes tonight that cost us any chance of winning!.

Sorry but I do not agree. That was the most passionless performance from key players ever BUT it's probably reflective of the difference between the teams no spirit from us at all and dumb plays across the park. Manly got better we got worse. Farah and tedesco were not the major points

Well you got no idea buddy no idea at all

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 10:02 pm

the third wrote:

Sorry I don agree with you up until Farah came off the Tigers were right in that game...with his departure the Tigers lost their inspiration and spirit....even the commentators were dumbfounded!

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 10:05 pm

To replace Farah was the strangest decision. When he came back on it was 14-0 in the rain and game over.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 10:06 pm

Rookie players make mistakes
So too rookie coaches.

He has limited resources, he cant win, he plays an experienced winger in Utai he's crucified

BMM is not an impact player, hes a pillow

Farah off? No idea....there wouldve been a reason, I do like the fact hes prepared to make tough decisions

the third

Post by the third » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 10:09 pm

alexaki wrote:
the third wrote:

Sorry I don agree with you up until Farah came off the Tigers were right in that game...with his departure the Tigers lost their inspiration and spirit....even the commentators were dumbfounded!
And that is the problem. They should have more spirit than that.

If farah (who is a football god) is the sole inspiration of the team we have a serious problem. He's going to play origin... Should we pencil in the losses now and also schedule the end of season trip? Heaven forbid woods gets chosen

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 10:13 pm

There was passion, and the first 30 minutes was brilliant, but the question that begs to be asked is what if Farah ever goes off with a busted leg/arm/jaw. Will the team cope without him?

Robbie is a fantastic captain and bleeds our colours but what happens if God forbid we ever lose him to a season ending injury... Are you telling me it's OK to lay down then without his guidance? Not saying that Potter's decision to take him off was justified, but moreso if we inadvertently end up playing without him and get subsequently hammered, what's the excuse then?

I agree about Teddy, not because he isn't a winger (because our defensive structure often leaves the winger isolated,) but because he is a far superior fullback to Moltzen.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 10:13 pm

Imagine the panic people would have had about Farah getting benched if he was still un-signed? would have been the nail in the WT's coffin

But yeah amatuer mistake by Potter. Sure he'll learn from it though, not as stubborn and set in his ways as old man Sheens

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 10:19 pm

innsaneink wrote:Rookie players make mistakes
So too rookie coaches.

He has limited resources, he cant win, he plays an experienced winger in Utai he's crucified

BMM is not an impact player, hes a pillow

Farah off? No idea....there wouldve been a reason, I do like the fact hes prepared to make tough decisions
Agree Ink and would add that Potter is trying to change our dependence on R&B..and to do this he is better to experiment in the early season and give the fringe players a chance without the pressure of B&R. IMO the only mistake he made was replacing Robbie instead of Benji.For me the biggest let down was the non impact of the bench players..and I agree with you on BMM..just a pillow

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 10:25 pm

hang on potter was saving BMM for the NSW cup game, why else would u only give him 15-20 min.i think Potter is out of his deept.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 10:27 pm

Strange decision as it turned out. Farah has been doing a lot of defence in our first three games so you can imagine that was behind the decision. However the fact that Farah was so openly hostile to the change seems to make a mockery of it though.

I am at my wits end with Marshall though. Is there anyone in the league who regularly puts up bombs who does it worse than him? How many times have we got to see this attempted kick behind the line (which regularly doesnt go behind the line)? Look he is trying; quite impressed with some of his defence tonight, but just not cutting it overall.

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 10:28 pm

Did sheens ever hook Farah without explaination?

He's the captain FFS!

This was madness. I don't have good feelings about Potter, and I feel the head might be on the chopping block in the distant future.

tigertales

Post by tigertales » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 10:29 pm

Coach mad some poor decisions no doubt but if you are down at half time to a team who has a completion rate of 7 from 19 and you have 6 sets on their line in a row and cant score, then you are an ordinary football side.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 10:29 pm

do you see Toovey as a veteran.

farah robbie unstoppable.

he licked us this time.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 10:30 pm

teddy was the wrong choice, so was utai imo. i would've gone with simona

i was kinda glad he replaced farah. he's showing us who's the boss out there.. let's see if he gets stubborn and does it again.. dont think it's working.

im still not sure about bmm.. he is not running hard enough.. he can but he's not. idk why. also his tackles are not sticking.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 10:31 pm

On the bombs it was interesting to see miller was the main kicker in the 2nd half after Benji kicked in the first half so defiantly instructions from potter to give the ball to miller for kicking. He experimented tonight and yeah we lost but maybe he needed too find out what we could do

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Thu 28 Mar, 2013 10:37 pm

Tedesco? Well that was a tough one, who else do we have for the wing? Certainly cost us tonight, 3 tries down his side (or two tries and a touchdown to be exact - and I am not entirely sure Lyon didn't get a hand to the ball when Symonds scored).

Farah? That's a head scratcher as well, I am sure there was a reason for it, if he leaves Iosefa on the bench for 80 he'd get crucified for that. He should have been back at halftime, it was the Wolfman double that killed us.

We should have had a 12 point lead at halftime, going in down was certainly not a fair reflection of our performance in the first half (well not ours, but Manly didn't deserve a 4 point lead based on theirs)