Why did we get held to nil???

ImageImageImage
Tiger Watto

Re: Why did we get held to nil???

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:42 am

The last time we were held to Nil, wasn't it a double?

Pretty scary heading to Melbourne next week...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 9:52 am

kh_canada wrote:I'm reluctant to believe those stats. Half-time the completions were 12/16 tigers.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
i was just looking at my phone after the game, seems they have changed since last night though...

Manly Completed 27/45, Tigers 25/37
Tackle Busts Manly 22 Tigers 10
Errors Manly 15, Tigers 12
Tackles Made Manly 273, Tigers 286
Tackles Missed Manly 10, Tigers 22
Penalties Manly 6, Tigers 9
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 10:23 am

Also for a team that likes to spread the ball, we have no wingers. How did we get ourselves in that position?

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 10:29 am

NJLM78 wrote:If Benji was more accurate with his kicking we could have finished on 2.
:D :D :D :D Classic!

barra

Post by barra » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 11:02 am

We were totally out-classed. Manly are a very good defensive team and we had zero impact from the forwards, no speed anywhere in the backs, most of the set plays looked like slow motion.

Unless you can get the defence on the back foot Manly is never going to give up anything.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 12:58 pm

pHyR3 wrote:
kh_canada wrote:I'm reluctant to believe those stats. Half-time the completions were 12/16 tigers.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
i was just looking at my phone after the game, seems they have changed since last night though...

Manly Completed 27/45, Tigers 25/37
Tackle Busts Manly 22 Tigers 10
Errors Manly 15, Tigers 12
Tackles Made Manly 273, Tigers 286
Tackles Missed Manly 10, Tigers 22
Penalties Manly 6, Tigers 9
Can't believe Manly only made 15 errors for the whole match. Pretty sure they were nearly on 15 at half time! They made heaps more errors than us, yet still thrashed us.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Basil Tiger

Post by Basil Tiger » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 1:01 pm

barra wrote:We were totally out-classed. Manly are a very good defensive team and we had zero impact from the forwards, no speed anywhere in the backs, most of the set plays looked like slow motion.

Unless you can get the defence on the back foot Manly is never going to give up anything.
Yeah,same as last year IMO,no real combinations or slick plays but i still have hopes we can get something going and make the 8.
Greetings All,from far Northern NSW.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 1:08 pm

clontarfkid wrote:We got held to nil despite having THREE playmakers in the team because playmaker 1 Benji simply wont take the line on like Manly did,& prefers something flashy that will get his name in headlites inthe media.
Playmaker 2,Miller,was virtually invisible & progressed backwards from last week-jury still out on him
Playmaker 3,Anasta..did he actually play?
All three are poor defenders leaving our defence brittle.
At least one has to go..soon.And the other..Benji..needs a rocket
Miller is a liability in attack and particularly in defence. Did Potter even watch any of his games in NYC ? All you had to do was watch a handful of games and this could all have been avoided.
He was on the plane to England but No Royce Simmons said we should keep him.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 1:12 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:The last time we were held to Nil, wasn't it a double?

Pretty scary heading to Melbourne next week...
Nah Watto the Warriors held us to nil on a wet Benjiless in NZ in 2007 ???

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 1:16 pm

The reason we were held to zero was we continued to hoist bombs and throw grubbers around so much we became predictable

What happened to the Tigers side that used to run it on the sixth and then kick when it closed out

Once and while this wouldn't hurt to stop the opposition wingers sliding back for kicks every 5th tackle

Blotto

Post by Blotto » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 1:20 pm

Some good points made by previous posters! The first 25mins when Tigers were camped in the Manly half they were spilling the ball like Manly were. Also when they did have a chance wrong calls by the Ref intervened!
The main difference between the teams is that Manly have a settled side and now know the Coach and his philosophy! The Tigers are still on a learning curve with a new Coach, but it still burns that if you don't get points when in a lot of pssession, it will come back at you as proved! Tedesco will have better days as he gets more playing time, but it is naeve thinking that putting him on the wing without inside back up, when he was off the pace and drifting inside! Anasta was disturbingly quiet, Benji went walkabout for most of the time.
Not a good day at the office but not unexpected and will not get better facing Storm.
But what planet are Warren & Gould on reckoning Manly will make the GF this year! I don't think they will scrape into the SF's as they've not much improvement left in them, the Tigers and a few other Teams will certainly up the ante as the season progresses!