WE OUR CRAP!!!!!!!!

ImageImageImage
happy tiger

Re: WE OUR CRAP!!!!!!!!

Post by happy tiger » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 12:52 am

Marshall_magic wrote:I don't think it's as bad as people let on, Manly defended really well tonight, and in wet weather it becomes more difficult to score. Tedesco on the wing was a killer for us, he's not a winger and we conceded 3 tries down that side. Other than that they scored the mother of all flukey tries and a fulltime try. Despite the lopsided scoreline I feel like we could easily have won that game.
But thats the scary point though isn't it MM , we could of won that game and got done 26 blot

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 1:06 am

Irvine wrote:How is he going to wield the axe ? Recruitment is a joke there is no one to step up.
Yep

Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 1:24 am

I made comment earlier today that I felt at best we're a side who will challenge for the top 8. Nothing that happened tonight surprises me. Yes it's disappointing but the reality is we're not the same side we were last year or even the year before. We've lost a lot experience and talent. Gibbs, Heighington, Ryan, Ellis. Tuqiri and Utai are past their best and if we all take a step back and view the club, we'll see we're clearly in a redevelopment phase.

The injuries to Galloway and back up props Groat and Gavet haven't helped and keep in mind we have a new coach with new ideas and this never happens quickly. The way I see it, The first half of this year will be rough. The quality of Robbie and Benji will win us some games but against the stronger sides we just don't have the ability across the park to match them. Stay patient guys, I believe realistic expectations for the year are below the previous 3-4 years. We just have to accept the fact.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 6:49 am

Okay, sorry to reiterate, but "we our crap"?!!
Honestly, it seems after I was in school at least they just stopped teaching kids to spell even the most rudimentary English. Op, please do what you can to edit the title.
As for the actual topic, I know the tiges are doing badly right now, and they will lose again next week, but I actually truly believe potter has a good handle on things.
Even if they're losing right now, I like how the game they play has changed. Don't write the tiges off just yet...

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 10:55 am

sorry about the english, but some of us didnt get to go to school, but we still have to get bye.
and what does it really take away from what i wanted to say.
some people just like putting people down, some were not given the same chances as others when we were kids.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 11:20 am

Someone last week said if the Titans can beat Manly so can we

I think a lot of us are underestimating the Titans this season If their 6 and 7 can click they could become a Top 5-6 side

They have the most underrated forward pack in the comp

Ryan James has taken his game to another level ,he could be a bargain pick up

The Manly game confirmed a lot of things for me We are a long way off the pace and Potter has a lot to learn as a NRL coach The ESL has four strong sides and then drops off pretty dramatically from there ,NRL week to week isn't easy ,especially when your not a powerhouse to start with

everett

Post by everett » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 11:45 am

I think 2013 should be a rebuilding year and a chance to blood players and tap on the shoulder non performing players so Potter has some money to be active in the players market.

Tedesco needs to be full back from now on.
Moltzen has pace and can tackle so can play wing or centre.
Lawrence needs to be moved on and Simona or Brien given a chance
Mr T to replace Reddy and bring TT back to the club to mentor him.
Also give Nofo a go on the wing
Marshall told to improve or moved on.
Miller work in progress like Lui was before him
BMM and Pettybourne to get fit and start as second rowers
Anasta to be moved on.
Sue and Ava given more time in NRL with an eye to the future.

2014 will be much brighter.

Teddy, Miller, Ava, Sue, Buchanan, Nofo, Mr T will have NRL experience

We will have more prop depth.

Either Marshall, Lawrence, Anasta perform or moved on and free up money.

I hate to say it but I think the WT will be better off with Marshall and is stupid options and poor defence. You have been great but sorry we can not live on past glories any more.

We actively buy two props and a speedy centre.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 12:17 pm

would love to see potter do that as of next week, he needs to bit the bullet. would rather see us get beaten with all the kids playing and having a go than all the primma donnas playing the way thay do.

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 12:22 pm

everett wrote:I think 2013 should be a rebuilding year and a chance to blood players and tap on the shoulder non performing players so Potter has some money to be active in the players market.

Tedesco needs to be full back from now on.
Moltzen has pace and can tackle so can play wing or centre.
Lawrence needs to be moved on and Simona or Brien given a chance
Mr T to replace Reddy and bring TT back to the club to mentor him.
Also give Nofo a go on the wing
Marshall told to improve or moved on.
Miller work in progress like Lui was before him
BMM and Pettybourne to get fit and start as second rowers
Anasta to be moved on.
Sue and Ava given more time in NRL with an eye to the future.

2014 will be much brighter.

Teddy, Miller, Ava, Sue, Buchanan, Nofo, Mr T will have NRL experience

We will have more prop depth.

Either Marshall, Lawrence, Anasta perform or moved on and free up money.

I hate to say it but I think the WT will be better off with Marshall and is stupid options and poor defence. You have been great but sorry we can not live on past glories any more.

We actively buy two props and a speedy centre.
Agree Mick Potter has to start looking to the future. Give the young players experience. No more stupid resigning Fulton for 3 more years really how stupid is that.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 12:25 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Irvine wrote:How is he going to wield the axe ? Recruitment is a joke there is no one to step up.
Yep
We may just have to gamble with a youth policy and stick with them through hell and high water

Other clubs have done it Brisbane , Penrith to a degree ,Souths,Titans ,Newcastle

What is the definition of being crazy "Attempting and expecting to improve by doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result every time "

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 3:35 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Marshall_magic wrote:I don't think it's as bad as people let on, Manly defended really well tonight, and in wet weather it becomes more difficult to score. Tedesco on the wing was a killer for us, he's not a winger and we conceded 3 tries down that side. Other than that they scored the mother of all flukey tries and a fulltime try. Despite the lopsided scoreline I feel like we could easily have won that game.
But thats the scary point though isn't it MM , we could of won that game and got done 26 blot

After having calmed down from last night and watching the game again.....I dont think we were as bad as the scoreboard says.

IMO we competed that whole game,were very unlucky not to score a couple of times when the game was in balance,and they scored one of a bomb,one when we should have scored and one in the last minute.

That score falttered Manly......

I still say pulling Robbie out of the action is madness,and playing Anasta while we have BMM sitting on the bench is too madness,but thats coaching mistakes IMO.

Its not the end of the world yet kiddies.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 3:55 pm

simonthetiger wrote: IMO we competed that whole game,were very unlucky not to score a couple of times when the game was in balance,and they scored one of a bomb,one when we should have scored and one in the last minute.

That score falttered Manly......
Agreed. Just a couple of things cost us:

- During the drop-a-thon, we managed to drop one in the in-goal. Manly dropped all of their ball in field of play.
- Tedesco was playing out of position which was tough on him. Got found out for a couple of tries, but he will learn. He did get through 80 minutes which should help his confidence.
- I thought Miller went missing. This is a shame because after the Parra game, I thought he was growing into the role. Hopefully he comes back well next match.

I thought the idea of giving Farah a rest had some merit, the issue was the replacement. Iosefa has always been a liability in defence. Regardless, I think it was good Potter was trying something. Sheens would dare not have done something like this for fear of upsetting Robbie & Benji.

Whilst the player personel is relatively similar to last season, we are rebuilding. New coach, new structure all takes time to gel. There was a good article interviewing Chris Anderson a couple of weeks back about changing coaches/structure. It can take up to 8 matches before players adjust and get out of their old habits. Best time to judge if any improvement has occurred would be after round 10.

Potter will also be learning. We all have to remember, he is coaching a squad put together by Sheens. He needs to know the type of squad he requires to suit his structure. That could take one or two seasons!

Before the match I did not think we were ready to beat Manly. I thought there was committment which is much better than say the Warriors where the players clearly don't want the coach and are playing accordingly.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 4:58 pm

I just cant agree with resting our best player.

Unless we are winning by fifty I want him on there at all times.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 5:06 pm

played four games.
won 2, a bit better than compared to season 2012.
we need to rrealise/accept that the team is a work in progress.
there will be pain, frustration and hopefully some elation.

would really like wests-tigers to have defence similar style to their opponents last night.

can't stand losing to any team, let alone Manly.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

yeti

Post by yeti » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 6:14 pm

It wasn't the best night at the office, and it won't be the last time this year we have a poor performance. However, I believe we'll also have games where we go really well, particularly later in the season. I've said it before - this will be a year of inconsistency as we come to grips with a new coach and systems. But a season playing under Potter with a few new recruits in the off season will see the Tigers become a real force in '14!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 6:28 pm

This time last year we would have been 26-0 down at half time. The attack didn't quite click but forcing five repeat sets is no mean feat, just failed to convert them into points. This time last year, we would have spent most of the first half camped on our line, not theirs. Scoreline flatters Manly as they scored two tries off the back of forward passes.

The wheels certainly came off without Farah though. I see the merit in resting him, but it's quite obvious that the team lost a leg when he came off, particularly when he was replaced by a park footballer.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 9:33 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:This time last year we would have been 26-0 down at half time. The attack didn't quite click but forcing five repeat sets is no mean feat, just failed to convert them into points. This time last year, we would have spent most of the first half camped on our line, not theirs. Scoreline flatters Manly as they scored two tries off the back of forward passes.

The wheels certainly came off without Farah though. I see the merit in resting him, but it's quite obvious that the team lost a leg when he came off, particularly when he was replaced by a park footballer.
Having a plan to rest someone is okay but you have to be able to maybe change the plan to suit the situation of the game, Robbie didn't look like he was struggling and he was gonna get a rest 10 minutes later at halftime anyway. Crazy, crazy decision at that crucial point in the game, we lost any chance we had of winning that game while Robbie was off.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 10:11 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:This time last year we would have been 26-0 down at half time. The attack didn't quite click but forcing five repeat sets is no mean feat, just failed to convert them into points. This time last year, we would have spent most of the first half camped on our line, not theirs. Scoreline flatters Manly as they scored two tries off the back of forward passes.

Unfortunately that "park footballer" could be taking Farah's place around SOO time.