100% no chance at all

ImageImageImage
innsaneink

Re: 100% no chance at all

Post by innsaneink » Wed 03 Apr, 2013 3:36 pm

Newtown wrote:
Golden wrote:we are going to get killed and I mean killed!!, we might as well Forfeit this game and save our F and A

I would be surprised if they don't put any more then at least 40 on us, anything less will be remarkable

storm are simply unbeatable in Melbourne as it is and Unbeatable with a lead at halftime, yes yes yes Broncos and bulldogs came back but guess what?? they still won!!!

we won't even score a try because they will use their compressed defence and we will run sideways all night and go nowhere
Have you ever heard of the uncertainty of sport? If you don't believe in it why follow any sport? I followed a team called Newtown when they were bashed nearly every week they played in the late 70's. I still enjoyed watching them because they put their heart and soul in every game. A few years later (1981) they made the grand final and just missed against the favourites, a very strong Parramatta team.
Yeh good post
Was like that with this team in the early noughties.....realistically never expected to win many, just hoped for it moreso.
The upset wins as rare as they were, were oh so sweet.
That changed in 05....have come to expect us to win most of the time until last year....now I only tip us half the time

Its one thing to be realistic while negative....yes we know were up against it.

But to shout it from the rooftops as OP has done???

No need.

Maybe theres a need for attention

willow

Post by willow » Wed 03 Apr, 2013 3:40 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Newtown wrote:
Golden wrote:we are going to get killed and I mean killed!!, we might as well Forfeit this game and save our F and A

I would be surprised if they don't put any more then at least 40 on us, anything less will be remarkable

storm are simply unbeatable in Melbourne as it is and Unbeatable with a lead at halftime, yes yes yes Broncos and bulldogs came back but guess what?? they still won!!!

we won't even score a try because they will use their compressed defence and we will run sideways all night and go nowhere
Have you ever heard of the uncertainty of sport? If you don't believe in it why follow any sport? I followed a team called Newtown when they were bashed nearly every week they played in the late 70's. I still enjoyed watching them because they put their heart and soul in every game. A few years later (1981) they made the grand final and just missed against the favourites, a very strong Parramatta team.
Yeh good post
Was like that with this team in the early noughties.....realistically never expected to win many, just hoped for it moreso.
The upset wins as rare as they were, were oh so sweet.
That changed in 05....have come to expect us to win most of the time until last year....now I only tip us half the time

Its one thing to be realistic while negative....yes we know were up against it.

But to shout it from the rooftops as OP has done???

No need.

Maybe theres a need for attention
I wouldn't expect a professional team to forfeit either.

Golden

Post by Golden » Wed 03 Apr, 2013 3:45 pm

Well oviously I didn't mean to literitlly forfeit but you know what I mean, think Cricket what happens if a team has no chance to win after day 3?? they pray for rain!

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Wed 03 Apr, 2013 3:49 pm

Golden wrote:Well oviously I didn't mean to literitlly forfeit but you know what I mean, think Cricket what happens if a team has no chance to win after day 3?? they pray for rain!
Well we certainly don't want rain after last weeks effort in the stuff. A heatwave maybe?

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Wed 03 Apr, 2013 3:50 pm

Golden wrote:Well oviously I didn't mean to literitlly forfeit but you know what I mean, think Cricket what happens if a team has no chance to win after day 3?? they pray for rain!
No, they go out and give it their all and their supporters hope they do the same, especially when it's not day 3 since the game hasn't even begun.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 03 Apr, 2013 4:32 pm

Do you have such a defeatist attitude in all other aspects of your life Golden?

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Wed 03 Apr, 2013 4:54 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Do you have such a defeatist attitude in all other aspects of your life Golden?
Is that like putting on the egg-timer before you head to the bedroom for a bit of shenanigans? ;)

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Wed 03 Apr, 2013 5:39 pm

Golden - i know how you feel- when i was a kid i felt the same.
Main thing is you are a Wests Tigers fan.
Pick your chin up.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Chris

Post by Chris » Wed 03 Apr, 2013 5:55 pm

I missed you during the off season Golden :D

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Wed 03 Apr, 2013 7:30 pm

The $5.50 offered for a Wests Tigers win is tempting ....but after seeing Golden's post ......time to put some $$) on the lads .
They surprised me last year at AAMI Park when I witnessed a great win the rain....yes it was State of Origin time , but lookking foreard to the trip down again with my mates to support the lads to hopefully keep that 100% strike rate at AAMI.

Heck , if we had Golden's attitude we would all stay at home & not even turn on the tube to watch .

Go the Mighty Wests Tigers ....i forcast a hard fought 2 point win ....with the corner supporters bay going off again

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Wed 03 Apr, 2013 7:45 pm

Aladinsane wrote:The $5.50 offered for a Wests Tigers win is tempting ....but after seeing Golden's post ......time to put some $$) on the lads .
They surprised me last year at AAMI Park when I witnessed a great win the rain....yes it was State of Origin time , but lookking foreard to the trip down again with my mates to support the lads to hopefully keep that 100% strike rate at AAMI.

Heck , if we had Golden's attitude we would all stay at home & not even turn on the tube to watch .

Go the Mighty Wests Tigers ....i forcast a hard fought 2 point win ....with the corner supporters bay going off again
Well said Alad. I would never write off a team containing the likes of Farah and Marshall (well the old Marshall). and when Tedesco finally gets his crack at fullback our attack is going to improve enormously. Ironically we may well have the best overall match-up in the NRL for the 'famous four' Melbourne spine.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 04 Apr, 2013 7:32 pm

We are ?% a chance of causing an upset

Just what ? is, I dont know.

It does happen occasionally....I couldnt and wouldnt bother following if I knew there was no chance for us whatsoever.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Thu 04 Apr, 2013 7:39 pm

of course we have a chance. so has tonights lotto winnner!
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

LaT

Post by LaT » Thu 04 Apr, 2013 7:41 pm

bigsiro wrote:May I ask, if you are in a tipping comp are you physically able to tip against us?
I can never bring myself to tip against us, even in a game like this.....

What if we win and I tipped Melbourne?
I never tip against Tigers. Not superstitious about it, just wouldn't like the feeling of tipping against us and then seeing Tigers getting up.

Like a bet each way, or kissing your sister.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Thu 04 Apr, 2013 7:46 pm

Thanks for the reminder. Must do my footy tipping

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Thu 04 Apr, 2013 7:56 pm

I don't mind betting against my team cause that means either way I win, either tigers win woot! or i win a bit of money which lessens the blow of my beloved team losing :(
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

LaT

Post by LaT » Thu 04 Apr, 2013 9:10 pm

I like the lows to feel low, because when everything is going good....its feels damn awesome!
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

cunno

Post by cunno » Thu 04 Apr, 2013 9:42 pm

tigerbalm wrote:Your missing one important fact.

I have gone and watched wests at AAMI once, and we won. That's 100% strike rate on my behalf. I'm probably gunna go and watch again and with 100% batting average I like my odds.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Hope you are right Tigerbalm will make my trip worth it, I'll be sitting somewhere near you but with your record happy for you to have the strike.