Not capitalising on possession

ImageImageImage
delpy

Not capitalising on possession

Post by delpy » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 12:30 am

Manly turns the ball over (mostly inside their 30m) 11 times in the first half and are made to defend 6 sets in a row. We don't score any points. It's just not good enough. Tonight our attack was woeful. It's hard in the rain, but our forwards showed no aggression or go forward. Our attack was all off the back foot. With that sort of possession we should have been up 18-0 at least, not trailing by 4.

On Tedesco, I don't think that it was a horrible game. His drop that led to the Symonds try was a shocker, but the first try on his wing he was left with two after Lawrence was forced in to assist in the tackle of Lawrence. He did well to almost bundle Williams into touch. The second try I have not seen a replay of yet. His slide to deny Williams' hat-trick was brilliant.

I also think someone told Moltzen to run the ball back on kick returns. Perhaps he heard the booing from last week. Either way, he hasn't lost his spot at 1 off the back of this week's performance.
Delpy
Wests Tigers Member

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 12:43 am

No different than last week We should have got an extra 2 tries last week

What happened to the Tigers team that occasionally ran the ball on the sixth and the kicked when the options ran out ??

We are way too predictable , like I said in another thread , we seem to have become the 2013 version of Penrith

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 12:55 am

delpy wrote: I also think someone told Moltzen to run the ball back on kick returns. Perhaps he heard the booing from last week. Either way, he hasn't lost his spot at 1 off the back of this week's performance.
Perhaps the wingers said..What's wrong with your legs.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 1:09 am

He looked for Koro on the first kick return and remembered he wasnt there

We looked sluggish and looked to just stay with them even though they were going no where early

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 1:51 am

I felt we were trying to maintain pressure which we were but it wasn't as if we were asking questions. It was get to kick and then force repeat set stuff. Unfortunately the game was just too slow for it to have an affect of tiredness.

Post by Guest » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 6:50 am

delpy wrote:Manly turns the ball over (mostly inside their 30m) 11 times in the first half and are made to defend 6 sets in a row. We don't score any points. It's just not good enough. Tonight our attack was woeful. It's hard in the rain, but our forwards showed no aggression or go forward. Our attack was all off the back foot. With that sort of possession we should have been up 18-0 at least, not trailing by 4.

On Tedesco, I don't think that it was a horrible game. His drop that led to the Symonds try was a shocker, but the first try on his wing he was left with two after Lawrence was forced in to assist in the tackle of Lawrence. He did well to almost bundle Williams into touch. The second try I have not seen a replay of yet. His slide to deny Williams' hat-trick was brilliant.

I also think someone told Moltzen to run the ball back on kick returns. Perhaps he heard the booing from last week. Either way, he hasn't lost his spot at 1 off the back of this week's performance.
Posted using RoarFEED 2013

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 6:06 pm

delpy wrote:Manly turns the ball over (mostly inside their 30m) 11 times in the first half and are made to defend 6 sets in a row. We don't score any points. It's just not good enough. Tonight our attack was woeful. It's hard in the rain, but our forwards showed no aggression or go forward. Our attack was all off the back foot. With that sort of possession we should have been up 18-0 at least, not trailing by 4.

Great post.

Manly defended brilliantly and we got totally flustered. Once they held off our consecutive run of sets, we were done for. Our attack is quite poor in wet conditions and we lacked strike power out wide due to injuries and lost form.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:30 pm

We basically admitted we couldn't cross the line by opting for the shot at goal, which Benji friggin missed. We were a defeated team from that point on and Manly knew it. Pathetic.