Mistakes by Rookie Coach cost us!

ImageImageImage

Re: Mistakes by Rookie Coach cost us!

Post by 851 » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 11:26 am

simonthetiger wrote:Could you imagine Craig Bellamy pulling Cam Smith off ten before half time with the game in the balance and replacing him with Ryan Hinchliffe???

IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN!!!

Stupid mistake......Sheens must be wetting his pants,getting paid and getting to watch this clown make rookie mistakes.

Robbie was well pissed off and rightly so......20 mins off the field,replaced by a bozo.

The bloke is our captain,our rudder,our best player......its dead set mystifying.
Spot on Simon,but Hinchcliffe is way better than Ioseffa and it still wouldn't happen.
Our problems started early,we had 3 scrums 15m out from manly's line in the first 10 or so minutes,we went down the short side everytime,why?.surely you want Benji one on one with the opposing 6 everytime if you want points.
This was either another Potter mistake or Miller is way out of his depth.
Go hard or go home

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 11:34 am

Westie wrote:How many of us were counting on 2 pts tonight.

When I was looking at the draw and after the first 2 rounds I was not counting on 2 pts against manly.
The main reason being that Mick has only had the team a short period of time,and not enough time to gel the team together. Its going to be an ongoing thing.

Mind you I do expect a top 8 finish.....

Lets not forget it was raining cats & dogs tonight, and that **&*^% obstruction rule cost us points in the 1st half.
We had patient build up and purposeful attack in the first half.

But Micky.. if were smashing Manly take off farah for a break,

Or if we getting smashed take him off...

But not with 10 min to go and the game in the balance.

This is a pretty good post.

We were measured and patient.....I'm digging that.

And that rubbish obstruction and a couple of soft penalties against us didnt help.

And Farah was having a very good game,he looked dangerous and his kicking game was bang on......u dont rest ur best player when he is playing well,in a very close game.

Im still shaking my head.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 11:57 am

Good post Simon

Yep the game was in the balance at 4-0 and we take Robbie off

How about resting him when we are leading Parra 24-6

Personally think he compounded a mistaken call of playing Iosefa after picking him on the premise we would be playing on a dry track

Those conditions called for four forwards

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 12:02 pm

Good point about Smith but Lol @ what Sheens would be thinking like he never made bone headed decisions himself

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 12:14 pm

bonstonker wrote:it's one thing to take of farah,but to replace him with a player who isn't first grade material is dumb.
What would be dumb is if Potsy doesnt learn from it....and persists with the move.

That said there are only so many options and when they all begin to prove futile, then what?

I think can see what he intended given the conditions.

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 12:30 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Good point about Smith but Lol @ what Sheens would be thinking like he never made bone headed decisions himself
That decision to take Robbie off was more like Sheens then Potter. Maybe it wasn't Sheens maybe it was the ones advising Sheens who indecently are still there advising Potter.

Mick you need to get your own staff next year..do it your way.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 12:30 pm

happy tiger wrote:Good post Simon

Yep the game was in the balance at 4-0 and we take Robbie off

How about resting him when we are leading Parra 24-6

Personally think he compounded a mistaken call of playing Iosefa after picking him on the premise we would be playing on a dry track

Those conditions called for four forwards

Def could have used Ava's leg drive in those conditions.

PS...watch this vid and see what Robbie thinks of his being brought off.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 12:37 pm

Fumbles wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Good point about Smith but Lol @ what Sheens would be thinking like he never made bone headed decisions himself
That decision to take Robbie off was more like Sheens then Potter. Maybe it wasn't Sheens maybe it was the ones advising Sheens who indecently are still there advising Potter.

Mick you need to get your own staff next year..do it your way.
The mistakes Sheens made were all his own doing, his ego would never have allowed him to take that kind of advice from others. Potter, you can put it down as a rookie mistake. Everyone makes them no matter they do, its how he rebounds that will be the key. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt this time, if he it does again next week then yeah, alarm bells

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 12:43 pm

Watched the video..Mick Potter please never do that again.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 12:55 pm

simonthetiger wrote: Def could have used Ava's leg drive in those conditions.

Love Robbie's reaction :lol:

Next week will tell if Potter has learned or not. I really hope he has.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 1:45 pm

steve-o wrote:
PYMBLEPETE wrote:Strange decision as it turned out. Farah has been doing a lot of defence in our first three games so you can imagine that was behind the decision. However the fact that Farah was so openly hostile to the change seems to make a mockery of it though.

I am at my wits end with Marshall though. Is there anyone in the league who regularly puts up bombs who does it worse than him? How many times have we got to see this attempted kick behind the line (which regularly doesnt go behind the line)? Look he is trying; quite impressed with some of his defence tonight, but just not cutting it overall.
marshall is so bad at putting up bombs! he's easily the worst play maker in the game at bombing. and the thing that irks me the most is that hes not improving! he hasnt been able to bomb for years and we've seen no progress on this
Well it was vital last night. As soon as they got down our end a well placed bomb leads to a try. When we were down their end our bombs were being caught by Joel Reddy 10m out from their line. A better placed bomb and maybe he scores.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 1:48 pm

Yossarian wrote: Well it was vital last night. As soon as they got down our end a well placed bomb leads to a try. When we were down their end our bombs were being caught by Joel Reddy 10m out from their line. A better placed bomb and maybe he scores.
Exactly there one bomb was perfect..right on the mark. Ours were terrible.
Last edited by Irvine on Fri 29 Mar, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 1:48 pm

RatedRKO wrote:

Hilarious reaction....like a naughty schoolboy that couldnt dob!!

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 9:08 pm

Pretty sure Potter said that was the plan all along to rest Robbie after 30 - that's fair enough that he had a plan but IMO you have to be smart enough to know when to change that plan to suit the situation. Taking Robbie off at that stage was a brain-dead move, pretty much cost us any chance of winning. The side just has no spirit when he isn't on the field.
Having said that we didn't score from untold chances in the first 30 minutes when he was out there either, the platform for the win should of been laid then with a couple of tries.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 9:19 pm

RatedRKO wrote:

Loved the video thanks.....loved Robbies reaction even more...doubt we'll see Robbie off again!

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 30 Mar, 2013 7:58 am

alexaki wrote:
RatedRKO wrote:

Loved the video thanks.....loved Robbies reaction even more...doubt we'll see Robbie off again!
Any coach worth his salts will ensure he rests Robbie again after those comments... If Harry wants to let the players know he is running the show, this is a perfect way to send the message.

I only hope he makes a few adjustments with the timing!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Sat 30 Mar, 2013 8:30 am

Robbie taken off was a strange one for me and a mistake , but this coach got a team he did not put together and has to work with , i think he may still change things around over the next few games , he also would not have expected to loose , big red , gavet , woods , our gun winger so early , he has done it tough with his pommy team so he can do it with ours , the first half of this season will be bumpy but we need to keep in mind how other teams are going , manly beat us newcastle beat us and we have melbourne coming up and could loose this as well , so what , look at the other teams , if we keep winning in a few in the first half of the season and keep getting better the second half of the season should be much better and we then can tackle the top teams , top 8 is still in reach

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 30 Mar, 2013 9:49 am

Tiger Watto wrote:
alexaki wrote:
RatedRKO wrote:

Any coach worth his salts will ensure he rests Robbie again after those comments... If Harry wants to let the players know he is running the show, this is a perfect way to send the message.

I only hope he makes a few adjustments with the timing!
Yep, he has to...otherwise the other nights decision was a waste of time