WE OUR CRAP!!!!!!!!

ImageImageImage
happy tiger

Re: WE OUR CRAP!!!!!!!!

Post by happy tiger » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 10:13 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:This time last year we would have been 26-0 down at half time. The attack didn't quite click but forcing five repeat sets is no mean feat, just failed to convert them into points. This time last year, we would have spent most of the first half camped on our line, not theirs. Scoreline flatters Manly as they scored two tries off the back of forward passes.

The wheels certainly came off without Farah though. I see the merit in resting him, but it's quite obvious that the team lost a leg when he came off, particularly when he was replaced by a park footballer.
Having a plan to rest someone is okay but you have to be able to maybe change the plan to suit the situation of the game, Robbie didn't look like he was struggling and he was gonna get a rest 10 minutes later at halftime anyway. Crazy, crazy decision at that crucial point in the game, we lost any chance we had of winning that game while Robbie was off.
The other problem is that we had to then try and steal back any momentum we had

Not easy against any team let alone Manly

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 10:31 pm

Newtown wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:This time last year we would have been 26-0 down at half time. The attack didn't quite click but forcing five repeat sets is no mean feat, just failed to convert them into points. This time last year, we would have spent most of the first half camped on our line, not theirs. Scoreline flatters Manly as they scored two tries off the back of forward passes.

The wheels certainly came off without Farah though. I see the merit in resting him, but it's quite obvious that the team lost a leg when he came off, particularly when he was replaced by a park footballer.
Unfortunately that "park footballer" could be taking Farah's place around SOO time.
People are getting far too worked up over SOO and losing woods and farah. We have BYES and guess what, SOO involves more teams than just the tigers...so others wont have their origin players either! Worst comes to worst we might lose one game this season DUE TO of origin, not at the same time as.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 10:49 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
Newtown wrote:

Unfortunately that "park footballer" could be taking Farah's place around SOO time.
People are getting far too worked up over SOO and losing woods and farah. We have BYES and guess what, SOO involves more teams than just the tigers...so others wont have their origin players either! Worst comes to worst we might lose one game this season DUE TO of origin, not at the same time as.
The reason it concerns me is this

SOO 1 Bye good

SOO 2 Raiders (a game at full strength we should win ,No Farah or Woods less than 50/50)

SOO 3 Warriors (See above)

Concerned now ??

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 11:02 pm

If we can't beat the warriors without farah and woods, we don't deserve to beat them at all.

And raiders, that'd be 50/50 without the duo, so that's the one game we might lose because of them not being here
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Sat 30 Mar, 2013 12:37 am

I think people are underestimating Potter and judging his coaching style a little early. It is only the 4th game. I'm not sure why any Tigers fan would be expecting us to be beating the world right now. I think 2/4 is a good start, we definitely have improved from our first game against the knights. Just for one second forget about who we played, we win a game and all of a sudden it's unimportant because we played against a weakened Eels side, or Penrith's key in attack was injured. I think we really need to take positives out of games and look at ourselves.
Yes 26-0 looks dreadful but has no reflection on the game at all IMO. 2 or 3 of those tries should not have been awarded, but unfortunately they were so let's all accept that and move on.

Now looking at the game we played, the first 25/30 minutes were decent, we had possession and we had structure but were unable to capitalise on it and secure some points, however Manly's defense was impeccable and was rated the 3rd best (which i think it's fair to say 'the best'). They made a tonne of errors and were unable to get to their end, and the second time they get a look in they score. They are a quality side with structured spine and a strong pack.

We had a fullback on the wing, a depleted forward pack, a rookie halfback & prop.
This game was basically a learning curve for us, we played a top 4 or even top 2 side last night and went down swinging, it wasn't a bad effort. Putting into perspective, it's the 5th or 6th time this team has played together, endured some injuries and we have a good 20 weeks ahead of us to improve. Come July/August when we play Melbourne and Manly again, we will have a better insight on how we are travelling.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sat 30 Mar, 2013 12:40 am

bp tiger wrote:sorry about the english, but some of us didnt get to go to school, but we still have to get bye.
and what does it really take away from what i wanted to say.
some people just like putting people down, some were not given the same chances as others when we were kids.
bp, I'm sorry for the offence caused. thank you for opening my eyes to possibilities I hadn't considered. :oops:

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 30 Mar, 2013 1:11 am

pHyR3 wrote:If we can't beat the warriors without farah and woods, we don't deserve to beat them at all.

And raiders, that'd be 50/50 without the duo, so that's the one game we might lose because of them not being here
If we have any remote chance of making the semis we HAVE to win those games

So you feel 100% confident we can still win without them

You have more faith than I then

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sat 30 Mar, 2013 9:23 am

kh_canada wrote:I think people are underestimating Potter and judging his coaching style a little early. It is only the 4th game. I'm not sure why any Tigers fan would be expecting us to be beating the world right now. I think 2/4 is a good start, we definitely have improved from our first game against the knights. Just for one second forget about who we played, we win a game and all of a sudden it's unimportant because we played against a weakened Eels side, or Penrith's key in attack was injured. I think we really need to take positives out of games and look at ourselves.
Yes 26-0 looks dreadful but has no reflection on the game at all IMO. 2 or 3 of those tries should not have been awarded, but unfortunately they were so let's all accept that and move on.

Now looking at the game we played, the first 25/30 minutes were decent, we had possession and we had structure but were unable to capitalise on it and secure some points, however Manly's defense was impeccable and was rated the 3rd best (which i think it's fair to say 'the best'). They made a tonne of errors and were unable to get to their end, and the second time they get a look in they score. They are a quality side with structured spine and a strong pack.

We had a fullback on the wing, a depleted forward pack, a rookie halfback & prop.
This game was basically a learning curve for us, we played a top 4 or even top 2 side last night and went down swinging, it wasn't a bad effort. Putting into perspective, it's the 5th or 6th time this team has played together, endured some injuries and we have a good 20 weeks ahead of us to improve. Come July/August when we play Melbourne and Manly again, we will have a better insight on how we are travelling.

Hard to argue with any of that...def puts the result in perspective.

FARANGALANG

Post by FARANGALANG » Sat 30 Mar, 2013 9:42 am

simonthetiger wrote:
kh_canada wrote:I think people are underestimating Potter and judging his coaching style a little early. It is only the 4th game. I'm not sure why any Tigers fan would be expecting us to be beating the world right now. I think 2/4 is a good start, we definitely have improved from our first game against the knights. Just for one second forget about who we played, we win a game and all of a sudden it's unimportant because we played against a weakened Eels side, or Penrith's key in attack was injured. I think we really need to take positives out of games and look at ourselves.

Hard to argue with any of that...def puts the result in perspective.
Im hoping by then that teddy(fullback),Nofo,buchanan,Ava,Mr T and Sirro are first grade regulars aswell.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 30 Mar, 2013 9:46 am

This game was basically a learning curve for us, we played a top 4 or even top 2 side last night and went down swinging, it wasn't a bad effort. Putting into perspective, it's the 5th or 6th time this team has played together, endured some injurie
s and we have a good 20 weeks ahead of us to improve. Come July/August when we play Melbourne and Manly again, we will have a better insight on how we are travelling.
So youre saying we shouldnt look deeper past the scoreline into the game when we win, but its OK to do so when we lose.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 30 Mar, 2013 9:59 am

happy tiger wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:If we can't beat the warriors without farah and woods, we don't deserve to beat them at all.

If we have any remote chance of making the semis we HAVE to win those games

So you feel 100% confident we can still win without them

You have more faith than I then

well by then we should have THREE props extra to cover woods, and miller will be a bigger force in the team. I think we can cope without farah to be honest. Sure, MANLY exploited us when he was taken off but that's different as he was taken off half way. If we train without him for a week or two and get used to it, it should be okay against the raiders and warriors....not the biggest forces in the nrl atm.

Im not saying we WILL but we're not gonna get flogged because they're not there. In any case, what's the difference?? SOO will happen and we can't change that! Time to get on with it i reckon.
Last edited by pHyR3 on Sat 30 Mar, 2013 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sat 30 Mar, 2013 10:00 am

turnstyle wrote:
bp tiger wrote:sorry about the english, but some of us didnt get to go to school, but we still have to get bye.
and what does it really take away from what i wanted to say.
some people just like putting people down, some were not given the same chances as others when we were kids.
bp, I'm sorry for the offence caused. thank you for opening my eyes to possibilities I hadn't considered. :oops:
all good just remember, we all just want to to have are say, some say it better than others. thanks for ur thoughts.

darkie

Post by darkie » Sat 30 Mar, 2013 10:56 am

Geez I love the loyal fans. :roll:
When we win, it's pats on the back, lose & it's the end of the world.
I might hand in my membership & join manly.
Wests have only won two games & manly, um, three :o that's soooo much better than wests :crazy
We should of scored in the first 20 minutes, but their defence was top class, our attack good (improving). Maybe in dry conditions we would have scored.
They scored at least one try from a forward pass.
Disappointed in the loss?? Yes. Disappointed in the effort?? No.
Glad I'm not a dragons or warriors fan :crazy :sign:
Maybe a few of the doomsayers should apply for a coaching position at wests :lol: :lol:
Have faith in your team :righton: :master: