Chris Lawrence

ImageImageImage
mtd

Chris Lawrence

Post by mtd » Sun 31 Mar, 2013 10:46 am

would we consider him in the backrow? Bring him on to replace Anasta?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Sun 31 Mar, 2013 11:19 am

I agree Lawrence is a shadow if his former self

But in his defense of that DCE try the other night, he might not have given 100% chase because of the irregular events leading up to that try. (Sometimes the refs let the play go on for abit until they decide to call it back due to communicating with the pocket refs)

So yeah, if it was a legit break away or intercept, I'm pretty sure Lawrence would have put in more effort

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 31 Mar, 2013 11:48 am

I am not fussed about the intercept.

It is when forced to backpedal and read the play he seems to no longer have the first step power to close gaps and that allows line breaks. Paired with his rush infield defence it is a real concern

coopy

Post by coopy » Sun 31 Mar, 2013 1:25 pm

mtd wrote:would we consider him in the backrow? Bring him on to replace Anasta?

Yep - agree with that. He would basically shift two in and defend closer to the ruck. Although in Rowdy's defence in 2010-11 wasn't Benji playing on that side of the field? The opportunities he got were much better than what Milky provides - (I don't think Milky will make the grade with the TIgers unfortunately).

I think if he had someone distributing the ball that allowed him to hit the holes he used to we mightn't be complaining.

Also, those calling For Moltzen to be played at wing need to understand that a winger normally makes dirty yards on the first hit-up. Could you imagine Timmy doing that? The starts to our sets of six would be appauling. we struggle with go forward enough as is.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 31 Mar, 2013 4:42 pm

coopy wrote:
mtd wrote:would we consider him in the backrow? Bring him on to replace Anasta?

Yep - agree with that. He would basically shift two in and defend closer to the ruck. Although in Rowdy's defence in 2010-11 wasn't Benji playing on that side of the field? The opportunities he got were much better than what Milky provides - (I don't think Milky will make the grade with the TIgers unfortunately).

I think if he had someone distributing the ball that allowed him to hit the holes he used to we mightn't be complaining.

Also, those calling For Moltzen to be played at wing need to understand that a winger normally makes dirty yards on the first hit-up. Could you imagine Timmy doing that? The starts to our sets of six would be appauling. we struggle with go forward enough as is.
well i think we'd see the best of him hitting the ball there... plus he has the speed/acceleration (more so than alot of back rowers)... and yeah he woudlnt be too bad in defence around the middle..

maybe shift blair to front row, lawrence to lock???