Chris Lawrence

ImageImageImage
User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9454
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Chris Lawrence

Post by smeghead » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 9:01 am

90% of the decisions he makes as a centre in defence are wrong and cost the team yardage, line breaks or trys.

I think he needs to be moved to the wing and see if he can find a home there because he is not a centres behind anymore. Whether it be the long term effects of his injury or something else he gets stood up or rushes in Eric Grothe Jnr style and leaves his team mates posted.

If he doesn't work out on the wing it is time to move him on
Image


User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 9:08 am

His chase on Cherry Evans was just sad.

He's finished.

smoking gun
Member
Member
Posts: 1321
Joined: Fri 24 Jun, 2011 12:29 pm
Location: Sydney, nsw

Post by smoking gun » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 9:09 am

As alot know I've called for Lawrence to be moved to the wing for a couple years, when he can into grade on the win he killed it it would give us added pace on the edges

Tedesco
Lawrence
Ayshford
Simona
Koribete


That's my back line, this team has trotted out the same crap for years need to change it up

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9454
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 9:14 am

I am 100% behind that lineup
Image

Pokies
Member
Member
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu 24 Sep, 2009 4:27 pm

Post by Pokies » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 9:20 am

He looks done to me, defence is absolutely woeful this year. Don't bother putting him on the wing as his speed is not even close to what it used to be. Short term I would be dropping him to reggies and hoping he can rediscover form. Long term if that wasn't helping I would be looking at ways to ship him off to England ASAP. injuries have destroyed him unfortuantely. Dean Collis V2

Posted using RoarFEED 2013


tigerlogic
Member
Member
Posts: 958
Joined: Sun 26 Jun, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by tigerlogic » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 9:41 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:His chase on Cherry Evans was just sad.

He's finished.

x100
It's sad really.. He couldn't get going, runs like a three legged horse

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Guest

Post by Guest » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 9:53 am

Pokies wrote:He looks done to me, defence is absolutely woeful this year. Don't bother putting him on the wing as his speed is not even close to what it used to be. Short term I would be dropping him to reggies and hoping he can rediscover form. Long term if that wasn't helping I would be looking at ways to ship him off to England ASAP. injuries have destroyed him unfortuantely. Dean Collis V2

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Im shattered but totally agree

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3574
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Eddie » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 9:53 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:His chase on Cherry Evans was just sad.

He's finished.
Other club's drop players for non efforts like that. It's why teams like Souths look so hungry, players get dropped for failing to meet training standards, or being 5 minutes late. Our club has been run like a boys club mentality for years. Someone like Lawrence probably considers a chase like that normal, those 1% probably are never pulled up in review. Potter has a hell of a job to turn attitudes like that around, i don't envy him. Seems engrained in this squad.

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 9:55 am

I think he is fine. He runs it back hard. He also gave it his all out there and that is why he couldn't chase DCE.

I'd be happy to see him on the wing but I think all he needs is a couple of games like last week and even better halves running it at the opposition more often.

LCA
Member
Member
Posts: 1095
Joined: Sun 06 Mar, 2011 5:58 pm
Location: Liverpool

Post by LCA » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 10:15 am

tigerlogic wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:His chase on Cherry Evans was just sad.

He's finished.

x100
It's sad really.. He couldn't get going, runs like a three legged horse

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Then why would you want him on a wing if he has no speed? Move him as far away from Ayshford as possible because what ever is wrong with Chris seems to be contagious.

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9454
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 10:19 am

I think he still has pace but nowhere near the power in his lateral shift (kind of essential at centre)
Image

User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9454
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 10:19 am

I think he still has pace but nowhere near the power in his lateral shift (kind of essential at centre)
Image

User avatar
alex
Member
Member
Posts: 3624
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: Haberfield

Post by alex » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 10:24 am

He is terrible under the high ball too. With Lawrence on the left and Utai on the right, we are sitting ducks for kicking geniuses like Cronk & Reynolds.

I haven't seen any NSW Cup action this year but how is Simona going?

User avatar
Centaur
Member
Member
Posts: 1572
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Centaur » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 10:29 am

As already mentioned his chase on DCE was diabolical. Runs like a 80 year old.

User avatar
Blackpearl
Member
Member
Posts: 1391
Joined: Thu 20 Aug, 2009 12:01 pm
Location: The burbs

Post by Blackpearl » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 10:29 am

smeghead wrote:90% of the decisions he makes as a centre in defence are wrong and cost the team yardage, line breaks or trys.

I think he needs to be moved to the wing and see if he can find a home there because he is not a centres behind anymore. Whether it be the long term effects of his injury or something else he gets stood up or rushes in Eric Grothe Jnr style and leaves his team mates posted.

If he doesn't work out on the wing it is time to move him on
totally agree with this smeg. i am no medical expert but i just dont think he will never be the same after the serious leg injury he had. its early days in the season but it is time to give chris a stint in state cup and promote nofa onto a wing spot. the tigers need speed right across the backline. this was our achilles last year and we have the young blokes available and are ready to go
I dislike sowfs immensely

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33118
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 11:52 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:His chase on Cherry Evans was just sad.

He's finished.
Agree. I'd consider moving him to the wing until Koroibete returns, otherwise whack him in State Cup and promote Simona who looks pretty sharp at the moment.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41215
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 12:02 pm

willow wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:His chase on Cherry Evans was just sad.

He's finished.
Agree. I'd consider moving him to the wing until Koroibete returns, otherwise whack him in State Cup and promote Simona who looks pretty sharp at the moment.
Better still , lets offer him up for trade for a quality prop while a club might still be willing to take a chance he may still be able to find his past form and Rowdy is still worth some money

If he plays out the season in NRL he will be worth nothing to us if we were wishing to offload him

It is sad ,I would hate to have to give the bloke the news ,he seems the nicest guy and he is obviously still trying but the magic is gone

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41215
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Fri 29 Mar, 2013 12:04 pm

tigerlogic wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:His chase on Cherry Evans was just sad.

He's finished.

x100
It's sad really.. He couldn't get going, runs like a three legged horse

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
After about 10 metres it looked like his hammy twanged and he just stopped and gave up

Post Reply