This will be the most farfetched thing you read today

ImageImageImage
pHyR3

Re: This will be the most farfetched thing you read today

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 30 Mar, 2013 2:32 pm

Big upsets happen all the time, who would have called eels beating storm last year? If i'd rocked up on the eels forum and said they'd beat storm i'd have been laughed off the site.

I think we can pull it off if we are on our game 80min and storm are a bit off, and we HAVE been on our game this season and storm HAVE been off it this season in some games too.

If it doesn't work out and we get shut out 30-0 then i'll admit i was wrong for sure.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 30 Mar, 2013 3:10 pm

cant disagree with any of that....though dunno about big upsets happening all the time, maybe every now n then

tigsta

Post by tigsta » Sun 31 Mar, 2013 10:39 am

We are going to lose. And we will lose huge. We now have another incompetent coach. And we have about 3 1st grade players in our squad. And there is no cohesion with the playing group at all.
We played parra and penrith who are both average and they weren't convincing wins. We then came up against a real solid team who had 15 % possession in 25 mins and we still lost by 26. Now we play the best team at their home. I think Melbourne will lap us by 40.
Bad times ahead boys.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 31 Mar, 2013 11:55 am

Melbourne by the length of the straight and than some.Fast hard track and we are in for yet another torrid night. Our wins this year will be restricted to the cellar dewlers

Westie

Post by Westie » Sun 31 Mar, 2013 1:44 pm

tigsta wrote:We are going to lose. And we will lose huge. We now have another incompetent coach.

Mare lets give Micky a fairgo, I am sure he learnt more than in another his games in the UK in his last game.
I doubt that he will ever take Robbie off unless his injured again.
But Melbourne are due for a loss and we are still showing signs of improvement in every game.

1974semifinal

Post by 1974semifinal » Sun 31 Mar, 2013 3:23 pm

happy tiger wrote:I think the general consensus around rugby league circles would be Melbourne 13+ and more likely 19+

Ayshford will have his work cut out this week thats for sure and if he is having one of his bad defensive nights it could be 30+ or 40+

Actually be very tempted to move Blair into the second row this week for that very reason
Actually I would like to see Blair moved to the second row of reserves and stay there till his contract expires...the biggest dud I have seen in many years.

While he plays 1st grade I dont rate us. On top of that Old Man Anasta who has won that same award for many years and Eddy and the other fella....THE Sheens Legacy..and we are still paying him..what a farce .

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 31 Mar, 2013 10:06 pm

there is a bloke who backs the team with the longest odds each round to win head with head heis yet to have a losing year. Melbourne deserve to be favorite but footy is a funny game

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Mon 01 Apr, 2013 5:01 pm

Snodgrass wrote:I'll be happy if we just keep putting in. To say we were unlucky against Manly is ridiculous. They gifted us two seasons worth of pill in the first half ... Melbourne won't be doing that.

Keep them under 40 and we'll have done reasonably well.
I expect a positive post from you post-match then ;)
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Mon 01 Apr, 2013 5:07 pm

i like your positivity Phyr3, but if Potter picks that backline I fear we will be shut out. We need experienced players for this game. Expect:
1. Moltzen
2. Reddy
3. Ayshford
4. Rowdy
5. Utai
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 01 Apr, 2013 9:06 pm

If potter picks that back line we will be thumped unless the forwards can step it up to a WHOLE new level + benji/robbie combine.

need tedesco at fb and moltz on the wing. Very similar position if the player is experienced and has a full week to train there (which moltz will have and teddy didnt).

Then i'd look to bring up a centre like simona or brien instead of lawrence before koro comes back. maybe even big t if he looks less error prone.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Golden

Post by Golden » Mon 01 Apr, 2013 11:28 pm

I would have said April fools ended at midday today but you posted this on March 29th...

bwahahahahahahaha at us winning in Melbourne

Shooshmeister

Post by Shooshmeister » Sun 07 Apr, 2013 10:40 pm

I'll play my Joker card for this game.........does that mean we will win......of course it does.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 08 Apr, 2013 8:54 pm

Well, to all those people who said blowout and no chance! :D

Mightn't have won, but i knew we had it in us to put up a bloody good fight and come in contention. Penalties and a bit of burn out in the last 15 won it for storm!